Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Qualitywings 787, where are you?

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

Sorry that you think that way, but I'm all for discussing events that haven't happened yet, if there is evidence for it.

I discussed that iniBuilds seemed to be going all in on MSFS and made a thread for that. Then we find out iniBuilds had signed a partnership with MSFS, and Microsoft likely paid for their A310 to be free in MSFS.

I discussed that FSLabs would probably bring their Concorde to MSFS.  FSLabs then announced they are bringing their Concorde to MSFS.

Now I am enquiring about why Quality Wings is so quiet and missed their release deadline by over a year. Also, please don't assume I want them to go bankrupt or anything like that.  It's the exact opposite. I hope Quality Wings releases their 787 for MSFS, and their 787 for MSFS is a huge success.  But it's very odd that they have missed their release date by over a year - hence the enquiring to see what is going on with them.

Not looking to go tit for tat with you, nothing personal but this can go on for pages because you don't deal well with being challenged and I am a devils advocate that will go on for days LOL.   Are you implying because you started the discussion it came to fruition or just you have some 6th sense of predicting the future?  Can I get lottery numbers?  

You aren't enquiring, you are starting rumors then expanding on that rumor by responding to more posts with your own rumor as the common denominator. 

Nothing is odd about them missing a release date, it's actually VERY common in flightsim and because the developer doesn't come screaming about it to Avsim or even on their own forums doesn't equate to financial issues or now bankruptcy as you just mentioned. 

Certain developers are just not communicators and those that are tend to get ripped new bumholes here anyway LOL.  If I were to assume every developer who missed a release date on a moving target with MSFS and it's updates is in financial dire I would assume just about every developer is in financial dire.

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

23 minutes ago, psolk said:

Not looking to go tit for tat with you, nothing personal but this can go on for pages because you don't deal well with being challenged and I am a devils advocate that will go on for days LOL.   Are you implying because you started the discussion it came to fruition or just you have some 6th sense of predicting the future?  Can I get lottery numbers?  

You aren't enquiring, you are starting rumors then expanding on that rumor by responding to more posts with your own rumor as the common denominator. 

Nothing is odd about them missing a release date, it's actually VERY common in flightsim and because the developer doesn't come screaming about it to Avsim or even on their own forums doesn't equate to financial issues or now bankruptcy as you just mentioned. 

Certain developers are just not communicators and those that are tend to get ripped new bumholes here anyway LOL.  If I were to assume every developer who missed a release date on a moving target with MSFS and it's updates is in financial dire I would assume just about every developer is in financial dire.

Yes, developers miss release dates all the time.  But they still usually provide updates on the progress of their project, once in a while.  And by "once in a while," I mean at least once a year.  Not providing a substantial update for an entire year on the progress of their product, even in text, is not normal, especially after they missed the deadline by a whole year and counting.

And again, let me repeat, I said I hope Quality Wings are very successful in MSFS, that their 787 sells very well (I may be a customer of their 787 for MSFS too, if the price is right and the quality is very good). 

Also, it seems you have different standards for companies in the home market flight simulator industry.  But I can assure you, if the same thing happened with a public company on the stock market, that they missed their target release date by more than one year for their biggest product, and they went radio silent on all progress updates for the last year after missing their target release date by one year, the stock market would not be very kind to this company and there would be short sellers lined up for ages, to short such a company.

I am giving Quality Wings the benefit of doubt, as you say so.  Maybe they are in a very good financial situation, just as you seem to want to imply. But for any other company in any other industry, concerns would be raised at this point.

PS. And yes, I am concerned about them, because I am actually looking forward to their 787 for MSFS.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

14 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Yes, developers miss release dates all the time.  But they still usually provide updates on the progress of their project, once in a while.  And by "once in a while," I mean at least once a year.  Not providing a substantial update for an entire year on the progress of their product, even in text, is not normal, especially after they missed the deadline by a whole year and counting.

And again, let me repeat, I said I hope Quality Wings are very successful in MSFS, that their 787 sells very well (I may be a customer of their 787 for MSFS too, if the price is right and the quality is very good). 

Also, it seems you have different standards for companies in the home market flight simulator industry.  But I can assure you, if the same thing happened with a public company on the stock market, that they missed their target release date by more than one year for their biggest product, and they went radio silent on all progress updates for the last year after missing their target release date by one year, the stock market would not be very kind to this company and there would be short sellers lined up for ages, to short such a company.

I am giving Quality Wings the benefit of doubt, as you say so.  Maybe they are in a very good financial situation, just as you seem to want to imply. But for any other company in any other industry, concerns would be raised at this point.

PS. And yes, I am concerned about them, because I am actually looking forward to their 787 for MSFS.

This isn't the stock market, they aren't a public company and they don't owe shareholders anything.  Don't assure me what would happen to a public company in the stock market because it's irrelevant.  

For those of us who have been around flightsimming for 20+ years this is a non event.  Happens all the time in flightsim a developer goes quiet and speculating as to "why" they are quiet is just that.  Nothing more than random speculation.  It's ok to wonder why a developer is quiet or where they have been it's when you start inserting your own reasons for it that it crosses from wondering to spreading rumors very quickly...  As I said, not going to go tit for tat as I have come to realize if I don't walk away from certain avsim interactions they will snowball and go on until the entire discussion has been ruined for everyone else so have a great day!!  No further comment from me.  

Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

My guess is that they all went to Bora Bora to work in peace and quiet with no interruptions. And lots of umbrella drinks.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

1 minute ago, psolk said:

This isn't the stock market, they aren't a public company and they don't owe shareholders anything.  Don't assure me what would happen to a public company in the stock market because it's irrelevant.  

For those of us who have been around flightsimming for 20+ years this is a non event.  Happens all the time in flightsim a developer goes quiet and speculating as to "why" they are quiet is just that.  Nothing more than random speculation.  It's ok to wonder why a developer is quiet or where they have been it's when you start inserting your own reasons for it that it rubs a nerve... 

Alright, I can give them the benefit of doubt - for now.  I do hope they come out with their 787 for MSFS in the end.  At the right price, and if the quality is good, like I said, I would consider buying it.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

My guess is that they all went to Bora Bora to work in peace and quiet with no interruptions. And lots of umbrella drinks.

Or they are tying their virtual 787 deliveries to Boeing's which is why they haven't delivered anything...  Ouch, sorry Boeing but the truth hurts LOL... 

• Like 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

QW 787: seems to be dead. 

I won't worry about this, and continue to enjoy the default 787 with the Heavy Division mod (with working simbrief integration)

Edited by Ricardo41

18 hours ago, suncoastflyer said:

Hopefully PMDG can do the 787 after they catch up their catalogue.

Still hoping QW updates the community with there intent. BUT if they do indeed abandon the project this would make a lot of since for PMDG to pickup, or even iFly after they finish there MAX project. 

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

4 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

QW 787: seems to be dead. 

I won't worry about this, and continue to enjoy the default 787 with the Heavy Division mod (with working simbrief integration)

The premise of the QW 787 was one of the deciding factors for me getting the Deluxe version instead of Premium. $30 for a default 78 and a few airports I'd get the payware versions of anyway didn't seem worth it. Hopefully with SU10, Heavy Division can go all FBW and give us a great rendition. 

On 5/23/2022 at 8:34 PM, Ricardo41 said:

Have you tried the fantastic Heavy Division mod with the default 787?

I wouldn't even call it "fantastic". Not with the inaccurate modelling (chunky, tree-trunck wing roots, im looking at you). Not with the inaccurate wing flex and movements. Not with the limited FMC. Not with the overall, poor standards that even HD could not fix. Each to their own but I can only fly the Fenix, PMDG and InniBuilds. The rest are pure dumpster juice.

2 hours ago, CPT said:

I wouldn't even call it "fantastic". Not with the inaccurate modelling (chunky, tree-trunck wing roots, im looking at you). Not with the inaccurate wing flex and movements. Not with the limited FMC. Not with the overall, poor standards that even HD could not fix. Each to their own but I can only fly the Fenix, PMDG and InniBuilds. The rest are pure dumpster juice.

Lol --> did ya hear about that little thing called AAU2?

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 1

Been holding off replying to this in hopes that someone from the QW dev team would reply.....but looks like no joy.

I am not part of the dev team but I am/was on their beta team since close to day 1...and I have been trying to contact either Ernie or Corey direct but no joy there either, so as with others I can only guess what QW's status is. If I do hear anything direct from them I will pass it on if they don't.

What I do know is this......the 787 is a beast! It is way more complicated than any project on the market, and I voiced that concern to them when they decided it was to be their first project for 2020. I was heavily involved in the testing for FSX and I tried to convince them to go with a simpler plane for an initial release...specifically the 757, but unfortunately no one listened to me, so here we are.

If the 787 ever does get completed by QW it will blow everything else out of the water, and that includes the other 'premium' developers, I can't begin to tell you the depth of detail involved!

Again, if I hear anything I will post, meantime just keep hoping!

• Like 1

Jay

24 minutes ago, PIC007 said:

It is way more complicated than any project on the market

Interestingly the guys from WT say it's one of the easier airplanes and easier than developing the G5000... but I doubt that, unless you consider autoflight functions only.

3 hours ago, CPT said:

You’ve resurrected a year old thread to take a pop at a group of unpaid modders attempting to do something for the community at large?

And this is your first post?

Class….🙄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

QW Update:

Finally talked to Ernie....no details but QW is alive but in a holding pattern while a possible restructuring is being considered.

Nothing else at this  point.

• Like 2

Jay