Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

PMDG 737 RELEASE NEXT WEEK!!

It took 20 minutes from purchase until I got the download link in my order history. Then it took 5 minutes to send me an activation code by email that it wants me to paste back into the web browser.  Now it just sits there and thinks about what to do for 10 minutes and times out. After the 10 minute timer runs out, the page does not return to normal (you cannot input anything while it waits), and I have to refresh the page. Then my download link from my order history is gone. 

Edited by Andreas Stangenes
  • Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

18 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

I never purchase something this anticipated right away. Usually wait at least 4 hours because stuff like that happens. 

lol i tried to do that. i had heard it was coming out at 1pm or something so i figured i would wait until after work to try to order it. i didn't actually check these threads unfortunately, i hopped onto their site and there it was! so i ordered it but it apparently turns out that was just a few minutes after release haha

took around 20 minutes for my license code to show up but seems like we are in business. woot!

edit: sounds like the authentication servers are also slammed i think i will go have dinner before i try installing haha

Edited by spesimen

They have stooped to a new low and it will not stop the criminals.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Guys, pmdg forum and facebook all posts about download link! First we F5 store page! Now we do the same for download link LOL Hype continues LOL

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Download link has been removed from my account. Time to contact Paypal.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I got email with download link which when clicked leads to order page without download link! LOL Catch 22!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Their website doesnt seem to have any big issues with the increased traffic, but their authentication server certainly has big issues. PMDG should have increased that capacity. Oh well, I hope they learn and increase its capacity quickly. I'll go to bed now, and have a flight after work tomorrow.

Also, Im not very fond of the releasing schedule of the 700 and 600 coming out first, and the the all-popular 800 in august. I think a lot of people wanted to wait for the 800 but then deemed it too long to wait, and got the 700 to keep them over. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/178071-09may22-pmdg-737-urgent-must-read-notams-last-updated-09may22-2135z

Captains,

We are seeing an unprecedented level of demand for our little 737 project. This was not unexpected, and was planned for.

To that end, we want to feed a bit of information to you that is important:

Oh No! The Servers!:
Nothing to fear here. PMDG's infrastructure is cloud based, SAS solutions that are running with highly scalable resource controls. We are talking to the data centers that run them, and they are reporting very high traffic numbers for PMDG, but not high traffic numbers for some of the major game sites they also handle.

I Haven't Gotten A Confirmation Email Yet:
This is one area we anticipate bottle necks, because sending email is a tedious process for computers. Like the rest of the system, this is also scalable and has significant resources behind it. In addition to the resources, it also has a cache-check-and-flush system so if an outbound email gets hung up without going out, it will get swept up and sent, usually within 30-60 minutes.

I Got My Confirmation Email, But I can't Get The Two-Factor-Authorization To Work:
We have a few customers reporting trouble getting through 2FA. We are investigating, but based on traffic metrics it seems that most are getting through just fine. The company that manages this technology is also investigating to see if more resources would help here.

I Didn't Get My Activation Key:
This is similar to the email item above. Give it 30-60 and it *should* get swept up out of the "Failed send" bin and be forwarded off to you.

We anticipate this high load lasting a bit longer and then things should calm back down.

I will keep this thread updated with a new time-date stamp at the title line.

Robert S. Randazzo fetch?filedataid=324&sigpic=1
PMDG Simulations
http://www.pmdg.com

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

People on the PMDG forums are having a meltdown. I knew this would be entertaining, just didn't think it'd be this good. This is what happens when you purchase a product like this exactly when it drops. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

...and now the server has crashed ffs!

spacer.png

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Please Try Again

This webpage is experiencing a large amount of traffic. Please try again later.

This is all I get...LOL....total server meltdown!

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Cloud based servers scale. But for them to scale properly whoever is running the infrastructure has to invest a LOT of money of them to not get overloaded durign peak moments like this.

There are only two ways to avoid this:

1) People stopping to try to flock to the newest thing as soon as it is out. (Not likely to happen)

2) Companies need to find out where their core market lies in the world and then release their product in such a way that it is released at 3 am in the morning for that core market. 😉

Edited by Farlis
  • Upvote 1