Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

One thing that would significantly improve MSFS for you?

A user reference/glossary guide. Of course this could be done by anyone. but would be nice to have.

a) flight simulator related terminology b) technology related terminology. That should cover everything.

Or a reference to a central information data base.

Edited by icewater5
on topic

Afterburners for the BA146 would be nice. It's bit of a stodgy old pudding.😂🤓

Remove from developers the ability to lock simulation rates. It's been a month and a half since the Fenix A320 was released, and we're still hard-limited to 2x? This never happened in P3D, FSX or even FS9!

And no, please don't come with the FBW simulation excuse: Aerosoft has the same speech for their P3D birds, and I can keep 8x at 30 FPS locked, or 16x if my frames are unlocked... with real WX and no altitude oscillations at all.

Furthermore (but would count as a feature request instead), I'd welcome multiple autopilot PID coefficient sets, one for 1x and one or two for higher rates.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

The only thing that really really annoys me is the lack of artificial "horizon line" control like we had in fsx using Q or Ctrl+Q.  I've tried various suggested fixes modifying the camera views, but none are as easy or effective as the old fsx command

Still craving really good fly-by and tower views, you know like the ones we had in FSX/P3D.  Easy peasy they just haven't gotten around to icing the cake quite yet with some of these little but meaningful things.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Remove the green tint from roads, rocks, and mountain tops! This is my #1 pet peeve ATM.

Related, I took a pretty long break (over a year?) from the sim, and I was pleased to find that performance, graphics (except for evil green tint and a nerf to clouds), and stability have greatly improved since was last on. Even the satellite imagery for my home state has been updated and is way better than it was before! Fingers are crossed that this trend continues.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 11:03 AM, BillC said:

nor ever seen Hybrid measurements in use in an aviation context

This. I want atc to give me the altimeter setting in millibars!

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

The only thing I'd love have improved is snow coverage on airport movement surfaces.

I know, it's not an issue right now (except Svalbard), but in a few months, half of Europe will be covered in snow again and a long period of flying only in Spain, Greece and Malta is coming up.

I absolutely hate it to not be able to fly to most of the addon airports I've paid for.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/get-rid-of-the-snow-on-runways-taxiways-aprons-and-roads/339131/78

It's just not much fun to not even know if you're taxiing still on hard surface or if you're on soft ground already.

I mean... where's the runway?

11b4e31b3474c06016918ef3d93cb6ece1b083ad

Edited by Konterhalbe
  • Upvote 1

A better camera system to get in positions in the cabin of the plane. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keto Ketchup said:

Remove the green tint from roads, rocks, and mountain tops!

I've had good luck using NV Control Panel's Desktop Color settngs.  Dial up RED gamma very slighty, dial back blue and green gamma slightly, and finally dial Digital Vibrance back to 45 or so.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

10 hours ago, Noel said:

I've had good luck using NV Control Panel's Desktop Color settngs.  Dial up RED gamma very slighty, dial back blue and green gamma slightly, and finally dial Digital Vibrance back to 45 or so.

Yeah I'm doing something like this (same control panel, different slider settings), and it does help a little, but it's not enough. I'd love to use 3DMigoto to greatly dial back the green on just the ground textures, leaving all the other colors alone (the sky goes funny purple if you dial back the green for the entire screen), but unfortunately I've not had success getting FS to run with 3DMigoto.

ATC/AI needs to be improved.

Almost 20 years after FS9 and we're still running into the same issues.

• Like 1

Mike...

I don't want to start a new thread for this, so I'll ask here since it's "a thing that would significantly improve FS". Has anyone made an add-on (preferably free) that adds towers to the sim? It baffles me that my Commodore 64 version of Flight Simulator had more towers (which are kinda important when flying) than this modern sim.

It seems to me that someone clever could scrape a database of tower locations and automatically generate generic towers in the proper locations at the proper heights and elevations, if they haven't already.

Historical weather (or an interface to a third-party add-on like ActiveSky that could provide it).

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

16 minutes ago, Keto Ketchup said:

I don't want to start a new thread for this, so I'll ask here since it's "a thing that would significantly improve FS". Has anyone made an add-on (preferably free) that adds towers to the sim? It baffles me that my Commodore 64 version of Flight Simulator had more towers (which are kinda important when flying) than this modern sim.

It seems to me that someone clever could scrape a database of tower locations and automatically generate generic towers in the proper locations at the proper heights and elevations, if they haven't already.

You mean something like this?

https://flightsim.to/file/2605/we-love-vfr-region-1

Edited by CFIJose
  • Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.