Sign in to follow this  
xender

A new 757 has been announced

The Phoenix Sim 757 was super fun despite not being that complex. The QW 757 had the best soundset imaginable... the roar of those Rolls Royce engines alone made it worth the price.

Bring on the medium quality 757's!

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

WOWW..

Allways was in love to fly with the 757's.

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

11 hours ago, Keirtt said:

Well, that didn't take long. This screams "Xbox market" when the dev starts making comments like this. 

spacer.png

I'm actually fine with that.

PMDGs 757 for those who want it 100% accurate, JustFlights 757 for those who want to save 20€ and are satisfied with 95% accuracy.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

LOL.  When it rains in pours (airliners).

Lets not lose sight of the fact this is not a flood of releases, rather a flood of announcements, this one for example giving a target release of maybe this time next year.

Lots of stuff on the horizon but I have to admit to not being a fan of this modern marketing technique of announcing stuf you might have for sale in a year or twos time, though it does seem to work by generating free advertising via user-generated hype and excitement (witness  the Otter)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Keirtt said:

Well, that didn't take long. This screams "Xbox market" when the dev starts making comments like this. 

Or alternatively it screams just broader market appeal generally and there's nothing wrong with this. The group that want super high fidelity are relatively small and developers are a business so clearly some have decided that 80% fidelity is good enough for most people, they can spend less time to get the product out, ship it at a lower price as a result and make more money. Maybe doesn't suit everyone here but for those that need high fidelity there's still PDMG, Maddog, Fenix, etc. so everyone can get what they want more or less.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Tektolnes said:

Or alternatively it screams just broader market appeal generally and there's nothing wrong with this. The group that want super high fidelity are relatively small and developers are a business so clearly some have decided that 80% fidelity is good enough for most people, they can spend less time to get the product out, ship it at a lower price as a result and make more money. Maybe doesn't suit everyone here but for those that need high fidelity there's still PDMG, Maddog, Fenix, etc. so everyone can get what they want more or less.

Mid-complexity planes might well be good for market for study sims as well - if someone picks this 757 up, learns to fly it and enjoys it there seems at least some chance they might then consider going on to a PMDG version that they would previously have thought was far too complex and not for them.

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 5

Just Flight had made great products for the sim so far with great support for those products and little drama.

I'd love to be able to buy an airliner that had a bit more content then the stock airliners and none of the lame Adobo bugs, for a reasonable price.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

5 hours ago, Matchstick said:

Mid-complexity planes might well be good for market for study sims as well - if someone picks this 757 up, learns to fly it and enjoys it there seems at least some chance they might then consider going on to a PMDG version that they would previously have thought was far too complex and not for them.

That's exactly what happened to me in my use case. Was pretty happy learning the basic concepts in the default Neo and didn't step into the FBW 320NX until there was nothing else to learn in the default stuff. I am assuming if the hype is real the Fenix may be another step up in complexity. So if the 757 is feature complete minus the circuit breaker and failure modes im probably still in to get it because one would hope cabin crew would not need to be messing with circuit breakers and dealing with failures on a routine duty day in modern aircraft (Im not a pilot so correct me if im wrong)

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

On 2/21/2022 at 12:39 AM, marsman2020 said:

Just Flight had made great products for the sim so far with great support for those products and little drama.

I'd love to be able to buy an airliner that had a bit more content then the stock airliners and none of the lame Adobo bugs, for a reasonable price.

Looks like you'll be in luck then... 🙂

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

On 2/20/2022 at 9:45 AM, Konterhalbe said:

I'm actually fine with that.

PMDGs 757 for those who want it 100% accurate, JustFlights 757 for those who want to save 20€ and are satisfied with 95% accuracy.

QW 75/ JF 75 freemium kind of deal. i always liked the simpler planes. being able to load in and setup a flight in 10 minutes in the qw is always fun

6 hours ago, Pathfinder633 said:

@Maxis A quick tip...Its not wise to call a pilot "Cabin Crew" (well, not to their face anyway)

If their egos cant deal with it that's their problem. Ive never had a pilot tell me its a problem and i have a few friends who are commercial pilots.

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

I am really beginning to get curious about the 'depth' of products like PMDG.  Yes, I have owned many in the past and did enjoy them.  However, a very close friend of mine (fly's for Alaska Airlines) and I had a discussion about this.  He is aware of the sims out there and actually provided input on one of them about 6 years ago.  His thought was and is, why don't they make a package that emulates what the pilot does on the aircraft every flight?  He was stating that having things like all the circuit breakers working is kind of a waste.  He has been a commercial airline pilot for 29 years and has had to shut down an engine only twice, and one of those was on the ground.  There are only a few items that come up periodically that require a special process in the cockpit yet we don't see that in the sims.

He has always reiterated to me that 99% of the time, they do not try to trouble shoot anything, it is simply left to maintenance, prior to takeoff or after landing.  This was a hard lesson for his airline.  The last time we spoke about this (a few months ago) he said it would be like seeing a low oxy level/flow on the mask units due to it being tested 5 times a day, once a week it seems he would have to have maint. replace/charge the bottle or a screen goes black about once a year... that type of thing - what a line pilot sees on a day to day basis.

Want to practice V1 cuts at rotate, perfect for PMDG.  Want to sim a day in the life of a line pilot? that would make a good sim plane.

• Upvote 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

6 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

29 years and has had to shut down an engine only twice, and one of those was on the ground

This why I am not into all this "failures" modeling. Known quite a few Commercial pilots and Air Force Generals. Most say they have never had a failure like engines, gear etc.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Maxis said:

If their egos cant deal with it that's their problem. Ive never had a pilot tell me its a problem and i have a few friends who are commercial pilots.

Lighten up fella, twas just a light hearted comment

Edited by Pathfinder633