Sign in to follow this  
Mejjo

P3D 5.3 Hotfix 2 released

16 minutes ago, SteveW said:

10 core HT Disabled: 1023 1023 0,2,4 is fine.

Basically with HT Disabled we can accept the P3D v5.3 settings as they will use all cores:

Plugging 10 "ones" into the BIN Field of Windows Calculator "1111111111" gives 1023 in the DEC field which means to use all 10 cores.

Thanks Steve 

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Traffic is still the killer unfortunately...other than that as far as I can see, good to go.

Finally after years not anymore on my system with AIG

• Like 1

André

Has anybody else noticed with the latest hotfix some new stutters on complex scenery that contains photoscenery bases?  The ones I'm observing are specifically many of the Orbx TrueEarth regions.

Based on the affinity mask thread I posted a few weeks ago, I set up a saved scenario from an observation by @Ray Proudfoot with an approach to EGLL with SimWings Heathrow and TrueEarth GB South in a PMDG 777 (autogen medium).  I've done a bazillion tests related to affinity masks but after noticing some new stutters post-HF2, I re-ran the scenarios with identical configs, affinity masks, etc. and am seeing more volatility in render latency and FPS with the new HF2.

See below for some examples.  The black lines represent 5.3 HF1 with the light fix, and the yellow HF2.  While similar, you'll see more volatility in FPS and render latency with HF2.  Beyond these specific charts/tests, I've noticed more stutters with TrueEarth Netherlands + FT EHAM and TrueEarth Northern CA + Flightbeam KSFO.

Tests are on a 12900K w/ DDR5-6000 C36 and a 3090, no HT with the first core free from the P3DCoreAffinityMask, vsync + TB (unlimited in P3D) with NCP vsync set to 1/2 refresh rate.  Captures via Nvidia FrameView.

FPS:

spacer.png

Rendering Latency (ms):

spacer.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SteveW said:

AffinityMask = 253
P3DCoreAffinityMask = 253
MainThreadScheduler = 0
RenderThreadScheduler = 1
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler = 2

Steve,

Why 253 instead of 255 for eight logical cores?

Also doesn’t this assignment put the RenderThreadScheduler on HT0 meaning the hyper thread of Core 0?

See link:  http://izn-flightsim.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/affinity.html#assign

I would  assume :

AffinityMask = 255
P3DCoreAffinityMask = 255
MainThreadScheduler = 0
RenderThreadScheduler = 2
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler = 4

If you want all cores used for P3D and Main on C0, Render on C1, and Frame on C3 for instance.

What am I missing?

Joe

• Like 1

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, MammyJammy said:

Has anybody else noticed with the latest hotfix some new stutters on complex scenery that contains photoscenery bases?  The ones I'm observing are specifically many of the Orbx TrueEarth regions.

Based on the affinity mask thread I posted a few weeks ago, I set up a saved scenario from an observation by @Ray Proudfoot with an approach to EGLL with SimWings Heathrow and TrueEarth GB South in a PMDG 777 (autogen medium).  I've done a bazillion tests related to affinity masks but after noticing some new stutters post-HF2, I re-ran the scenarios with identical configs, affinity masks, etc. and am seeing more volatility in render latency and FPS with the new HF2.

See below for some examples.  The black lines represent 5.3 HF1 with the light fix, and the yellow HF2.  While similar, you'll see more volatility in FPS and render latency with HF2.  Beyond these specific charts/tests, I've noticed more stutters with TrueEarth Netherlands + FT EHAM and TrueEarth Northern CA + Flightbeam KSFO.

Tests are on a 12900K w/ DDR5-6000 C36 and a 3090, no HT with the first core free from the P3DCoreAffinityMask, vsync + TB (unlimited in P3D) with NCP vsync set to 1/2 refresh rate.  Captures via Nvidia FrameView.

FPS:

spacer.png

Rendering Latency (ms):

spacer.png

I'm seeing the same issues, pauses/stuttering.  Feels like HF1 but with more unfortunately.  Performance is great but not sure whats happening.  Flew KSFO Flightbeam to KSAN LVFR with the PMDG NGXu and had a big pause at rotation and another one at touchdown and a good bit of pauses/stutters more towards the approach.  I do not use ORBX regions or true earth, just base and landclass and vector with a 5800x with "HT" on and a 3070ti and 32gb of ram.  I only updated the client so I'm gonna try to update client, scenery, and content tonight using the good guides on here and see if it helps...Just find it odd Mammy is seeing some of the same.  My affinity settings below.  *I also run unlimited frames so gonna try caping as well to see if it helps

[JobScheduler]
AffinityMask=64853
P3DCoreAffinityMask=64853
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=1
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=2

Edited by Frostee
added setting

11 hours ago, SteveW said:

So for 4 core +HT = 8 Logical Processors. I would use:

AffinityMask = 253
P3DCoreAffinityMask = 253
MainThreadScheduler = 0

Thanks Steve,

I was just about to reply and tell you.

