Sign in to follow this  
threexgreen

UK2000 goes USA - John Wayne Airport coming soon

This does look alright but unfortunately there is already a pretty decent freeware edition of this.

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Looks good! Especially the night lighting.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Some of you guys are so critical. I do not have MSFS installed, so I am not able to see this airport "up close and personal". However, I have watched the promotional video and looked at the screenshots, and it looks pretty decent quality to me. Yes, we would all love airports to be Flytampa quality, but then airports like that take two years or more to build. Gary can get multiple airports released in a single year, and if they are all at the level of quality that this one seems to be at, then I for one would be very happy indeed.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Some of you guys are so critical. I do not have MSFS installed, so I am not able to see this airport "up close and personal". However, I have watched the promotional video and looked at the screenshots, and it looks pretty decent quality to me. Yes, we would all love airports to be Flytampa quality, but then airports like that take two years or more to build. Gary can get multiple airports released in a single year, and if they are all at the level of quality that this one seems to be at, then I for one would be very happy indeed.

I think people are complaining that it looks not to be at the same level as his P3D offerings, not that it's not FlyTampa. People were expecting more I guess.

EDIT: By the way I am talking about his previous MSFS airports, like Luton. KSNA looks good, but a promotional video is a promotional video so we'll see.

Edited by Fiorentoni

20 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Some of you guys are so critical. I do not have MSFS installed...

The sim is very stable right now. You should try it. This is the last sim for me as now I'm in heaven. Tomorrow (WU) is another day. 😀

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

I think people are complaining that it looks not to be at the same level as his P3D offerings, not that it's not FlyTampa. People were expecting more I guess.
EDIT: By the way I am talking about his previous MSFS airports, like Luton. KSNA looks good, but a promotional video is a promotional video so we'll see.

In what way does this airport look inferior to his P3D airports? It looks better than them to me. Crisp, high resolution building textures? Interior modelling of the terminal? Lots of open hangars with internal detail? I wish that his P3D airports could match that. I could argue that the texture quality of some of the static aircraft and vehicles is not quite as good as other areas, but we can't have everything :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

20 hours ago, Millingp said:

Must admit I'd prefer they would concentrate on completing the redevelopment of their P3D/XP11 UK airports for MSFS - such as Belfast International; Belfast City; Prestwick; East Midlands to name but a few.  No other developer has covered these as yet - as far as I'm aware?

Belfast International is in development by Pyreegue Dev. Quality that I have seen to date is up to their usual very high standards. The war in Ukraine will understandably have had an impact on progress though.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

KSNA looks like it's on par quality wise with Flightbeam, FlyTampa, and FS DreamTeam to me.

I am very happy UK2000 is starting to make US airports!

• Like 2

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

In what way does this airport look inferior to his P3D airports? It looks better than them to me. Crisp, high resolution building textures? Interior modelling of the terminal? Lots of open hangars with internal detail? I wish that his P3D airports could match that. I could argue that the texture quality of some of the static aircraft and vehicles is not quite as good as other areas, but we can't have everything :wink:

I meant it has not the same difference in quality in regards to other devs as it had in P3D. On P3D theirs were of the better ones (above-average), in MSFS they seem rather average. You cannot compare MSFS and P3D themselves, since default airports in MSFS look better than many P3D payware airports...
Again I am just trying to summarize the view of other people, I haven't seen for myself yet.

4 hours ago, DJJose said:

This is the last sim for me as now I'm in heaven.

How's the internet up there?😇

2 hours ago, Donka said:

Belfast International is in development by Pyreegue Dev.

All my nagging pleading has worked then!🤗 I shall be waiting (im)patiently for that one.

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

I had no idea there was a KSNA freeware - thanks for bringing that one up, those that did! Frankly, for me KSNA is not a majorly important place to me, so the freeware might be sufficient. That said, having compared the screenshots, I think UK2000's rendition is much better than the freeware. I do think their airport sin MSFS have not ben as good as the competition, though I liked their stuff in P3D. I agree that the last years they were starting to get a little long in the tooth. But this KSNA looks very nice to me, definitely better than their British airports for MSFS thus far.

What surprised me was that LatinVFR didn't release their P3D KSNA for MSFS a long time ago already... Theirs was a nice rendition.

• Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

13 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

I had no idea there was a KSNA freeware - thanks for bringing that one up, those that did! Frankly, for me KSNA is not a majorly important place to me, so the freeware might be sufficient. That said, having compared the screenshots, I think UK2000's rendition is much better than the freeware. I do think their airport sin MSFS have not ben as good as the competition, though I liked their stuff in P3D. I agree that the last years they were starting to get a little long in the tooth. But this KSNA looks very nice to me, definitely better than their British airports for MSFS thus far.

What surprised me was that LatinVFR didn't release their P3D KSNA for MSFS a long time ago already... Theirs was a nice rendition.

Seems like LatinVFR are out of the airport business, well after they fast-converted their P3Dv5 airports. These days they rather release cars and stuff...

• Like 2

On 3/20/2022 at 12:09 PM, Mike S KPDX said:

Holy cow, I just researched a bit and had no idea that KSLC is a complete demolition and rebuild in real life and under construction.  So embarrassed.  I fully understand why neither the or the new has been looked at in this sim, makes total sense now.

Being part of the general contractor on the SLC airport, I think it would be a great scenery to do NOW!  With construction taking place on the main tunnel, the east delta concourse, and the north concourse starting its extension, talk about a cool scenery with a ton of construction cranes, etc.....update as new parts are open....if I knew a thing about designing scenery, I'd be all over it!

1 hour ago, Virtualpilot65 said:

Being part of the general contractor on the SLC airport, I think it would be a great scenery to do NOW!  With construction taking place on the main tunnel, the east delta concourse, and the north concourse starting its extension, talk about a cool scenery with a ton of construction cranes, etc.....update as new parts are open....if I knew a thing about designing scenery, I'd be all over it!

I’d agree someone just needs to do it now. Even can do the entire airport based on what’s already complete + the planned renderings. Already know what the buildings and materials look like. Could develop it waaaaay quicker than waiting for construction to finish

• Like 1

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

2 hours ago, Virtualpilot65 said:

Hey cool, being in building industry myself, I was looking at all the images online.  I noticed that the new tunnel between the concourses was really deep.  The sheet piles were quite high with quite a bit of col. footings.  Is this a two (even three) story substructure?  The what looked like cols footings were so numerous, I began to think it was some sort of sub slab drainage system.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K