Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Fenix and performance

3 hours ago, mac44 said:

assume you mean keep CPU affinity for MSFS and fenix unchanged (currently both are spread across the 8 cores?)

guessing it might be worth moving cpu and I/O priority to high for both apps also? (and keep HT unchanged - believe its currently on - but have no real need to disable in the bios)

Yes if no core stands out in particular there’s no particular reason to assign cores for either MSFS or Fenix / other apps.

Ive set CPU priority to high for MSFS and the Fenix apps. But I haven’t done any changes with I/O priority.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I sometimes really wonder why so many people seem to be having performance problems... I have a fairly new system, bought it in october last year, but because I didn't manage to win the lottery I wasn't able to buy the absolute top hardware and had to settle for a few steps lower. AMD Ryzen 5 5600X on a MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk, 32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3600C, Corsair RM650X, Samsung 980 1 TB, Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti. That kind of stuff. I see people here with better stuff moaning how bad things are... I only fly the Fenix and I have all MSFS settings to Ultra and even enabled the high res Fenix cockpit textures. It runs beautifully. Aweseome. Great. Smooth. The Fenix runs even better than the FBW on my PC.

There is ONE purchase that makes the difference imho... and that's the in comparison slightly more expensive monitor I bought a month or so after buying my new PC: the 1440p ViewSonic Elite XG270QG. It's an official G-Sync monitor and I honestly do think this is one of the best hardware purchases I've ever done. To me it is a game changer. Almost comparable to what I experienced back in the day when I bought the very first 3dfx card that became available in my home country at the end of 1996 (if I recall correctly).

I have done quite a few flights with the Fenix already (since PayPal became available), it is the only plane I fly, I didn't have ANY problems with it. MSFS + Fenix = dream come true. I am having the time of my life (when it comes to flight simming 😉 ).

• Like 6

4 hours ago, tup61 said:

I sometimes really wonder why so many people seem to be having performance problems... I have a fairly new system, bought it in october last year, but because I didn't manage to win the lottery I wasn't able to buy the absolute top hardware and had to settle for a few steps lower. AMD Ryzen 5 5600X on a MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk, 32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3600C, Corsair RM650X, Samsung 980 1 TB, Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti. That kind of stuff. I see people here with better stuff moaning how bad things are... I only fly the Fenix and I have all MSFS settings to Ultra and even enabled the high res Fenix cockpit textures. It runs beautifully. Aweseome. Great. Smooth. The Fenix runs even better than the FBW on my PC.

There is ONE purchase that makes the difference imho... and that's the in comparison slightly more expensive monitor I bought a month or so after buying my new PC: the 1440p ViewSonic Elite XG270QG. It's an official G-Sync monitor and I honestly do think this is one of the best hardware purchases I've ever done. To me it is a game changer. Almost comparable to what I experienced back in the day when I bought the very first 3dfx card that became available in my home country at the end of 1996 (if I recall correctly).

I have done quite a few flights with the Fenix already (since PayPal became available), it is the only plane I fly, I didn't have ANY problems with it. MSFS + Fenix = dream come true. I am having the time of my life (when it comes to flight simming 😉 ).

simply put, there's an element of personal variation/tolerance of performance that differs from individual to individual. if i were to sit down and fly the sim from your PC, i might (MIGHT... don't get bent out of shape 😉 ) find it an unenjoyable experience, while obviously the very same experience is, to you, more than acceptable enough.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Hello everyone! 

I'm about to buy Fenix A320, but I'm afraid my pc won't be able to run at a solid 25-30 fps. Pc specs: Intel i5- 10300H Quad core, GTX 1650 max Q design (4 vram) and 16 RAM. Please tell me 🙂

Thanks

Hi 

Will I be able to run the fenix a320 smoothly with following specs

Cpu- INTEL i7-13700HX

Ram-16 gb( DDR5)

Gpu- Nvidia rtx 4060 8gb

2 hours ago, KHAN2812 said:

Hi 

Will I be able to run the fenix a320 smoothly with following specs

Cpu- INTEL i7-13700HX

Ram-16 gb( DDR5)

Gpu- Nvidia rtx 4060 8gb

Yes, 100%. Just make sure you use 4k textures though, and not the 8k default.

Edited by Makinen11

1 hour ago, Makinen11 said:

Yes, 100%. Just make sure you use 4k textures though, and not the 8k default.

Any ideas how much fps will i get?

18 minutes ago, KHAN2812 said:

no, depends on all other settings. 

54 minutes ago, KHAN2812 said:

See my original post. It's still roughly valid today.

So expect roughly 10-15 % less FPS than with the default C172.

31 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

See my original post. It's still roughly valid today.

So expect roughly 10-15 % less FPS than with the default C172.

Sorry i did not quite understand that. With the following specs will I be able to run the fenix smoothly

Cpu- INTEL i7-13700HX

Ram-16 gb( DDR5)

Gpu- Nvidia rtx 4060 8gb

Also How much fps will I be able to get?

1 hour ago, KHAN2812 said:

Sorry i did not quite understand that. With the following specs will I be able to run the fenix smoothly

Cpu- INTEL i7-13700HX

Ram-16 gb( DDR5)

Gpu- Nvidia rtx 4060 8gb

Also How much fps will I be able to get?

It all depends on your settings.

If you can run a default aircraft smoothly you will also be able to run the Fenix smoothly - maybe with the settings (above all the terrain LOD) reduced a litte.

For example if you get 60 FPS with a default aircraft and a Terrain LOD setting of 200 you have the choice to

1. run the Fenix at 50 FPS with the same Terrain LOD setting of 200 or

2. run the Fenix at the same 60 FPS with a reduced TLOD setting of 100.

All just rough estimates of ocurse. But all in all you souldn't worry about the performance of the Fenix.

20 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

It all depends on your settings.

If you can run a default aircraft smoothly you will also be able to run the Fenix smoothly - maybe with the settings (above all the terrain LOD) reduced a litte.

For example if you get 60 FPS with a default aircraft and a Terrain LOD setting of 200 you have the choice to

1. run the Fenix at 50 FPS with the same Terrain LOD setting of 200 or

2. run the Fenix at the same 60 FPS with a reduced TLOD setting of 100.

All just rough estimates of ocurse. But all in all you souldn't worry about the performance of the Fenix.

actually i havent downloaded mfs 2020 yet but just wanted to confirm before buying the fenix

On 6/11/2022 at 11:07 AM, tup61 said:

and even enabled the high res Fenix cockpit textures.

What do you mean? In the latest Fenix version I can't see any options for hi res textures. Or do you mean some third party mod?