Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Report Cessna 414AW Chancellor issues

5 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

Question.  I checked the PMS50 site and discovered there is a new version 2.1.24.  Whenever a new version was available when launching one of my Carenado aircraft the GTN would notify me there was an update available.  I wonder why this is not happening with the 414.

Saw a discussion on their discord today. For NEXRAD issues I believe. 
-B

On 4/1/2022 at 1:50 PM, Steve Dra said:

Typical response from a weatherman 🙂 

You should stick to building car radios (I hope everyone gets the reference) 😂  I bought a few of your brand back in my youth when that was important (Kenwood, Alpine, Blaupunk etc. (that is how I pronounced it, LOL))

Don't forget those speakers!  I am soooo famous in Aisa! But yeah, I shouldn't have sold the "company" ... 🙃

• Like 1

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Since I updated to version 2.1.24 of the PMS50 it's now working again in VAPP mode.  When selecting NAV it still shows VOR but won't track unless you then select APP on the G605 ap.  BUT, it's messed up in you can't be in VAPP mode and capture an altitude.  The altitude select doesn't seem to work.  If you go back to NAV or HDG and then select VS and start a climb or descent and arm the altitude alert and then switch back to NAV and then APP the altitude locks on the altitude you are at and cancels the altitude select.  This is really messed up.

Here's another example.  I'm at 10,000 feet on course to 112.5.   I want to change altitude to 12,000 feet.  Make the change in the altitude alerter and ARM.  Click on VS and the autopilot changes from VAPP to ROL and starts drifting.  Have to go to HDG and then VS, set the climb and leave it in HDG until I reach my altitude.

Edited by jfwharton

16 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

Since I updated to version 2.1.24 of the PMS50 it's now working again in VAPP mode.  When selecting NAV it still shows VOR but won't track unless you then select APP on the G605 ap.  BUT, it's messed up in you can't be in VAPP mode and capture an altitude.  The altitude select doesn't seem to work.  If you go back to NAV or HDG and then select VS and start a climb or descent and arm the altitude alert and then switch back to NAV and then APP the altitude locks on the altitude you are at and cancels the altitude select.  This is really messed up.

Here's another example.  I'm at 10,000 feet on course to 112.5.   I want to change altitude to 12,000 feet.  Make the change in the altitude alerter and ARM.  Click on VS and the autopilot changes from VAPP to ROL and starts drifting.  Have to go to HDG and then VS, set the climb and leave it in HDG until I reach my altitude.

Yep, you must be at the altitude you want to be before using APP. Then it works great.

Instead of fighting with it I'll just enter the VORs into the GTN and fly them in GPS mode.  I give up on this for now.

1 hour ago, jfwharton said:

Makes me wonder if the issue is how the PMS50 interacts with the G605 autopilot.  Either way, I would hope this is resolved before this aircraft is released.

The PMS GTN 750 VOR tracking issue has been fixed.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Sender46 said:

The centre of rotation of the HSI compass card is not accurately located, so that the tail of the needle does not indicate 180 degrees from the point of the needle in most positions.  The error ranges from 0 to 4 degrees depending on the card position:

Point reading: 0              Tail reading: 181

Point reading: 30            Tail reading: 213

Point reading: 60           Tail reading: 244

Point reading: 90           Tail reading: 274

Point reading: 120         Tail reading: 302

Point reading: 150         Tail reading: 330

It may be a parallax problem because the course needle is to high above the card.  FSW is looking into it.

Al

Edited by ark

28 minutes ago, ark said:

Al

That's great.  Well done guys!!

18 minutes ago, ark said:

It may be a parallax problem because the course needle is to high above the card.  FSW is looking into it.

Al

Thanks, Al.  Just for information, the Just Flight Arrow had the same errors and it got fixed OK.

Took the recent update out for a flight and wanted to test the high altitude performance.

At FL250 with 2450 rpm and 31inHG manifold and -34C the POH says I should be burning 198 pounds per hour total and flying 198 KTAS. I am burning 332 pounds per hour and flying at 250 KTAS.
spacer.pngspacer.png

On 3/27/2022 at 9:30 PM, jfwharton said:

I checked the pilot and copilot windows on my installation and I cannot open those windows when they are locked.   Also, I tried bringing up the tablet, then unlocking the pilot's window and could not open it with the tablet visible.  So I have no idea why it's working correctly on my installation but not on yours.

The side windows can be opened always if you use the scroll wheel of the mouse. Pulling with left mouse click works as it should be the scroller should also keep the windows locked if it's locked or EFB is in the way. 

Only in VR using HP Reverb G2 you can open the main door from internal view but once you switch to external view it shows open very briefly and is closed again but it's open as is in internal view. 

Also when you taxi with doors open they close and can never be opened again !

This is still the case in the latest version beta1.3.2_HOTFIX

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / X570 AORUS MASTER / 32GB RAM / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / HP Reverb G2 / Windows 11 / MSFS2020 Steam

3 hours ago, ark said:

Al

Yeah, I was initially opposed to spending money on this beta but even with the flaws I am silly to have not listened to fellow FlySimWare fans out there. I have paid the same for "released" planes (NextGen EMB, that's you! for 40 dollars) and had a terrible time, huge bugs, hardly any updates, difficulty getting answers and even a whole year with sub-par performance. With this, the original beta release was amazing from the start.

Thank you for fixing these issues so quickly. Even the small ones.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

7 hours ago, ark said:

Al

Is there any new update that fixed it? Don't know of any. 

2 hours ago, wrfly28 said:

Is there any new update that fixed it? Don't know of any. 

It's Sunday - Give them a break 🙂

Of course. This was a question to AI, who said it was fixed already not a quest for an instant fix. 

• Like 1