Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Nielsen

PMDG enters beta

With great anticipation.  Hopefully this will be the beginning of some premium high fidelity aircraft releases for MSFS

• Like 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Now I have to admit I was wrong, I thought it would take much longer for PMDG, since they - in contrary to Fenix - do not use external code. Maybe the SDK for MSFS is not as bad as I thought (except for the non-existing debugging, as Rob said once again).
Now if GSX would have some breakthrough moments we might have a great summer ahead (Asobo's SU's permitting...).

• Like 1

I would love to see the Q&A session from PMDG about the features new 737 will have. There is still a lot of uncertainty here. 

For example, do we know if 737 will have the Autosave function? It is one of the most important features imho

2 hours ago, Pochi said:

I do not know if it just me, but I am not blown away by the cockpit screenshots they showed us until now. Exterior is stunning though.

I guess will have to see it “moving” to judge better.

Pierre

Yes. It’s you. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Did they clear out pricing yet? Officially?

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

1 minute ago, Pastaiolo said:

Did they clear out pricing yet? Officially?

Not yet

• Like 1

i9-11900K (5.3 GHz), 64 GB RAM (DDR4 3600), RTX 3070, 1 TB (M.2 SSD). Windows 10 Pro. Installed Sims: MSFS 2020.

Looks like it may be an expensive few months coming up, what with the Fenix A320, and PMDG 737 possibly releasing within weeks of each other...and some of the others like the Maddog, Bae 146 (which are likely all making good progress now)

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

9 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Looks like it may be an expensive few months coming up, what with the Fenix A320, and PMDG 737 possibly releasing within weeks of each other...and some of the others like the Maddog, Bae 146 (which are likely all making good progress now)

Maybe the Quality Wings 787 too, this year. Quality Wing estimated a Q2, 2021 release for their 787. They obviously missed that deadline, but if all the issues for the MSFS SDK have been cleared for high fidelity airliners, then perhaps Quality Wings will make the release this year.

For the  Inibuilds A310, I would be shocked if they were able to release this year, so I am guessing 2023 is more realistic for them. 

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

3 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Maybe the Quality Wings 787 too, this year. Quality Wing estimated a Q2, 2021 release for their 787. They obviously missed that deadline, but if all the issues for the MSFS SDK have been cleared for high fidelity airliners, then perhaps Quality Wings will make the release this year.

For the  Inibuilds A310, I would be shocked if they were able to release this year, so I am guessing 2023 is more realistic for them. 

The Inbuilds A310 could be a lot earlier. If i recall correctly i think they stated Febuary is going to be a fantastic month on FSElite. So maybe a lot closer than we think.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Just now, Car147 said:

The Inbuilds A310 could be a lot earlier. If i recall correctly i think they stated Febuary is going to be a fantastic month on FSElite. So maybe a lot closer than we think.

Could be. I saw that message too that they posted on Discord. Inibuilds announced the A310 for MSFS late last year. Of course, they didn’t say how long they were working on it for MSFS so for all we know, they may have been working on it for MSFS long before they announced it. I guess we will see in the coming months.

• Like 1

"Verification of hundreds of hardware/equipment/functionality options".... What a daunting task that would be!!

• Like 1

I wonder what all the anti MSFS simmers will do to attack MSFS, who were claiming that it couldn't support study level airliners will do when all these study level aircraft appear one after another for a sustained period, saying its just a toy for kids. Well done PMDG for entering Beta. Exciting times ahead in the near future. 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

2 minutes ago, eaim1973 said:

I wonder what all the anti MSFS simmers will do to attack MSFS

Probably the same thing anti everything elsers MSFS would do?

One of the employees of PMDG just commented that on his particular setup, he was getting comparable FPS for the PMDG 737 to the FBW A320:

DC6 uses different cockpit that the 737 so can not be compared. On my case I have exactly the same FPS in the 737 as in the FBW airbus (Please Note this is what I see on my machine with the settings I use)

Edit: I just noticed @Kilo60 asked this question about the FPS earlier.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1