Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

The most detailed livery that I have ever seen in any sim

What about performance? Does it have a (big) negative impact on performance?

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

8 minutes ago, hvw said:

What about performance? Does it have a (big) negative impact on performance?

Nope all good here. This is one of MSFS advantages, you can put as many details as you want and the performance impact is close to none.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I think this sums up MSFS 2020 in a nutshell:

outstanding freeware

easy install

very little impact on performance

• Like 13

52 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Nope all good here. This is one of MSFS advantages, you can put as many details as you want and the performance impact is close to none.

Thank you very much. There have been 8K liveries, though, that had a big impact on performance. Good to hear that this one is doing great.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Wow, that is incredible! Small gravels stuck in the tyres threads :-0 

Layman's question incoming...

If 8K and ultra details can be achieved with near zero impact on sim perf, why is it not offered by 3rd party payware? Manhours to produce maybe?   

Cheers,

2Low2Slow

• Like 1

Noticed this earlier, not had a chance to try it yet, but it does look incredible.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

40 minutes ago, TooLowTooSlow said:

Wow, that is incredible! Small gravels stuck in the tyres threads :-0 

Layman's question incoming...

If 8K and ultra details can be achieved with near zero impact on sim perf, why is it not offered by 3rd party payware? Manhours to produce maybe?   

Cheers,

2Low2Slow

I do not know exactly how the decals in MSFS work, but I do know that it requires a hell of a lot of manual labor. Otmar for Wing42 said he used many, many days to place the rivets on the B247. 

• Like 2

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

7 minutes ago, espent said:

Otmar for Wing42 said he used many, many days to place the rivets on the B247. 

Well we absolutely appreciate every second of his hard work!

• Like 1

Good to see the MSFS has encouraged folk to raise the bar. Brilliant work.

• Like 1

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

1 hour ago, TooLowTooSlow said:

Well I guess due to learning curve and of course, placing one big texture is easier than working with decals that are placed individually. 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

750 MB just for a single livery... 

A bit of an overkill, just for something you usually don't look for extended bits. 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

how much hype do we have to hear over the weekend ?  I need a break from all this marketing hype.

Just get the dam product out and u have our wallets.

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

4 minutes ago, Sunshine13 said:

how much hype do we have to hear over the weekend ?  I need a break from all this marketing hype.

Just get the dam product out and u have our wallets.

What on earth are you talking about ? Its freeware,including the aircraft

• Like 5

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.