Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Qualitywings 787, where are you?

34 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Oh totally forgot about that post...  so clearly they were somewhat far along.  They must have hit a huge roadblock then,

Doesn’t the time line seem similar to PMDG and their 737?

Initial optimistic release dates followed by a realisation that things were going to take a lot longer due to a developing SDK and a lack of debugging tools.

I don’t think ‘porting’ assets over from P3D is any sort of an easy task. I seem to think Milviz are slipping behind release estimates too and they were very interesting in their webcast about how difficult certain things are to do in MSFS compared to P3D.  Shouldn’t we have their Skyraider out by now?

Interesting forum responses to this kind of thing;  PMDG are full of it for long, wordy posts of explanation, QualityWings have died out due to an excess of brevity🙃

10 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Interesting forum responses to this kind of thing;  PMDG are full of it for long, wordy posts of explanation, QualityWings have died out due to an excess of brevity🙃

This is only because if PMDG doesn't status update us every week we freak out and think they're not coming to MSFS haha.

I remember the good old days of zero product previews....and BAM!  Here's a shiny new aircraft.  Anyone remember when the Lotus L39 came out?  Technically someone did find out it was in development (over at sim outhouse) right before it released.  Mike (from lotussim) is the magician behind the upcoming Marchetti S.55.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

My guess is, Quality Wings probably lost some experienced developers over the last year or so. That would explain why they couldn't match PMDG, Fenix, Leonardo, and JustFlight on the release of the first high fidelity airliners for MSFS.  Loss of experienced developers also explains why they are 1 year behind their original estimate.

If you look at how PMDG, Fenix, Leonardo, and JustFlight all released their airliners within some 3 weeks of each other, that's because they were fully staffed and managed to keep pushing forward to the finish line.

It's just my guess, I could be wrong.  

In any case, I don't think the SDK is an obstacle for Quality Wings anymore.  In fact, I think by Q1 of this year, when Fenix, PMDG, Maddog, and BAe 146 all entered beta testing, the SDK was no longer an obstacle for Quality Wings.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

15 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Wonder if Ernie Alston's still with them?

I see Ernie in the FSW Discord - but I think he developed the Lear's UNS system for their P3D Lear 35...  (And I've seen early previews of the LJ35 in MSFS)

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

I'm not talking about "too dark" like the FSL or the 737, I'm talking about pitch black. Textures are not visible anymore at all, it's that black. This has been going on for two years. Now imagine how Qualitywings would fare with those monthly updates in MSFS... you understand what I mean?

I do.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

8 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I see Ernie in the FSW Discord - but I think he developed the Lear's UNS system for their P3D Lear 35...  (And I've seen early previews of the LJ35 in MSFS)

Quite the Gauge guy. ISG1 in it's hay day.

I don't have access to the QualityWings forum as I am not a member or a customer of them.  Does anyone with access to their forum, know if they posted an update about their 787 for MSFS lately?

Edited by abrams_tank

7 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I don't have access to the QualityWings forum as I am not a member or a customer of them.  Does anyone with access to their forum, know if they posted an update about their 787 for MSFS lately?

Very quiet over there from a staff point of view. In fact the two staff members who were replying to people haven't been on the forums since May or the end of June - No further updates have been posted since what we already know. 

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

I think it's safe to assume this project is dead. The QW 787 was never the most in-depth aircraft on P3D, so there's no way this would take longer than the Fenix, 737, A310 etc. without any serious internal cause.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I think it's safe to assume this project is dead. The QW 787 was never the most in-depth aircraft on P3D, so there's no way this would take longer than the Fenix, 737, A310 etc. without any serious internal cause.

I think you are right, its a dead deal. Hopefully WT can give default 787 to some level of detail. I may even bump up from the standard MS verion to Premium.

Maybe they were going for ultimate realism and ceased all production work while the real world 787 deliveries were suspended 😉

That’s cleared up though so they can get back at it now.  It wasn’t the highest detail airliner in P3D but was still enjoyable so hopefully the project isn’t dead.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

16 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

Very quiet over there from a staff point of view. In fact the two staff members who were replying to people haven't been on the forums since May or the end of June - No further updates have been posted since what we already know. 

Oh, those two staff members weren't even replying to general inquiries, not related to MSFS?

That's bad then. It may mean those two members quit or were laid off.  From everything taken together, it seems Quality Wings could be in financial trouble.  Not a good look. I surely hope they don't go under, and come out with the 787 for MSFS, at the expected quality of their previous 787.  But the signs are not good.

21 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Oh, those two staff members weren't even replying to general inquiries, not related to MSFS?

That's bad then. It may mean those two members quit or were laid off.  From everything taken together, it seems Quality Wings could be in financial trouble.  Not a good look. I surely hope they don't go under, and come out with the 787 for MSFS, at the expected quality of their previous 787.  But the signs are not good.

I'm not sure what their actual role is but the two people who posted "announcements" and also commented on the quietness of any MSFS news is what I looked at. They are part of the "Admin" forum group. 

hHF7Kt2.png

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

As someone who really enjoyed the QW787 I really hope they are working on the 787 for MSFS.

To be honest I would also really like to see an update to the P3D version. Maybe an HD update with better visuals inside and out for P3D v5. Even if it was a paid option.

Hopefully someone from the team posts an update soon as I was expecting to see it released by the end of the year... Now who knows...

• Like 1

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+