Sign in to follow this  
Fiorentoni

Fenix A320 Release imminent within DAYS!

THIS ONE FIRST THEN I'LL WAIT FOR THE PMDG 800max...!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Chris Camp

2 minutes ago, VBHB said:

Aerosoft will have their A330 out this year.

Their releases and subsequent update work does not impress.. But thats another topic for another time.

• Like 15
  • Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

So how in-depth is this aircraft I haven't followed it at all as I'm happy with FBW NEO. I don't care about failures etc.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

1 minute ago, steve 86 said:

just like london buses 

Smelly, too hot and on diversion? 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, VBHB said:

So how in-depth is this aircraft I haven't followed it at all as I'm happy with FBW NEO. I don't care about failures etc.

According to a lot of people (though none of those is entirely independent or neutral) this is gonna be the most in-depth aircraft in flight sims‘ history. I‘d be happy if it‘s FSL level, but I‘ll take on more obviously 🙂

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, 6297J said:

Smelly, too hot and on diversion? 

wait for 1 and 3 turns up 

Edited by steve 86

26 minutes ago, enright said:

I worry about the timing from a business perspective. Released on the same day as PMDG, he’d have a shot at drawing some buyers over. Releasing a few days later, he runs the risk of buyer fatigue - especially with the recent releases of the MD80, Bae, etc…

He might get more sales by waiting a month or two until he can take more of the spotlight and capitalize on the desire for something new.

Then again - who knows what else will be releasing in a month or two. I just hope all of these devs are able to sell as much as possible to keep the competition and variety going.

I think dropping that hint of release two days before the PMDG releases is a tough but smart marketing move. They will not release for at least a week or two (def after the hotfix of SU9, which has no date yet), but saying this he will certainly make some people think twice if they want so spend their money on the 737 700 (which most people don‘t want as much as the 800).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Maxis said:

For me this is a must buy as well as the PMDG.. Added to the FBW im pretty much done for the year unless someone releases A FBW systems level A330/A350 or 787-8 or 9.

Ya with the PMDG 737, Fenix A320, & FBW A320, the narrow-body high-fidelity jetliner space is more than satisfactory in MSFS currently... Add to that some excellent hi-fidelity choices like the Bae 146 or Maddog MD80 in the retro airliner space... and of course equally great offerings like the Milviz C310 and FSF C414 in the GA space and what a month and time for MSFS still to hit its 2-year mark since the release of the sim!

After this, what I'll be waiting for are the wide-body long haulers like the PMDG 777/747, FBW A380 and like you say one or more of an A330/A350/787 with a level of fidelity >= FBW quality.

Add to all this the coming support for helicopter and gliders, along with all the other planned core sim improvements + world/scenery enhancements, 2022 and beyond looking great for the MSFS ecosystem!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

40 minutes ago, Maxis said:

unless someone releases A FBW systems level A330

39 minutes ago, VBHB said:

Aerosoft will have their A330 out this year.

It'll fall out of the sky if your framerates drop below 18, but the copilot will sneeze every 5 minutes

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, VBHB said:

The difference is not just about an ability to simulate failures, it's more about simulating an entirely interactive combination of systems which can affect one another to give the thing its 'character', rather than just simulating a lot of buttons to press. Think of it like if you simulated your house, so the simulation could have a behaviour where if you were in the shower the water might suddenly go a bit hot or colder briefly because someone had turned the kitchen tap on. Nothing has actually 'failed', rather this is part of what makes your house and its plumbing system what it is.

If you remember some years ago, there were (several) watershed features which the Flight Sim Labs A320 combined when it first showed up which did that sort of thing, such as instead of simply faking effects in the sim with a shotgun approach to matters, it externally modeled the entire electrical wiring system and similarly, externally modeled the fuel system as an actual liquid in a bunch of tanks and pipes with pumps and so on. This made things behave more like the real thing; that is to say when you flipped a switch on the overhead and placed an electrical load on the system, it minutely affected everything else which is electrical, as is the case with the real thing and something you can see on the gauges. Or when you move the plane in flight, the fuel shifts position a bit and affects the aerodynamics etc. The Fenix A320 takes a similar approach to simulating stuff like this which the FSL A320 does, but goes into even more depth where this kind of modeling of what is under the skin is concerned, taking it 'to the next level' if you will. So whilst some people obsess with the fact that this will allow one to simulate various failures, and that's true, what it really affords is the ability to simulate how the thing behaves in real life, with little nuances which make the simulated aeroplane behave much more like the real thing in terms of character.

The truth is, if you just want to kick the tires and light the fires and are not in a position to compare the simulated aeroplane with a real one, then for most people, this doesn't really matter that much, but if for example, you fly the real thing, or are going to fly the real thing or work on it or whatever, and so want your simulated A320 to be as much like the real thing as possible, then having a simulation which does what the real thing does exactly, can be useful. Thus you actually might see the benefit of having a gauge in the cockpit which reacts super realistically and so reads a specific electrical load depending on whether certain other systems are on or off, rather than just having that gauge display a 'canned' voltage level that is approximately what it might typically display, but doesn't realistically fluctuate as the real thing would. 

So, what you will see on the Fenix A320, is things like automatic systems functioning as they would on the real thing. A trivial, but fun and visually realistic example of this would be the avionics vent flap on the forward fuselage of the A320. This thing opens and closes automatically to blow out heat from the avionics bay because it generates a lot of heat. so when you work on the things on the ramp, you get used to seeing that kind of stuff, especially when it is cold and you can stand near vents like that and warm your hands on them. If you want all that kind of super-duper systems realism on your simulated airliner, then that is what you'll be getting with the Fenix A320.

It's worth bearing in mind too that the FBW A320 NEO is not the same aeroplane as the Fenix A320 CEO. They are broadly similar, but there are quite a few operational differences and of course they both have completely different engines, different flight performance, different fuel economy and so on. The most obvious and easy to spot difference is the engines of course, but everything related to that affects the way the things operate, so even if FBW decided to really go for it and simulate all that background under the hood stuff too (which would be a lot of work to achieve), it would result still in different behaviours for the A320 NEO than the CEO exhibits.

• Like 22

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

51 minutes ago, VBHB said:

Just have a look at their "Feature Review" videos/writeups on the right hand side of https://fenixsim.com/blog/

Direct YT link to their videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErKk5ueiWf4bMOh8MGa1Vg/videos

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

they are waiting to see the pricing structure for the PMDG product, that is why the wait at this point.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K