Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

SU9 - sim cannot start flight

Ok, i have serious issue here after SU9, sim is not crashing or freezing but flight is not going to start even blue progress bar reached the end.

I have removed all content of Community folder plus deleted and disabled rolling cache.

Computer restart also done.

Any help please?

Artur 

I haven't seen that issue. I know you said you're not getting a CTD or freezing, but you could either just wait it out for 10 to 20 minutes, if the text at the bottom of the screen is still changing then that is a good indication that MSFS is still working. If the above doesn't work you could try this https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ctd-fix-info/471880

I left it for 30min - still nothing, and yes text is changing and sim is working...

Artur 

what aircraft were you trying to fly, there is an issue with wasm planes, they need to be compiled, can take a looong time.

If you were using the Google earth mod - that was your culprit.  Bad host(s) file after update = cannot connect to content servers = cannot load flight.   Will likely still occur after re-install, too.

Regards, Kendall

14 hours ago, Beardyman said:

Ok, i have serious issue here after SU9, sim is not crashing or freezing but flight is not going to start even blue progress bar reached the end.

I have removed all content of Community folder plus deleted and disabled rolling cache.

Computer restart also done.

Any help please?

After rebooting the problem is gone in my case.

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

in my case not, even worse is that i reinstalled whole sim and nothing has changed - sim is working but flight cannot start

Artur 

1 hour ago, irocx said:

If you were using the Google earth mod - that was your culprit.  Bad host(s) file after update = cannot connect to content servers = cannot load flight.   Will likely still occur after re-install, too.

8 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

in my case not, even worse is that i reinstalled whole sim and nothing has changed - sim is working but flight cannot start

If you have used the mod - check your host(s).  Known issue.

Edited by irocx

Regards, Kendall

1 hour ago, irocx said:

If you have used the mod - check your host(s).  Known issue.

Yes, i have used Google mod, but what do u mean'check your host' ? - what and where shall i check ?

• Like 1

Artur 

It almost surely is that host file, you just remove the bottom line from the host text file and then try booting up again. Save the old file somewhere before you change it.

C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

https://flightsim.to/file/19345/msfs-2020-google-map-replacement

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Wow, that Google mod has caused so many problems for so many people.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

MSFS will boot up if every line in the hosts text file begins with an #.  So you remove any line that does not (will be at the bottom of the file).

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
#      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
#    127.0.0.1       localhost
#    ::1             localhost

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I understand that i have to reinstall MSFS ( uninstalled today morning ), and then check the file described above, correct?

Artur