Sign in to follow this  
Mejjo

P3D 5.3 Hotfix 2 released

It never stopped working, at least for me. Maybe you should delete it, re-download, install again. It was updated today to latest version.

1 minute ago, Patco Lch said:

So ENVDIR is working? I haven't been able to get it to open for a month. Been over this before in the forum. What's your secret?  

Yes it works for me but I am aware that several people are having a terrible time getting it to work.

quick question.  I've always left ship traffic off.  Is this a resource intensive feature?  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

3 minutes ago, micstatic said:

quick question.  I've always left ship traffic off.  Is this a resource intensive feature?  

All the traffic types takes a bit of CPU resource, I keep them all at 10 - 15% because it helps for the immersion. It's not as CPU intensive as the autogen though in my experience.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, planechaser said:

Wondering if anybody has experiencing the unlimited visibility issue with EA off again. Updated client did all the " delete generated files" and cleared shaders - installed new AS beta.

Lets hope this bug has not cropped up again.

This wasn't part of the hotfix. It's "bad" shader or configuration within p3d. 

Needs a bit more rework to get this look right. 

LM is aware. 

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I'd say that LM ought just do everyone a favour and just go ahead and remove the Triple Buffering check box altogether!

Since as far as I can tell it is the one and only cause of stuttering in the sim at least on my system.

I sit there with the live graphic window open and watch the silky smooth (MSFS silky smooth mind you) game play at 30hz with VSYNC on

and put a check in the Triple buffering box and watch it induce nasty random and often stutters. Remove the

check from the box and the stutter disappear like magic. Put the check back and the nasty little stutters return.

Just remove the stupid box from the GUI altogether! Or remove the text "Triple Buffing" and replace it with "Stutters".

6 hours ago, planechaser said:

Wondering if anybody has experiencing the unlimited visibility issue with EA off again. Updated client did all the " delete generated files" and cleared shaders - installed new AS beta.

Lets hope this bug has not cropped up again.

Yes, unlimited visibility with EA off returned for me with this hotfix.  I applied the tweak that Beau Hollis posted on the LM forum prior to HF1 (which included the fix), and I got the haze back.

Edited by cshark172
  • Like 1

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

57 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Has the opposite effect for me, it's designed to ensure you get a full frame render and should provide for better timeframe delta consistency ... but if you are on the fps edge of sync to monitor Hz, then you might see stutters.  Overall Triple Buffer should provide a more fluid experience provided you have the FPS to spare (it does increase rendering workload).

Cheers, Rob.

After further tweaking I see your point but I still get better results without triple buffering.

I have to walk back the as smooth as MSFS comment a bit too. 😞

Well I'd edit that previous post if I could but I can't. So I'd be willing to say that in terms of performance this is the best version of Prepar3d yet that I've seen. But it is tricky to get it to behave i.e. get the best setting for one's own particular system. Installed from scratch so it will take a while to get the dust of the thousands of Dollar of addons I have. 😄😭

8 hours ago, simfan1983 said:

All the traffic types takes a bit of CPU resource, I keep them all at 10 - 15% because it helps for the immersion. It's not as CPU intensive as the autogen though in my experience.

Why can't all this traffic be offloaded to GPU - then maybe we can have all roads with tons of traffic and the sim world look even more alive....

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I can also confirm that it seems something has gone backwards with the horizon and EA off, There appears to be none again.

18 hours ago, Celador said:

It never stopped working, at least for me. Maybe you should delete it, re-download, install again. It was updated today to latest version.

agreed I just updated it through the software,  it updated envtext and envshade.  no issues. thanks 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

15 hours ago, FBW737 said:

I'd say that LM ought just do everyone a favour and just go ahead and remove the Triple Buffering check box altogether!

Since as far as I can tell it is the one and only cause of stuttering in the sim at least on my system.

I sit there with the live graphic window open and watch the silky smooth (MSFS silky smooth mind you) game play at 30hz with VSYNC on

and put a check in the Triple buffering box and watch it induce nasty random and often stutters. Remove the

check from the box and the stutter disappear like magic. Put the check back and the nasty little stutters return.

Just remove the stupid box from the GUI altogether! Or remove the text "Triple Buffing" and replace it with "Stutters".

Interesting. Neither VSync nor Triple buffering has the slightest effect on my system.

• Upvote 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

On 1/20/2022 at 11:10 AM, mpo910 said:

Uninstall client and content

Delete shaders

Delete p3d.cfg file

Install client

Install content

Fire up the sim without asp3d first time

Set your options like desired

Run default scenario

Close sim

Run orbx (only if you have updated scenery also)

Go to help and sync simulator (only if you have updated scenery also)

Finished

we may not see eye to eye on everything, but I just followed I these steps (only updated client) and worked fine.  many thanks  

14ppkc-6.png

I follow Marcus' same practice and sequence except one small addition .... I initiate a complete reboot of the PC after the P3D installation has finished and then proceed with the basic start up of P3D without many of the add-ons being loaded.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!