Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

PMDG 737-700 has been released!

9 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

When I heard that PMDG was making a 737 for MSFS, I expected that it would be the most complex and complete aircraft I could ever fly. But after reading the manual I think now I was bigly mistaken.

Documentation is severely lacking.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, aero943 said:

Guys sorry if my question is answered before, verification code is verified but no file download!! Is it a server problem this morning again?

The server is probably still getting hammered. 

After your transaction is approved you will receive an email that says "your license code details." This shows the product you purchased and has a green "download" link. Click on the link and it takes you to a list of all your Orders on the PMDG server.

When you click on the order number for the 737, it opens a popup asking for a verification number. By now you should have another email with a number in it. Cut that out and paste and hit return and you will probable get a Server error. 

Don't leave that page, just keep updating it until the download starts.

36 minutes ago, Aristoteles said:

Still on the fence of buying either this or the BAE 146. How come they are equally priced? It looks like PMDgs product gets gleeful  laudation and the moment either a 373 or a a320 appear on the market everything else vanishes, back to the combo airliner times we´ve been living for 20 years, so, isn´t it a bit strange, that PMDG always erases competence even with products cheaper than their own? Is the BAe 146 less complex, les feature rich for the same price or is the hype of some altering the picture here?

Well, hard to say which to choose if you HAVE to choose only one. I have them both. I've flown the 146 maybe 15 times over several thousand NMs, and it keeps growing on me! The 737 I've only had time (yet) for a short 120NM hop in MSFS. However I felt right at home as in P3D where I have too many hours to count in it. Excellent FPS and flies very well. Great model and sounds.

As for the 146 it has in my opinion a huge advantage in the Simbrief integration. Don't think the 737 has that? I have also really come to appreciate the 'unplugged' feeling of flight. No fancy magenta surfing with auto throttle and stuff like that. You have to babysit the 146 in an entirely different way and I love that!

• Like 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

5 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Documentation is severely lacking.

It's all introductory material. I think the documentation for this aircraft is the actually Boeing handbooks.

I need some 737 refresher training.  I haven't flown one of these in 20 years (POSKY or something even older than that maybe, and that was only about ten percent as systems-intensive) so last night was a real experience for me.

My initial impressions are that it hand-flies pretty well.  It feels decently heavy.  I did not set up my tiller control yet, need to do that.  I did get the landing gear working with my HC Bravo.  My flaps lever mapping wasn't working, so I had to click in the VC instead (ugh) -- will need to investigate that one too.

I use MSFS "headphone simulation" option, and the sounds seemed to not be working all that well.  I may need to check the docs about that...it could be that PMDG have set this airplane up to not use that.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

5 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

It's all introductory material. I think the documentation for this aircraft is the actually Boeing handbooks.

It *used* to be, although they seem to have stopped shipping the Boeing handbooks with it.

Shame, but they either need to come to an agreement with Boeing to restart OR replace with their own version.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Just now, Swe_Richard said:

Well, hard to say which to choose if you HAVE to choose only one. I have them both. I've flown the 146 maybe 15 times over several thousand NMs, and it keeps growing on me! The 737 I've only had time (yet) for a short 120NM hop in MSFS. However I felt right at home as in P3D where I have too many hours to count in it. Excellent FPS and flies very well. Great model and sounds.

As for the 146 it has in my opinion a huge advantage in the Simbrief integration. Don't think the 737 has that? I have also really come to appreciate the 'unplugged' feeling of flight. No fancy magenta surfing with auto throttle and stuff like that. You have to babysit the 146 in an entirely different way and I love that!

Which performs better, the 737 or the Bae? Thanks in advance.

Iñigo Bildarratz

Just now, Aristoteles said:

Which performs better, the 737 or the Bae? Thanks in advance.

Oh, I am very impressed with the PMDG tbh. I think I would say 'about the same'. Both give me great FPS (5900x 32gb 3600mhz ram and 2080ti. Sim on nvme)

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

3 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

It *used* to be, although they seem to have stopped shipping the Boeing handbooks with it.

Shame, but they either need to come to an agreement with Boeing to restart OR replace with their own version.

G

TBH you can find FCOMS for pretty much any Boeing aircraft out there besides the 787 maybe?

I would rather PMDG spend time/money on their products that we use rather that on something we can go find for free on the internet somewhere.

Also Boeing might not allow PMDG to make their own even if they had wanted to. No idea of the specifics of the agreement but I am sure it was talked about and either they can't or dont want to hire a technical writer who understands

the 737 etc. to write one for them. Being a developer and a technical writer are two different things. You may be able to code but cant write a flowing manual to save your life etc.

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

In terms of FCOMs - This is what Rob said about it when the question was asked back in Feb 2022:

For a number of years we had a license which allowed us to include them. This changed back in 2015 and Boeing has become further and further controlling of information for reasons that I don't care to comment about.

It is unfortunate for the hobby of simming and occasional trial balloons to address this issue are swatted away with the usual warm and welcome tone normally set by corporate legal departments. 

The issue is far larger than PMDG, or simming.

A few have suggested we simply "write our own." This is also a violation of Boeing's intellectual property, so no- that cannot happen either. We create some excellent tutorials for users, and we refer you to those.

Occasionally someone will spill into this forum and post a copy of a flight manual that is available someplace on the internet in digital format that they found using google. We are required by our license agreement and the seriousness with which we take our obligation to protect Boeing's intellectual property to remove those posts from this forum, so please do not post them here.

Source: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/162138-manuals-for-the-upcoming-boeing-737#post162490

• Like 3

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

I finally was able to get my copy, can't wait to get home and give it a spin.

• Like 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Just now, Zangoose said:

In terms of FCOMs - This is what Rob said about it when the question was asked back in Feb 2022:

Source: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/162138-manuals-for-the-upcoming-boeing-737#post162490

Exactly what I was getting at! Thanks for finding a source!

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

I can't find how to change the winglets To new Split-Scimitar winglets.

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

37 minutes ago, Boomer said:

T:\MSFS\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\Config\Flightplans

Does not send the flight plans to my 737 FMC.

They go into your appdata folder

"AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work"

For Steam

Not sure where it is for MS Store.

Edited by Tuskin38

5 minutes ago, Alaska738 said:

I can't find how to change the winglets To new Split-Scimitar winglets.

I don't believe you can change this within the FMC on the "fly" - You may need to adjust the .CFG file for the repaint you are using and see if it can be done via there.

• Upvote 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29