I will try that and see how it goes.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

7 hours ago, joepoway said:

I would  assume :

AffinityMask = 255
P3DCoreAffinityMask = 255
MainThreadScheduler = 0
RenderThreadScheduler = 2
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler = 4

If you want all cores used for P3D and Main on C0, Render on C1, and Frame on C3 for instance.

What am I missing?

Joe

That is what P3D assumes as well. But it doesn't give a smoother performance.

• Like 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Always found the in between empty flat building and tree terrain textures sore to the eye so with 5.3 HF2 performance improvement decided to try AUTOGEN_BATCH_LOD=1 and AUTOGEN_TREE_LOD=1 to bring back autogen to full FSX level, and the improvement was nice with full coverage, one step closer to MSFS realistic look with no odd empty patches. Also did POP_FREE_AUTOGEN=0 to gain some additional performance as it looks better trade off than the missing autogen here and there.

15 minutes ago, him225 said:

Also did POP_FREE_AUTOGEN=0 to gain some additional performance

Doesn't that mean auto-gen just appears, instead of “growing“ out of the ground?

Joe, Frostee: What is your auto-gen draw distance set to?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

On 1/20/2022 at 5:42 PM, simfan1983 said:

Event viewer was showing an application log Prepar3D.exe fault with mso20win32client.dll each time it CTDd

I updated to HF2 yesterday and since the update I haven't been able to complete a single flight, every time the sim crashed with the mso20win32client.dll error. 3 times I tried so far, every time with the FSLabs A319 from Zurich to Frankfurt. Once the error occured while I was still at the gate in Zurich and twice during descent. 😟

Never had a CTD with another version of P3DV5.x before. 

Edit: I did a complete reinstall when I updated...

Edited by Swiss2259

Dominik

1 hour ago, Swiss2259 said:

I updated to HF2 yesterday and since the update I haven't been able to complete a single flight, every time the sim crashed with the mso20win32client.dll error. 3 times I tried so far, every time with the FSLabs A319 from Zurich to Frankfurt. Once the error occured while I was still at the gate in Zurich and twice during descent. 😟

Never had a CTD with another version of P3DV5.x before. 

Edit: I did a complete reinstall when I updated...

There's a long thread on the LM forum about this - it seems it might be to do with the MS Access software but it's not entirely clear what the solution is. Do you have Officed installed and also RAAS, either via PMDG aircraft or the FS2crew product? I think I remember that I had this CTD ages ago with P3D v4.5 and fixed it by deleting the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 (Spanish) in  add/remove programs. I deleted this the day before yesterday (it had been reinstalled when I moved to Windows 11 and reinstalled PMDG) and have not had any issues since. However I also installed the content at the same time, so I'm not sure what has (hopefully) fixed it for me.

I would try deleting the Spanish Access engine first and if that does not work try uninstalling Office.

Edited by simfan1983
  • Like 1

Yes I have Office 365 installed. RAAS is not installed.
I'll try to uninstall the MS Access Database Engine and test again. thanks

Dominik

19 hours ago, SteveW said:

P3D v5.3 and 8 cores HT Enabled? 255 would be OK for HT Disabled but not so good with HT Enabled.

Try:

AffinityMask = 65493
P3DCoreAffinityMask = 16341
MainThreadScheduler = 0

steve, 

can you run me some numbers for an  8700k with HT off.

this new HF is giving me blurries. 

thanks 

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, simfan1983 said:

I would try deleting the Spanish Access engine first and if that does not work try uninstalling Office.

I uninstalled the Access Database Engine and I was able to complete my flight from Zurich zu Frankfurt 🙂, thanks for that suggestion

• Like 1

Dominik

With 5.3HF2 i think my VRAM is a bit higher (about 0,5-1GB) I noticed that with FT KLAS/MCE Nevada i was at 10.5GB with 2048 textures and medium to high settings (all Autogen on medium/normal)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png