Sign in to follow this  
Alfrez

New GSX preview

I hoped for something more than just pushback but it's still something

• Like 23
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Alfrez said:

I hoped for something more than just pushback but it's still something

It seems people don't want to believe how much time is required to redo all objects/textures/animations from scratch.

Showing more services now, would only expose to nasty comments like "they ported objects from P3D" or "that's the same OMSI grandma!", so we won't show anything unless it's completely remade from scratch for MSFS.

And it takes way more time to do something properly, in the way people expects. This video shows something probably never seen before in any Microsoft flight sim: Cloth physic on the bypass pin, which is quite tricky and time consuming to do.

• Like 50
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, virtuali said:

It seems people don't want to believe how much time is required to redo all objects/textures/animations from scratch.

Showing more services now, would only expose to nasty comments like "they ported objects from P3D" or "that's the same OMSI grandma!", so we won't show anything unless it's completely remade from scratch for MSFS.

And it takes way more time to do something properly, in the way people expects. This video shows something probably never seen before in any Microsoft flight sim: Cloth physic on the bypass pin, which is quite tricky and time consuming to do.

I actually have no idea on the amount of time required, I just expressed what I was wishing for ahahah.
I still consider amazing the work done so far and can't wait to see what's coming next. 
Buon lavoro ragazzi

Edited by Alfrez

23 minutes ago, virtuali said:

This looks absolutely stunning! I never used GSX in past sims as I pretty much only used X-Plane so I'm super excited about finally being able to use GSX! Quick question: will there be a push back pre-planner like we see in BetterPushback for X-Plane and the freeware push back tool on Flightsim.to? It's one of those features that I just can't live without.

Former Child, Current Adult

29 minutes ago, virtuali said:

You guys made FSX/P3D flight experience so much better. Looking forward to the magic in MSFS. Will be a day 1 Purchase for sure. 

5 minutes ago, liamp51 said:

Quick question: will there be a push back pre-planner like we see in BetterPushback for X-Plane and the freeware push back tool on Flightsim.to? It's one of those features that I just can't live without.

GSX always had a pushback route editor, so it will have one in MSFS as well, with the ability to save multiple routes for each parking spots, name them, etc. But the whole point is that it works just fine even without having to program a route, because it's smart enough to figure out most of the common situations automatically.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, virtuali said:

GSX always had a pushback route editor, so it will have one in MSFS as well, with the ability to save multiple routes for each parking spots, name them, etc. But the whole point is that it works just fine even without having to program a route, because it's smart enough to figure out most of the common situations automatically.

Out of interest: Can there be .ini files like on P3D for payware scenery where parking spots, gate assignments, pushback routes, jetways etc. are saved?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Out of interest: Can there be .ini files like on P3D for payware scenery where parking spots, gate assignments, pushback routes, jetways etc. are saved?

Of course. The underlying GSX code is exactly the same, the challenge is to handle all differences in the simulators in our code.

So this is a question I've been wondering about -  and if development hasn't reached that point, I apologize in advance - but will the GSX De-icing tools from previous sims now remove ice/snow variables (I.E., ice weight and graphics) when used? Is the SDK complex enough to let you prevent ice build up for X amount of time depending on fluid used?

I'm probably way ahead of myself, but it was just something I was wondering. Excellent job as always, Umberto. The new physics are so cool.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

What I would love to see is the pushback walker plugged in to the A/C as the push takes place. It really is an immersion killer listening to a guys voice in the cockpit magically being able to talk! Not sure how hard that would be to do, but I'd hoped with the advances of MSFS that would be doable. Otherwise we will have to continue the nonsense of his voice appearing on interphone when he is nowhere near the aircraft and not connected to it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I had GSX under FSX/P3D and it was already excellent. Never disappointed  by this product. Now under MSFS it is only better. Good work has the FSDT.

Edited by guibru

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

53 minutes ago, virtuali said:

I actually noticed the way the label on that pin was flapping back and forth and was pretty amazed by it. I take it this is one thing that you can do in MSFS that would have never worked this well in P3D?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Looks like some good early progress. I commented on the youtube video comments about the things they'd got incorrect in the procedure, not as a criticism but just in case it helps them get it a bit more accurate. Some of that may be down to limitations in the sim's capabilities of course.

Wish our towbars were that clean lol. As a point of interest for people, two of the bolts you can see at the head of the towbar are 'shear pins', these are designed to break if the tug puts too much stress on the nose gear, they usually go with a right bang. If they break, you have to stop the push and have an engineer check the gear for damage and you have to find and retrieve all the bits. Funnily enough I was checking one of these the other day and found it was broken but had not been noticed; it was only held in by copper grease, the bottom half was completely gone, but from above it looked intact.

Edited by Chock
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here