Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

One thing that would significantly improve MSFS for you?

1 hour ago, CFIJose said:

That might be wonderful! I don't know if my little rural area of the USA will have received attention, however. I'll have to try it tomorrow.

Next "would significantly improve" request (the OP did say to list ten things, right) - has anyone fixed night lighting in rural areas? All the dark back roads IRL are lit up like downtown Boston in the sim, and it's totally unrealistic and immersion breaking. It's like Borg took over the entire area! I get if there is a rare street light at the random house, but most of these roads should not even be visible from the air at night except for traffic driving on them. Instead they look like strings of Christmas lights everywhere. Ironically the towers are the things that stand out most IRL, and that's the thing missing by default.

1 hour ago, Keto Ketchup said:

That might be wonderful! I don't know if my little rural area of the USA will have received attention, however. I'll have to try it tomorrow.

Next "would significantly improve" request (the OP did say to list ten things, right) - has anyone fixed night lighting in rural areas? All the dark back roads IRL are lit up like downtown Boston in the sim, and it's totally unrealistic and immersion breaking. It's like Borg took over the entire area! I get if there is a rare street light at the random house, but most of these roads should not even be visible from the air at night except for traffic driving on them. Instead they look like strings of Christmas lights everywhere. Ironically the towers are the things that stand out most IRL, and that's the thing missing by default.

It did:

https://flightsim.to/file/16674/we-love-vfr-region-2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 7/1/2022 at 3:11 PM, captain420 said:
  1. Airport lighting (they need to fix the lights being on in the middle of the day)
  2. Lights on AI planes (ugly oversized square pixels look extremely unrealistic)
  3. The overdone and overexposed eye adaptation effect while in cockpit view. (They're emulating the dynamics of a camera lens, not the human eye).
  4. Ambient airport sounds and AI traffic sounds to make the airports feel alive. The sounds from external views at a busy international airports feels quite dull and dead.
  5. Fix the ATC system
  6. Fix AI traffic

I agree with everything here + night lightning overall looks like word not allowed. There are small airfields in the metro areas, especially the ones that are surrounded by shopping malls or other business types emitting a ton of light, that are nearly visually impossible to spot unless you know what you're doing - these at night are lit up like Christmas tree in MSFS, I wish they changed this at least for small airports. 

Edited by Drumcode
  • Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

10 hours ago, CFIJose said:

I just tried it out today. WOW, color me impressed!! Not only did it put towers where they belong, but the towers look just like IRL, and it got other things like a weather radar "ball" that I didn't even think to look for.

This is a perfect example of the community stepping in and improving the sim when Asobo / Microsoft fails to do so. A big kudos to the developers of this mod! It really does help improve my flying experience over familiar territory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keto Ketchup said:

I just tried it out today. WOW, color me impressed!! Not only did it put towers where they belong, but the towers look just like IRL, and it got other things like a weather radar "ball" that I didn't even think to look for.

This is a perfect example of the community stepping in and improving the sim when Asobo / Microsoft fails to do so. A big kudos to the developers of this mod! It really does help improve my flying experience over familiar territory.

If you missed this mod, then you probably don't know that there's a power lines mod.

The community has stepped up from day one. Everything from fixing airports, to coastlines, to adding distant trees. This is an amazing & passionate community and I'm here just to spread the word. 😀

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, Keto Ketchup said:

It isn't that Asobo "failed" to do it, it is that Asobo has many things that they are working on to make the sim better, and some are more important than others. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

47 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

It isn't that Asobo "failed" to do it, it is that Asobo has many things that they are working on to make the sim better, and some are more important than others. 

Good luck and best wishes in making clear the wna obvious, to each and all. Avsim is great at times, and yet borderline absurd all at once at times  😁  Anyway im done here period.

Friendly shout out to all of yous buddies 🙂

Edited by icewater5

1 hour ago, CFIJose said:

If you missed this mod, then you probably don't know that there's a power lines mod.

The community has stepped up from day one. Everything from fixing airports, to coastlines, to adding distant trees. This is an amazing & passionate community and I'm here just to spread the word. 😀

I've been out of the game (quite literally due to one of the earlier update breaking FS on my computer) for quite some time now, finally reinstalling FS only last week. So yeah, I've missed a lot! I'll have to look up this power lines mod, unless someone has a link handy.

I wonder if there is a similar thread to this, "Mods that significantly improve MSFS for me." I would definitely check such a thread out!