Sign in to follow this  
JETPETER2

FSRealistic Pro is out!!

1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

I agree. And I also remember these same discussions about Ezdok where people did not understand this concept.

Actually flying the default C172 through some turbulence and the movement of the cabin and the wings looks exactly like I expect it to do.

And that movement was the best thing about EZdok, and now I have it again in FS Realistic. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

That was funny!  Actually, I have had so much success with all their trucks and vans...and am on my 5th new Dodge Grand Caravan, to date.  I was sorry to see my version (last) E.O.L. as I like to trade in about every 3-4 years.  I think that I will be keeping my latest (2019) for at least ten years now...as I don't really like the latest version, and the prices are through the roof for my feature-laden version.  Happy to stay with the best vehicle I have ever owned...the Dodge Grand Caravan that gives me 28 mpg...rides wonderfully, and love the fact that with the seats down...I can still load up 4x8's...as well as any pick-up I have also owned...

Dodge Ses  (for sure!) 🙂

Good you traded them in every three or four years, because that is about the time the transmissions failed. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

22 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Fly the Baron...find turbulence...look out the side window, with moving the mouse/view to keep it there...and you certainly will....the wing will stay still and the window frame will move up and down as though independent of the rest of the body outside the cockpit. You most certainly will...this is not system dependent.

Can you post a video of this please?

Chris Camp

Just now, Kilo60 said:

Can you post a video of this please?

My guess is they can't.....

• Upvote 1

the real question is, if an airplane was on top of a conveyor belt moving opposite to its direction of travel, perfectly matching its forward speed, would it take off?

😆

5 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

"Your guess, would be wrong...don't know how to create a video...."

3 hours ago, molleh said:

the real question is, if an airplane was on top of a conveyor belt moving opposite to its direction of travel, perfectly matching its forward speed, would it take off?

😆

Nope! lol.  Wings need airspeed for lift, doesn't matter what the ground speed is 😁

LouP

• Like 1

On 6/12/2022 at 4:41 PM, Kilo60 said:

Where can you get this other than their website?

Orbx?

Contrail?

FS Market Place?

Just Flight

35 minutes ago, LouP said:

Nope! lol.  Wings need airspeed for lift, doesn't matter what the ground speed is 😁

LouP

I know responding to this is gonna cause an off-topic that will get all our posts deleted, but I can't help it. (Sorry mods!)

Unlike cars, a planes forward energy comes from engines not the wheels. So while a car would not move on an imaginary conveyor belt, an airplane would depart unabated. The conveyor can spin at any speed it wants, it can't press against the engine exhaust to prevent the aircraft from moving ahead.

EDIT: It should be noted that a lot of people get hung up by suspending only part of the physics. Obviously, there's no experiment that works if you pretend the conveyor is attached to the wheels like the interlocked mechanical wheels of a clock. In the real World wheels don't work that way, but if you make them work that way in your thought experiment then the answer is whatever you'd like it to be. 😂

Edited by WestAir

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Here comes the yeahbut lol.  If the conveyor is offsetting the energy created to move forward, how do you get the airspeed for lift?  I could maybe get your point if the aircraft has unlimited power but it doesn't and the claim is the aircraft isn't moving forward because the conveyor is keeping it from moving.  AND we're off!  lol

LouP

11 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

take it  you don't believe in any one that has  a different  view  than yours

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The whole conveyor belt discussion is stupid, or maybe an intentionally trick question. 

Unless there are chocks involved or brakes are on, the only effect a conveyor belt will have is the undercarriage wheels will spin faster or slower.   It s going to have zero effect on airspeed which is what matter for take-off.

Even initially before starting the engine when the aircraft on the conveyor belt is moving backwards you have just created what is effectively a tailwind meaning you will need to trim nose down to counter it in initial roll.  Remember the old adage that in taxi ""Climb" into the wind; "Dive" away from the wind".

Aircraft relative speed relative to the ground or the belt is totally irrelevant. Airspeed is what matters.

Think in terms of landing an aircraft on a moving truck.  The moving truck is irrelevant to flaring and touching down.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

take it  you don't believe in any one that has  a different  view  than yours

i mean if someone tells me they think the earth is flat, yeah, i'm not gonna believe that.

The turbulence effect on the PMDG 737 cockpit is dreadful. The glare shield seems to disconnect itself from the rest of the cockpit and goes up and down but with no alteration in perspective. Very odd. And I've switched off the effect.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tierborn said:

Where can you get this other than their website?

Orbx?

I bought it at Sim Market

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049