Sign in to follow this  
tjrush

Bijan's Seasons

4 hours ago, Darth_Vapor666 said:

Initially it was installed incorrectly for about a month during which I grew increasingly frustrated with the perceived lack of difference. I was new to MSFS and while there were clues that the airports didnt look any different from default, the installation process had gone smoothly with nothing to indicate an incorrect installation. After taking several screenshots comparing textures with and without Rex, I realised there was no difference.

Unfortunately even after correctly installing, I found it to be quite underwhelming. The default airport textures are already good enough for add-ons such as this to be of little value. Obviously this is a matter of personal preference and perhaps my expectations were too high. But the fact that there are just two presets also makes it a bit mehhh. 

This thread is about seasons, not about airport textures. Maybe you have the two add-ons confused?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, CFIJose said:

This thread is about seasons, not about airport textures. Maybe you have the two add-ons confused?

Oh right, got sidetracked. Happy user of Bijans seasons as long as it continues to work through sim updates. 

• Like 1

So I just looked at a couple of comparison videos quickly and it seems to me that Rex has two issues... first, the vibrance/saturation seems unnatural but maybe you can tone that down, and second, the roads and highways are unidentifiable in winter due to snow cover which is very unfortunate.  The Bijan solution uses what seems to me, a more realistic pallet, and keeps the roads visible during winter which can be critical for VFR. I do like the deep winter view that Rex offers with less leaves on trees, but it's not worth the sacrifice in the other areas. However, I haven't found any videos showing what these solutions look like in my area - Pacific Northwest... can anyone who owns this share their thoughts on how it deals with the the conifers here?

Installing  any selectable season fails with this error or a similar error message. Automated seasons installed without an error, also the model assests.

I reinstaaled it again, but the error with missing files remains. Any idea what is wrong here?

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Ein Teil des Pfades "D:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-367756712-1005519628-1116471143-1003\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\Bijan Seasons - Summer N - Winter S\scenery\texture\BANANA-TREE_BANANA_TREE_BARK_BANANA_TRUNK__STEM_2_TR.PNG.DDS" konnte nicht gefunden werden.
   bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   bei System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
   bei System.IO.FileInfo.CopyTo(String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
   bei Bijan_Seasons.Home.CopyDirectory(String sourceDir, String destinationDir, Boolean recursive)
   bei Bijan_Seasons.Home.CopyDirectory(String sourceDir, String destinationDir, Boolean recursive)
   bei Bijan_Seasons.Home.button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
    Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 4.8.4515.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
Bijan Seasons
    Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Eigene%20Programme/Bijan/Bijan%20Seasons.exe.
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32-Version: 4.8.4515.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
CreativeControls
    Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Eigene%20Programme/Bijan/CreativeControls.DLL.
System
    Win32-Version: 4.8.4536.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Drawing
    Win32-Version: 4.8.4390.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
System.Configuration
    Win32-Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.
System.Core
    Win32-Version: 4.8.4536.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.
System.Xml
    Win32-Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll.
mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

Thanks for any help

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

3 hours ago, Viking01 said:

Installing  any selectable season fails with this error or a similar error message. Automated seasons installed without an error, also the model assests.

I've never used the automatic season installer, instead choosing to manually change the season myself. I use MSFS Addon Linker and currently have two choices active:

Bijan - Model Assets

Bijan Seasons - Summer N - Winter S

I don't use any of the Bijan Terrain Masks.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

That's an alternative if the problem cannot be solved.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

I have a small problem here with the automated insertion. When (in the programm) I choose a season manually, I can see that the relevant folder is created in my community folder. But when I enable automatic insertion, nothing happens, just the Model Assets and Islands and Boats appear and the manually created folder disappeared.

I have already deinstalled everything, erased the documents/bijan folder and made a fresh installation but this didn't work either. Also tried to start the Bijan Season program with admin rights...

Can anyone help ? Thanks in advance !