Sign in to follow this  
Scimiter

DC Designs Concorde on sale.

It may look a little "plasticky" visually, but when I saw the other week that Sim Accoustics were doing the sounds I was more than excited for this bird!! Sound quality and accuracy is often overlooked by many developers (Leonardo 🧐), but between JustFlight's 146 and this Corcorde, my audiophillic tendancies will be more than satisfied 😂😂 Good on DC Designs for putting the effort into getting the sounds right for this amazing bird!! Love those Olympus 593's 🤤

• Like 3

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Granted it's not the most graphically spectacular cockpit I've ever seen in a flight sim, but it looks perfectly okay and usable to me. Having sat in the driving seat of the real thing, I thought it looked pretty good to be honest, reminded me of that experience.

• Like 7

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It would seem quite a lot of people are expecting FSL quality for not much more than the price of a Carenado GA for P3D. I think you’re being very demanding considering the price being asked.

All the instruments are perfectly readable. The instruments on the 32-bit P3D Concorde weren’t significantly better than this.

What should be of concern is the ISA Dev temperature. I only got a brief glimpse on the video above but if it really was -57 then no wonder the pilot was able to get up to its ceiling of FL600 with over 30T onboard. The weather in MSFS should be flagged if that temp can be confirmed by others. It’s way too cold for realistic Concorde operations.

Haven't seen any problems with temps since november, back then they were too high actually. I'd rather say it's a bug in the aircraft and it's actually the RAT?
Anyway keep the reviews coming, folks.

13 minutes ago, Chock said:

Granted it's not the most graphically spectacular cockpit I've ever seen in a flight sim, but it looks perfectly okay and usable to me. Having sat in the driving seat of the real thing, I thought it looked pretty good to be honest, reminded me of that experience.

Were those cockpits really that worn off like in this VC? Texture quality apart, I really don't like that used look. I'd immagine a 737 looking like that after 20 years, but not a Concorde that does not have nearly as many flights. Somehow feels not "noble" enough for the Concorde. Also: Were the cockpits that "colourless"?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Were those cockpits really that worn off like in this VC? Texture quality apart, I really don't like that used look. I'd immagine a 737 looking like that after 20 years, but not a Concorde that does not have nearly as many flights. Somehow feels not "noble" enough for the Concorde. Also: Were the cockpits that "colourless"?

If we go off by some of the photos you see on the internet - They look to be in fairly good shape - Again, this could be different between the other aircraft but yeah.

35126000986_540214c4b6_h.jpgConcorde Cockpit by Roman Brauner, on Flickr

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

36 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Haven't seen any problems with temps since november, back then they were too high actually. I'd rather say it's a bug in the aircraft and it's actually the RAT?
Anyway keep the reviews coming, folks.

This should be brought to the attention of the developer. Pretty important issue especially for Concorde.

34 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Here's a shot of the cockpit I took of the Concorde at Manchester. G-BOAC. One of the earlier ones. There is wear on the yoke and the glareshield but the instrument surrounds are pretty clean. The throttle quadrant (not shown) is quite heavily scuffed as you can imagine with lots of use.

G-BOAC.jpg

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Twenty6 said:

Don't think they'd be driving it with a 250 watt PSU if it (Xbox X) had more horses than many PCs. Other specs are lower too. You're comparing Black and Decker to Makita or Bosch. Adequate to get the job done, but not what I'm used to using.

The X-Box also has a lot more free memory than PCs since they're mostly just running the games. No other background programs you'd have on a windows machine.

They can be less powerful but run just as well because of that.

Edited by Tuskin38

It's not the resolution really, the panels sit on a 4K texture sheet. It's more the material I chose - Concorde was old and I liked the worn style of the material, for which I then darkened the AFCS panel slightly. Enough folks have said they don't like it for me to change it though, easy enough to do. As others have mentioned, Concorde was oddly "flat-looking" for such a busy cockpit and the colours are fairly dull, probably due to it being a product of 60's technology. You can even see the paint strokes on many surfaces and instrument bezels, something I tried to recreate for this Concorde product.

Concorde, like all my airplanes, will now be gradually refined to match what the majority customer base want as feedback comes in. However, anybody who says things like "it's FS9 / FSX quality" or other such gibberish just get ignored  🙂

• Like 18

7 minutes ago, DC1973 said:

It's not the resolution really, the panels sit on a 4K texture sheet. It's more the material I chose - Concorde was old and I liked the worn style of the material, for which I then darkened the AFCS panel slightly. Enough folks have said they don't like it for me to change it though, easy enough to do. As others have mentioned, Concorde was oddly "flat-looking" for such a busy cockpit and the colours are fairly dull, probably due to it being a product of 60's technology. You can even see the paint strokes on many surfaces and instrument bezels, something I tried to recreate for this Concorde product.

Concorde, like all my airplanes, will now be gradually refined to match what the majority customer base want as feedback comes in. However, anybody who says things like "it's FS9 / FSX quality" or other such gibberish just get ignored  🙂

Been watching a stream of it - I do have one question: Any chance of an option to remove the pilots from the cockpit? It seems they can interfere with views/custom views you setup, 

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

7 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

Been watching a stream of it - I do have one question: Any chance of an option to remove the pilots from the cockpit? It seems they can interfere with views/custom views you setup, 

Set their weight in the payload manager to 0 - they will duly vanish 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Reading the website it appears the INS which they hope to add at a future date requires gauges that XBox is not compatible with.

Excuse my ignorance but what are INS?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

2 minutes ago, Espana Pete said:

An early navigation system

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inertial_navigation_system

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 minutes ago, Espana Pete said:

Inertial Navigation system. Old school way to navigate. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

Clearly a lot of us watching this thread at once 😁

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU