Sign in to follow this  
JYW

Anyone else finding the Fenix unusable as of today?

Was flying the Fenix just fine yesterday.

As of today, the EFB is completely unusable.   It stays of the loading page forever and never gives me the login numerical display.

I've tried multiple resets and restarts of the Fenix app, and relaunches of MSFS with no luck. 

Here's a screen pic - this is 10 minutes after loading, the charging cable is still in, aircraft has power and yet this screen remains. I've tried clicking the power button and other areas of the tablet but just stay like this forever.

#NoEFB

Was wondering if this was a server/authentication issue at the Fenix end?

spacer.png

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I have no issues. On my third leg for the day. Performing perfectly fine. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Ya I cannot get it to lid on my iPad had this problem last night. 

also found out you cannot use time compression with the Fenix. That’s a big problem for a guy with 2 toddlers. 

• Like 4

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

If you do see issues, please run the Fenix App and reauthenticate- it's all done seamlessly- just start it.

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Upvote 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

What is the point of opening a thread like this here? Go to their support and tell them about the problem not us. 😉

I had that problem with the EFB once Clicked the "Restart" button in the Fenix app, problem solved.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Ya I cannot get it to lid on my iPad had this problem last night. 

also found out you cannot use time compression with the Fenix. That’s a big problem for a guy with 2 toddlers. 

Not being able to use time ompression IS indeed a big problem! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

If you do see issues, please run the Fenix App and reauthenticate- it's all done seamlessly- just start it.

Cheers, but as per my OP, I've done that multiple times, along with several full sim restarts.  I've sent off a support request to Fenix, but just wondering if anyone else is seeing this.  It seems so odd that it was working yesterday and with no sim changes, other addons etc, the EFB is now just completely non-functional at my end.

• Like 2

Bill

7 minutes ago, Farlis said:

What is the point of opening a thread like this here? Go to their support and tell them about the problem not us. 😉

I had that problem with the EFB once Clicked the "Restart" button in the Fenix app, problem solved.

Because I wanted to see if any other users had seen the problem - given that it seems external server related.

As per my OP, I have clicked restart in the app multiple times, along with full app restart and full sim restart.

You could always have ignored the thread and moved along with your day......

Edited by JYW
  • Like 14
  • Upvote 2

Bill

41 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

What's up with that? DRM feature?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I can't get the Simbrief FP to load into the FMC and I have been at this for almost 3 hours

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I'm starting to be glad I did not buy this yet. I will, but I'll wait until most issues are resolved.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, JYW said:

Was flying the Fenix just fine yesterday.

As of today, the EFB is completely unusable.   It stays of the loading page forever and never gives me the login numerical display.

I've tried multiple resets and restarts of the Fenix app, and relaunches of MSFS with no luck. 

Here's a screen pic - this is 10 minutes after loading, the charging cable is still in, aircraft has power and yet this screen remains. I've tried clicking the power button and other areas of the tablet but just stay like this forever.

#NoEFB

Was wondering if this was a server/authentication issue at the Fenix end?

spacer.png

Interesting, as I've just purchased the A320, but can't get the EFB to do anything - it's displaying exactly as per your screenshot. I've never had it working, so assumed it was something my end, perhaps not. Btw, have tried restarting the app, running both the app and fs as Administrator, but nothing seems to be working... 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I'm starting to be glad I did not buy this yet. I will, but I'll wait until most issues are resolved.

You’re missing out Jose- superb!

• Like 4

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

29 minutes ago, DJJose said:

What's up with that? DRM feature?

No- exe.xml so it can run outside MSFS

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper