Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

One thing that would significantly improve MSFS for you?

The one thing that would immeasurably improve MFS for me is a new yoke to replace my rubbish Logitech one. But which?

1. Airport lighting (they need to fix the lights being on in the middle of the day)
  2. Lights on AI planes (ugly oversized square pixels look extremely unrealistic)
  3. The overdone and overexposed eye adaptation effect while in cockpit view. (They're emulating the dynamics of a camera lens, not the human eye).
  4. Ambient airport sounds and AI traffic sounds to make the airports feel alive. The sounds from external views at a busy international airports feels quite dull and dead.
  5. Fix the ATC system
  6. Fix AI traffic
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

9 hours ago, CFIJose said:

In all my years of simming, every time I hear about an ATC add-on I always compare it to the FU II & III ATC.

So far I have not found an ATC, in a modern sim, with the quality, clarity, and pleasantness I found in the voices of FU III.

It must be very hard to replicate, because it has not been done.

XP12 sounds interesting. I would try it, just to see how the ATC stacks up to FU III.

FSHUD is getting closer, but that's an add-on that is not included in a sim.

FU 2 - 3 were true masterpieces. And cool boxes! They must be hidden somewhere in a closet.

A.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ADamiani said:

FU 2 - 3 were true masterpieces. And cool boxes! They must be hidden somewhere in a closet.

A.

I still have all my versions in a safe location. This one had a good intro:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

The one thing that would immeasurably improve MFS for me is a new yoke to replace my rubbish Logitech one. But which?

Depends on your budget and expectations.
I would wholeheartedly recommend Fulcrum Sim's 'Fulcrum One Yoke' - hall effect sensors, full range of motion, high quality metal design, plug and play, doesn't require to take out a mortgage.

Alternatively, lots of people seem very happy with the Honeycomb Aero 'Alpha' yoke.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, jarmstro said:

I have a Yoko+ I would let go of for a very good price if you are interested.  Used for two weeks.  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

3 hours ago, jarmstro said:

Don't buy Honeycomb Alpha, I have now the 2nd one and the pots get un-calibrated by itself. And pitch is too stiff. I'll be buying the TCA Boeing (just the yoke) that comes with hall effect sensors instead, the benefit is much more precision in the axis.

Sergio Naiberg

8 hours ago, F737MAX said:

Depends on your budget and expectations.
I would wholeheartedly recommend Fulcrum Sim's 'Fulcrum One Yoke' - hall effect sensors, full range of motion, high quality metal design, plug and play, doesn't require to take out a mortgage.

Alternatively, lots of people seem very happy with the Honeycomb Aero 'Alpha' yoke.

Thanks. The Fulcrum One seems to be my cup of tea. I've placed a pre order because there is a waiting list.

On 6/25/2022 at 3:36 PM, Redge said:

I just looked back over my photos and screenshots from 2020, and was shocked to see just how much better the weather system looked back then compared to now. There’s no comparison at all.

Has Asobo Studio ever acknowledged why the weather system has visually degraded over time?

Of course, they could refute the claim blaming it on user hardware rendering capability or poor system tuning.  Or they could say it was an "intentional" design decision to allocate limited computing resources to new features.  It would be good to know.

Could we handle the truth, or would the answer create a new firestorm of commentary?

• Like 1

The one thing that would make it better for me would be a working Auto Pilot! Mine has never worked properly since day one of the sim.

8 minutes ago, flighty100 said:

The one thing that would make it better for me would be a working Auto Pilot! Mine has never worked properly since day one of the sim.

One gets the distinct feeling they got it to placeholder status and left it there until such time that they return to complete it.  I think it has potential and already does things FSX/P3D didn't do, but the voices, especially of one Azure guy just sound so inappropriate for an ATC voice sounds more like someone who just graduated from the Amy Vanderbilt School of Etiquette 🙃

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

On 7/1/2022 at 9:15 AM, CFIJose said:

In all my years of simming, every time I hear about an ATC add-on I always compare it to the FU II & III ATC.

So far I have not found an ATC, in a modern sim, with the quality, clarity, and pleasantness I found in the voices of FU III.

This 100%.  Imagine what a modern evolution of that ATC engine would be capable of.  I can still hear it chewing me out as Beechcraft 9LG for whatever pilot deviation I was incurring lol.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

another thing I'd put on the list is Snow.  Hopefully I'm wrong and somebody can point that out.  But I've never seen evidence yet to suggest so.  While I've seen snow covered ground and small amounts of flakes in the air.  I've never seen it actually snowing with heavy snows.  I'm kind of a snow junky in winter months.  Quite often in P3D I'd plan my flights to airports expecting snow.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

The night cityscape is a little too pandemic:  no activity on the ground.  I'd love to see head lights and tail lights.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

After a real nice approach to LFMN Nice which was completely messed up by AI/AIG behavior during the landing I can only say it again:

A complete ai overhaul is the the one and only thing which would significantly improve MSFS for me.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).