Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Beechcraft Model 17 Staggerwing - Available now

54 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

So I bought it and kind of disappointed. During climb there is absolutely no need for right rudder because Carenado Beech is not affected by P factor or torque. Also there is no way to use autopilot via default binding keys. It's just not there. Sure beautiful texture and model, great for AI aircraft otherwise waste of money. 

Bummer.  I also saw that you cannot remove the spars in the cockpit like you could in their p3d versions.  I get why it's there but sometimes it's nice to hide that stuff

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Well, I bought it and took a flight from KBUR-KMRY.  Once at altitude, needed nothing but a tweak of the trim every now and then to keep her going. It was fun to fly and looks beautiful. I had occasion many years ago to take a ride in one and this one brings back positive memories.

I'd say it was $$ well spent - not perfect but well worth the money.

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

So I bought it and kind of disappointed. During climb there is absolutely no need for right rudder because Carenado Beech is not affected by P factor or torque. Also there is no way to use autopilot via default binding keys. It's just not there. Sure beautiful texture and model, great for AI aircraft otherwise waste of money. 

Was there a particular reason you were expecting there to be an AP in the aircraft ?

Most of this aircraft is beautiful - apart from the tail.  The whole aircraft looks sleek, but the tail looks out of place, like they had a spare something they glued on the back 🙂

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Well, that's an opinion, I guess.

Myself, I've been hoping this would become available in MSFS. For me, "beautiful texture and model" and "waste of money" just don't belong in the same sentence. Bought it, pootled about in it for an hour or so already, and love it. Looking forward to some more of the P3D version repaints being recreated for it too.

Looks and sounds great, and doesn't need any technical knowledge to fly it (P factor? is that because it doesn't have an on-board latrine?) - perfick!

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

The Alabeo Staggerwing left a bad taste in my mouth from FSX. It felt dull and lifeless in the air and the sounds were bleh. I remember just being completely turned off from flying it again. 

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Bummer.  I also saw that you cannot remove the spars in the cockpit like you could in their p3d versions.  I get why it's there but sometimes it's nice to hide that stuff

Hitting space bar puts them below your FOV,  but then you lose sight of the 6 pack.

Edited by Waldo Pepper

25 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Well, that's an opinion, I guess.

Myself, I've been hoping this would become available in MSFS. For me, "beautiful texture and model" and "waste of money" just don't belong in the same sentence. Bought it, pootled about in it for an hour or so already, and love it. Looking forward to some more of the P3D version repaints being recreated for it too.

Looks and sounds great, and doesn't need any technical knowledge to fly it (P factor? is that because it doesn't have an on-board latrine?) - perfick!

Reason why some 'Top', developers seem happy releasing 'sub par' products.

Robin

1 hour ago, Matchstick said:

Was there a particular reason you were expecting there to be an AP in the aircraft ?

I know I wasn't really expecting autopilot if they wanted to be true to the source. I was thankful to hear that she's very gentle in cruise and just needs steady but not intense attention to keep her trimmed. I don't mind learning how to fly VOR to VOR, there's something fun about that instead of just sitting around and letting AP do the job for you (nothing wrong with that either! I do it all the time).

Still,  these aircraft will start getting old real quick if Asobo doesn't start including manuals and opening CFG files so the community can refine aircraft themselves.   There's so much potential that needs to be tapped.   

Models don't really engage my long term attention span unless there's a bit of depth or complexity to the systems.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Curious if anyone else had checked the fuel consumption of the module in cruise against the PoH.

I had a quick check earlier and it seemed much higher than the book figure but I definitely can't rule out I hadn't get something wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Waldo Pepper said:

these aircraft will start getting old real quick if Asobo doesn't start including manuals and opening CFG files

Not 100% sure but I don't believe Carenado has ever bothered with manuals for their aircraft? I certainly don't remember ever getting manuals for anything of theirs that I bought for P3D or XP. Not a major issue for someone like me, a non-procedural flyer, but I guess an annoyance for the serious flyers - although in those cases I assume the official aircraft manufacturers' manuals would be online somewhere?

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

4 hours ago, Matchstick said:

Because of range. if one flying legs longer than two hours in MSFS it totally make sense. Also Carenado chose put digital engine analyzer to the cockpit. They could have retrofitted default autopilot and it wouldn't cost them a thing

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI