Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Qualitywings 787, where are you?

They probably looked at what Fenix delivered for $59 and went back to the drawing board. Or quit, who knows. 

22 minutes ago, TurboKen said:

As someone who really enjoyed the QW787 I really hope they are working on the 787 for MSFS.

To be honest I would also really like to see an update to the P3D version. Maybe an HD update with better visuals inside and out for P3D v5. Even if it was a paid option.

Hopefully someone from the team posts an update soon as I was expecting to see it released by the end of the year... Now who knows...

What's weird is a few moths ago they solicited feedback for wish list items for P3D so at one point it looked like they were still considering both platforms but haven't heard a peep about either... 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

26 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

They probably looked at what Fenix delivered for $59 and went back to the drawing board. Or quit, who knows. 

Or PMDG....  never would have thought one could get a PMDG 737-600 for 35 USD...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Hopefully WT can give default 787 to some level of detail.

I think at this stage it's up to Heavy Division to keep improving on the 787. Let's hope their progress will meet fewer obstacles as MS/Asobo have lifted the encryption on premium deluxe aircraft. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

QW is a thing of the past, unfortunately. Their 787 was awesome in P3D!

• Like 1

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

31 minutes ago, suncoastflyer said:

Hopefully PMDG can do the 787 after they catch up their catalogue.

I've been hoping for this for years. I just don't think it'll ever happen. PMDG is quite comfortable just re-releasing 737's, 747's and 777's again and again to ever go back to the drawing board and actually start innovating again. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bdub22 said:

I've been hoping for this for years. I just don't think it'll ever happen. PMDG is quite comfortable just re-releasing 737's, 747's and 777's again and again to ever go back to the drawing board and actually start innovating again. 

Makes sense though.  A new airliner from scratch in MSFS?  Two year minimum dev time.  With their track record I'm thinking more like 4 hehe.

They did tease a 757 plastic model in one of their videos last year.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

With their track record I'm thinking more like 4

Great! Everyone can enjoy three 3 different aircraft with all their variants and I'm sure everyone would welcome a PMDG 787 in 4 years. After all, MS said that MSFS was a 10 year project which, after all its success, will likely go on longer than that. Im not saying it would be easy, but it would be nice to see PMDG finally make something new and innovate again. Think: NGX. But - modern days. 

5 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

Great! Everyone can enjoy three 3 different aircraft with all their variants and I'm sure everyone would welcome a PMDG 787 in 4 years. After all, MS said that MSFS was a 10 year project which, after all its success, will likely go on longer than that. Im not saying it would be easy, but it would be nice to see PMDG finally make something new and innovate again. Think: NGX. But - modern days. 

Except the NGX wasn't innovative by your logic, PMDG did in fact do a 737 for FS2004, same could be said for their 747. If innovation is constantly doing new/different aircraft then neither line can be considered innovative. Not that I think that logic's sound mind you, there's far more behind whether something is or isn't innovative then whether or not the developer made the aircraft type before.

Edited by Jnin

11 hours ago, psolk said:

What's weird is a few moths ago they solicited feedback for wish list items for P3D so at one point it looked like they were still considering both platforms but haven't heard a peep about either... 

That's very weird of them to ask for that, since P3D sales have fallen off the cliff for so many 3rd party devs.  There isn't really much money to make from P3D anymore.

If Quality Wings is in financial trouble, the best way to stay afloat would be completing their 787 for MSFS.  They would get a huge injection of cash from that.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

3 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

That's very weird of them to ask for that, since P3D sales have fallen off the cliff for so many 3rd party devs.  There isn't really much money to make from P3D anymore.

If Quality Wings is in financial trouble, the best way to stay afloat would be completing their 787 for MSFS.  They would get a huge injection of cash from that.

They were asking about enhancements they could make to the current P3D offering, sort of a wish list of additions.   It was separate to the MSFS offering but regardless showed activity from the team.

The only one saying Qualitywings is in financial trouble is you BTW.  You just randomly speculated and assumed that's the reason they are quiet, now you are repeating again in the post above.  

You are making huge assumptions then repeating them like they are true with no background or data behind your statement.  

Do you have insight to QW balance sheets? 

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

25 minutes ago, psolk said:

They were asking about enhancements they could make to the current P3D offering, sort of a wish list of additions.   It was separate to the MSFS offering but regardless showed activity from the team.

The only one saying Qualitywings is in financial trouble is you BTW.  You just randomly speculated and assumed that's the reason they are quiet, now you are repeating again in the post above.  

You are making huge assumptions then repeating them like they are true with no background or data behind your statement.  

Do you have insight to QW balance sheets? 

Yes, I am bringing it up for discussion. Given that some of their staffing members are no longer posting in their forum, given that they missed their estimate of releasing their 787 by Q2 of 2021 (not Q2 of 2022, that's Q2 of 2021), and given that they have gone radio silent, it's a valid discussion point.  Mind you, missing their estimated release date by over an entire year (and counting), can be a sign that they lost developers over that time.

Nowhere did I say they were true (notice in my comment above when I mentioned if they were in financial trouble, I was careful to use the word "if").  They are valid points for discussion, are they not?  We're here to discuss, these are forums for discussing, I think it's very valid to discuss their current state.

Now if people with access in their forum say otherwise, and there is evidence to refute this in their forums, I would be interested to read it.

Edited by abrams_tank

5 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Yes, I am bringing it up for discussion. Given that some of their staffing members are no longer posting in their forum, given that they missed their estimate of releasing their 787 by Q2 of 2021 (not Q2 of 2022, that's Q2 of 2021), and given that they have gone radio silent, it's a valid discussion point.  Mind you, missing their estimated release date by an entire year (and counting), can be a sign that they lost developers over that time.

Nowhere did I say they were true.  They are valid points for discussion, are they not?  We're here to discuss, these are forums for discussing, I think it's very valid to discuss their current state.

Current state is they're quiet.  Anything beyond that it is rampant speculation.  

Covid has not gone away, you don't know where people are located with what is transpiring in the world, Russia, Belarus etc, you have no idea what is happening with people from a family perspective, the fact is no one knows.  

I strongly dislike and disagree with assumptions and comments that are made without any fact and then snowball as though it is fact by being repeated without confirmation. 

Edited by psolk
changed their to they're

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

7 minutes ago, psolk said:

Current state is they're quiet.  Anything beyond that it is rampant speculation.  

Covid has not gone away, you don't know where people are located with what is transpiring in the world, Russia, Belarus etc, you have no idea what is happening with people from a family perspective, the fact is no one knows.  

I strongly dislike and disagree with assumptions and comments that are made without any fact and then snowball as though it is fact by being repeated without confirmation. 

Sorry that you think that way, but I'm all for discussing events that haven't happened yet, if there is evidence for it.

I discussed that iniBuilds seemed to be going all in on MSFS and made a thread for that. Then we find out iniBuilds had signed a partnership with MSFS, and Microsoft likely paid for their A310 to be free in MSFS.

I discussed that FSLabs would probably bring their Concorde to MSFS.  FSLabs then announced they are bringing their Concorde to MSFS.

Now I am enquiring about why Quality Wings is so quiet and missed their release deadline by over a year. Also, please don't assume I want them to go bankrupt or anything like that.  It's the exact opposite. I hope Quality Wings releases their 787 for MSFS, and their 787 for MSFS is a huge success.  But it's very odd that they have missed their release date by over a year - hence the enquiring to see what is going on with them.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1