Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

It's been half a year since 5.3 came out

Discussion about streaming data for MSFS is off topic. No more please.

• Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

10 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

People with bad photogrammetry are the extreme minority.

I don't doubt they are in the minority, but they exist, and there's not much or nothing they can do about it.

11 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

And like I said, there are ways to overcome the photogrammetry issues by using manual cache and rolling cache for areas you frequently fly in.

I see that as a solution for some use-cases, but not all. Not trying to bash MSFS here, I really do wish P3D had a similar solution for the general scenery. Streaming is the only way to get that kind of quality scenery, but it's just not viable for everyone, I'm afraid.

• Upvote 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

32 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I don’t follow “VC off”. VC is the virtual cockpit. How and why do you turn that off?

I suspect the "VC" in this case is referring to "Volumemetric Clouds" Ray.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sparkrite said:

I suspect the "VC" in this case is referring to "Volumemetric Clouds" Ray.

Ah right, thanks. Always best to describe things in full. 👍

My 1080Ti is not a great performer with these settings especially in 4K.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

50 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Discussion about streaming data for MSFS is off topic. No more please.

This topic had already gone off-topic 4 pages ago.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Ah right, thanks. Always best to describe things in full. 👍

My 1080Ti is not a great performer with these settings especially in 4K.

You can also remove the Virtual cockpit in add-ons along with the external models. I often did this to improve fps. 

Edited by Doug47

9 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

You can also remove the Virtual cockpit in add-ons along with the external models. I often did this to improve fps. 

How do you see your instruments without a virtual cockpit? Sorry, Doug, that is a bizarre suggestion.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

How do you see your instruments without a virtual cockpit? Sorry, Doug, that is a bizarre suggestion.

Use the 2D panel. 
Us FSX users were doing this regularly back in the day to peel back some lost fps. 

The PMDG NGX and the Flight 1 B200 King Air being two that come to mind. 

1 minute ago, Doug47 said:

Use the 2D panel.

The Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25 does not have a 2D cockpit. Even if it had reverting to 2D is not an option I would even consider.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I agree with Ray. A 2D cockpit is something that I left behind a long time ago.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I don’t follow “VC off”. VC is the virtual cockpit. How and why do you turn that off?

I always turn panel lights on. Still too dark. I would prefer not to have to use the mouse as a torch pointer.

Even if the VC problem was fixed it still leave the clouds and sky colour as unacceptable to me.

I’m happy with the PMDG panel with EA off. I have a 30Hz 4K monitor so with VSync enabled the fps remain at a smooth 30 except at the busiest of airports.

VC = volumetric clouds

Vic green

See above. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Patco Lch
  • Like 1

Vic green

12 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25 does not have a 2D cockpit. Even if it had reverting to 2D is not an option I would even consider.

Unfortunate that new models don’t include it as VC’s are a real step back from the photorealistic 2D panels of yesteryear. Edetroits 2D creations in FS2004 blow most add-ons away with VC’s even today in any platform. 

12 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Chaseplane is a great compromise. I used to run Track IR but I got tired of wearing it and the exaggerated head movements required.

• Like 1

Cheers

Steve Hall

11 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I agree with Ray. A 2D cockpit is something that I left behind a long time ago.

I never liked the poor graphical display VC’s have. It’s like looking at a plastic cockpit. That always put me off.