Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

Update 1.26.5

11 minutes ago, The Moose said:

Oh, the new imagery is the only thing interesting to me, what a shame.    Back to Google then.

I'm sure some areas might be better. Closer to bigger cities and places of interest maybe? 

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

14 minutes ago, The Moose said:

Oh, the new imagery is the only thing interesting to me, what a shame.    Back to Google then.

There is new imagery, maybe areas you're interested in are updated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

I'm sure some areas might be better. Closer to bigger cities and places of interest maybe? 

Hope so!  Will check it out in a bit.

I'm also going to see what Hurricane, Utah is like in Google...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

I'm off to see if VR has improved any.  😉

Not in the patch notes but did they fix the VR toolbar issue? If not I'm gonna be very annoyed seeing as they included other fixes, thanks

Edited by MarcG

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 minute ago, The Moose said:

Hope so!  Will check it out in a bit.

I'm also going to see what Hurricane, Utah is like in Google...

1L8 is the airport. It's night and day.. lol. Also notice how blurry Bing is compared to Google. 

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

Hi,

Are the "new" Bing textures worth it? How about compared to the Google ones?

Thank you and regards.

Edited by John Fields

15 minutes ago, John Fields said:

Hi,

Are the "new" Bing textures worth it? How about compared to the Google ones?

Thank you and regards.

I would like to know the same. I have always been under the impression that google is superior. But I just checked some other places around me and Bing maps look better. I guess It really just depends on the area. Rural areas, IMO, Google hands down.

Edited by reignman40
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

I guess you did not check the installation directory before hitting the update button?

Installing the sim into a second place on your system now perhaps.

Its World Update 10. Another USA update.

Steam, I love you 🥰

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, reignman40 said:

• Updated aerial imagery for USA

I was hoping for updated imagery for my area. It's the same though 😞 outdated bing maps...

Then use the Google Map Mod and select 'Latest Bing Maps'.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 minute ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Then use the Google Map Mod and select 'Latest Bing Maps'.

Would they be the same as what is on. https://www.bing.com/maps/aerial ? I have be been using Google with the mod.

Happy to see the Gettysburg area got an imagery update.  No more green roads there.  Not photogrammetry but better than it was.

Edited by jjn47

Has anyone posted the new loading screen image for WU10? I wonder what Asobo selected for it to be?

Reason I ask is that I have not seen any loading screen for some time, it's just an all black screen with the blue loading bar moving along the bottom. I presume some addon in community is the reason, maybe the Modern UI mod.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I can't believe I'm still downloading the update. Slow as hell. The servers must be slammed!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.