Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

Update 1.26.5

1 minute ago, icewater5 said:

My wrong then.🙂 Strange though given the membership numbers. I am guessing the videos of vatsim flights are probably organized events then.

Like one on saturday was so busy that there were frequent holding instructions and refusals for afk (away from keyboard) requests.!

Many times it is feast or famine, either controllers everywhere, or none for a 1,000 miles. I like to fly where my VA has flights, and not have to worry about whether a Vatsim controller is anywhere around, or flying with Unicomm is my ATC, talking to myself. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

5 hours ago, jwhak said:

Anyone having sound issues with the ATC after this latest update? I can't hear the ATC voices anymore as of 0400 cst time. Maybe servers overloaded?

Thanks & Happy Landings,

Josh

P.S. Disregard this post figured out the problem. It was the Id10t behind the screen :ohmy:

Do you mind sharing why I may be such an Id10t, too. I also happened to either hear just ATC or just me during 1 of my last flights today. Since it‘s either / or I figured I cannot be me, can it?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

7 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

FWIW, they seem to be wanting to focus on ATC as an area to improve: https://twinfinite.net/2022/06/microsoft-flight-simulator-interview-40th-anniversary-edition/

Jorg Neumann: "There are all sorts of things going on with AI traffic. The thing that really bothers me about it… there is ATC, and we really need to look into ATC more deeply because people talk about it a lot… but the thing that bothers me about the air traffic is that we have sort of chopped-off low-flying traffic completely. We have all the data from FlightAware, and we are cutting off anything below 5,000 feet, which is a lot of stuff. It’s a little brutal what we’ve done. I actually think it wasn’t due to performance at all. It was some sort of steering problem. So we’re looking at that."

Perhaps as with some other stuff like avionics (i.e. Working Title), they can partner up with or gobble up some 3rd party expertise on ATC and/or AI.

Thanks for this. This is hopeful.

I think that the way AI traffic and ATC depend on each other, both might need to be developed by the same group of people or at least they should interact to each other as user aircraft would. It's just the engine, since the models and liveries can be supplied by other parties, even the community. Even the flight plans could be supplied by other parties.

AI traffic is not only commercial aviation. Especially since many have (re)discovered flying GA, these also have their place in AI traffic.

AI traffic not only interacts with ATC, it also should do so properly with scenery. Aircraft should park at logical spots (no more piper's at the gate) and active runways should mimic real-world behaviour as much as possible.

• Like 2

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

3 hours ago, DAD said:

Do you mind sharing why I may be such an Id10t, too. I also happened to either hear just ATC or just me during 1 of my last flights today. Since it‘s either / or I figured I cannot be me, can it?

I went to options and corrected 1. Main device output selection to my=Speakers (realtek(r)audio) & 2. Communication Device output selection= Speakers (realtek(r)audio)

Whatever your default pc audio may be. And now I can hear ATC and my pilot voice.  Guess something got changed after update. But that is what fixed it for me.

Happy Landings,

Josh

Slightly OT - but was there any improvement/corrections/modifications to the generally poorly received and criticised  World Update Italy and Malta?

On 6/15/2022 at 3:02 AM, Ricardo41 said:

I doubt this will ever happen. IMHO, outside a few avsimmers and sim nerds, there doesn't seem to be much of a demand for that.

I believe you're correct ..

On 6/15/2022 at 6:12 AM, orchestra_nl said:

3rd parties still need to be able to control AI aircraft in order to maintain seperation etc. With online traffic, the real world ATC should take care of that but only if the active runways in the sim correspond with real life as well. Also aircraft must be able to clear the runway as quickly as their real world counterparts do, although deleting aircraft instead of having them going around is probably the better solution.

It'd be a gargantuan task for any 3rd party to attempt to make an accurate traffic and atc program, and even if they were successful the performance hit to 90 percent of the users would be a disaster.  I would be happy with vatsim if there were more volunteer controllers and accessibility.