Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

April 27th Dev Q&A

1 hour ago, DMullert said:

This is the best news of all!!!!!!!!

I don't understand this. The 787 has already been modded? What's the big deal?

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

When they do the AN-225, they want to contribute the funds to the rebuilding of the real one, if they do.

Love this!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

21 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I don't understand this. The 787 has already been modded? What's the big deal?

This will allow for better modding, less guessing.

• Upvote 1

We knew about WU Italy for some time now. But I guessed it was next long before any announcement, just by hints in these Q&As. So now I predict next after Italy is Brazil, and looks like Korea after that.

I also predict the last major WU, at the back end of the line after just about every other one will be New Zealand. Some universal add-ons on fs.to work everywhere but NZ. There must be something tricky about that region of Earth that's difficult to deal with. Perhaps something to do with satellite paths for photogrammetry, I don't know.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I’m hoping someone picks up the baton and mods the Cirrus, once modding is allowed. That aircraft is the main reason I bought premium deluxe. An SR22T would be awesome. 

• Like 2

The encryption subject could do with some explanations. I will try to explain.

As even the premium aircraft are already alterable texture wise, and even editable in other ways, encryption by Asobo is mainly concerned with the CONFIGURATIION files, which are the subject of its inexplicable policy of encryption. These control the following among other things:

1. How the aircraft flies - flight_model.cfg

2. How engines perform - engine.cfg

3. How the lighting is placed plus electrical circuits, the wheel brakes and the base autopilot: systems.cfg

4. The detailed autopilot - ai.cfg

There is no plausible explanation as to why Asobo has encrypted these files as none of them contain particularly proprietry information. You cannot really copyright aircraft dimensions and nor can you plausibly copyright other facets of the config files which are either interpretations of how a given designer thinks the aircraft flies or other interpretations of how gauges should work (xml and other config files like the panel.cfg).

Moreover, Asobo/Microsoft encrypts ALL of the config files of third party addon aircraft in its marketplace whether the authors of those aircraft requested it or not. For example, if you buy addon aircraft direct from the developer, or through Simmarket, they are almost all UN-encrypted, but if they are placed on MSFS marketplace they are ALL encrypted. This makes absolutely no sense at all, and I do not believe MS encrypts for any reasons related to copyright. If that was the case then all the files like texture files and model files would also be encrypted. It just doesn't make sense.

For the above reason I personally never buy a marketplace aircraft (once I realised they were encrypted) and it is easier to buy direct from the developer or somewhere like Simmarket because doing so allows me to make minor or not so minor tweaks, particularly to the flight model so the aircraft flies better to my taste. You can also alter engine performance which might be a little out, or adapt the autopilot to fit better with Asobos regular updates, some of which in the past have radically altered or even ruined the autopilots.

None of these tweaks harm anyone. For private use they are clearly not breeching anyone's copyright and in most cases publishing edited config files in a package (as I did with the Turbo Bonanza and many others have done with "realism tweaks") is universally accepted as legitimate.

For that reason I have never understood why any of the above files were encrypted in the first place.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

10 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Work has resumed on this....

52034245291_1daf777160_b.jpgan2 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

spacer.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Does this mean that owners of the standard version will be able to use the premium edition aircraft (modded or not)?

35 minutes ago, lzamm said:

Does this mean that owners of the standard version will be able to use the premium edition aircraft (modded or not)?

They said nothing about it, but why would they do that?

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

54 minutes ago, lzamm said:

LOL, no you need to pay for the upgrade.

They really need to get that camera api out there so we can have chaseplane or XP/FSrealist for the best camera addons out there.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 2

Don't get me wrong (I've got the premium version) but if the files aren't encrypted - and in fact distributed in mods - what's stopping this?

It is only a few text files that will be available. The rest of the plane will still be under DRM.

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

I wanted to hear more about DLSS. At least they put up that huge list of requested issues which said DLSS is working great in the testing and is being finalized. Or something like that.

• Like 1

Post Deleted

Edited by Lord Farringdon

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

13 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

DLSS coming with SU10, and they're also working with AMD to bring in FSR.

So we are a few days for the beta, right?, maybe it is already implemented DLSS?, time to join to the beta again?