Sign in to follow this  
tjrush

Bijan's Seasons

Is this list still up to date compared to REX ?

Here are list of feature that are ONLY available with 4 season pack:

1. Spring flower blossoms in all cities.
  2. Flower fields in many parts of the world, UK, Africa, Asia, Europe, USA
  3. More vareity of trees and colors in each season.
  4. Gradual transition of trees in different elevations.
  5. Customized trees in upper UK and Scottland areas - Removed/reduced all vegetation from higher elevations.
  6. Photogrammetry trees removal from cities (ongoing project)
  7. Terrain Mask
  8. Snow mask so roads and runways can be cleared of snow in winter.  
  9. Multi ecosystem in the same area which is only doable with SDK, resulting in a variety of trees in the same area and creating lush forests, smooth transition.
  10. 60 fall color sets with much more variety of colors instead of 3 preset ones.
  11. Live correction of fall tree colors by using live cam available in several countries.
  12. 3d leafless winter trees in several cities
  13. 3d Joshua trees in Joshua National Park
  14. 3d Pinus Sylvestris trees
  15. 3d Blood Dragon trees
  16. 3d Plumeria trees in Honolulu, Hawaii
  17. 3d Rhododendron trees
  18. 3d baobab trees
  19. 3d bamboo trees
  20. 3d banana trees
  21. Florida Mangrove trees
  22. Black Forest in Germany
  23. Black Forest in Colorado
  24. Custom fall trees in the Rocky Mountains.
  25. Customized fall season in Florida to remove fall colored trees. 
  26. Famous Hills in China by Li River
  27. Rocky cliff islands and in China
  28. Manually corrected vegetation in 1000's regions which cannot be fixed by only using biomes. 
  29. Cleared trees in 100's of runways.
  30. Accepting changes by user's request.
  31. Adding exclusions to work with 3rd party airports.
  32. Instant support and frequent updates
  • Like 6

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I've been using REX Accuseason since the day it was released. Very pleased. No muss no fuss. Just set it and forget it. (and it's being continously worked on).

Buying from "one man shops" means you're relying on that one man. 

• Like 2

Alright since we're talking about it: For pure airliner flying, what would you all recommend more? Bijan or Rex? I already have Bijan and I like it, but since as an airliner pilot I won't ever see (or take notice of) most of his detail improvements, perhaps REX offers more for me? (though I have no idea what exactly)
So what do the airliner-only pilots among you use and why?

21 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I've been using REX Accuseason since the day it was released. Very pleased. No muss no fuss. Just set it and forget it. (and it's being continously worked on).

Buying from "one man shops" means you're relying on that one man. 

If I am correct AccuSim is also a one man product within the Orbx product range ….

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, The Moose said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but when their opinion is based on owning one product and watching a video or two of another then it's not an opinion I would take seriously, personally.

First of all, thanks for posting an intelligent, thoughtful reply.

But ... I personally can't afford to buy a Tesla and a Mustang to see which one is the better of the two. Same goes KLAS or CYVR airports out now.. Or REX Accuseasons and Bijan 4 Season Pack.

I'm really only left with reading other user's thought and forming an opinion based on those. Someone trashing a utility they don't currently own is not considered. Same thing for a Developer's creative writing on their website. Like in Olympic scoring, throw out the high, throw out the low and average the rest.

I own and use Bijan's 4 Season Pack and like how it makes the sim look most of the time in most places. Summer North - Winter South is kinda disappointing though. Just doesn't look right in my opinion. Other seasons are fine.

I would consider buying REX Accuseasons (as I have their other msfs products) if it were to go on sale. Which it isn't, and the 4th of July would have been a great time.

• Like 3

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

What's stopping you? 

Tried an it was a PITA.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, Sethos said:

Just you not understanding you don't need to buy a purely visual product to form an opinion

I'll have to respectfully disagree.   If you'd asked me three weeks ago when my opinion was based on the same factors as yours (owning Bijans and watching vids of REX) i'd have said the same...Bijans was better. I wasn't overly impressed with what I saw in the review vids That's why I didn't even consider purchasing REX.   I only picked it up eventually because I had a load of Just Flight point on my account and thought for £12 is was worth a punt just to see what it actually was like in practice  The weekly changes certainly interested me so it was worth the risk at that price.  I actually expected to be unimpressed and find the weekly changes was just slightly gimmicky and unnecessary and end up using Bijans again as I am a bit of a Bijan word not allowed 😄     REX turned out to be far more impressive than I expected.

I absolutely am not saying my opinion is "superior" in the slightest, but I'll argue that it's slightly more valid having at least 60 hours running it.  I certainly wouldn't expect anyone to take my opinion of anything too seriously if it wasn't based on direct head to head comparisons. 

Just to clear once more, I think both products are great. Both have their plusses and minuses. I have no horse in the race. I don't do "brand loyalty"  I have tested many of the seasonal changes in most continents. Of course I haven't tested everywhere with every weekly change.  I have no doubt that there are places and times that I'll still use Bijans over REX, but so far as someone who predominantly flys helicopters at low level REX edges it slightly for me at the moment.

It's nothing personal at all, but I don't and never will subscribe to "all opinions are equally valid"    Certainly not when they are formed on unequal criteria.  As i said, three weeks ago I'd have agreed with you and my opinion would have also been biased and not based on comparing the products on equal terms. It would have been less of a valid opinion than someone who had tried both and I certainly wouldn't expect other people to have taken that opinion as seriously as someone who had used both extensively. 

If the vids you watched were 60 odd hours of  2 hour continuous flights from cockpit view all over the world with different season sets then I'd be slightly more inclined to accept the quoted statement. I suspect you watched the same reviews as everyone else though. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. 

Your standards on the validity of opinions clearly differ to mine, and that's fine. we're all different. It's all just... opinions 😄  And please don't take anything I posted as a "personal attack"  as It certainly wasn't meant that way. I just think that claiming the superiority of one item over another without comparing them on an equal footing to be extremely bold statements to say the least, but perhaps that's just me. 

EDIT: Blimey, censoring the word "F4nb0y"  now are we Avsim?  You do know it's not always a negative term right?  Unbelievable.

Edited by The Moose
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CFIJose said:

What we need is an updated poll.

REX Seasons or Bijan.

As long as one of the options is "Both" 😉

20 minutes ago, The Moose said:

I just think that claiming the superiority of one item over another without comparing them on an equal footing to be extremely bold statements to say the least, but perhaps that's just me. 

I do not really agree, with respect. All the time i buy audio products using just ears from a 'variety' of uploaded sites. And it works fine, presumably for many others too.

Visual based products is pretty much the same i would have thought.

Edited by icewater5
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, The Moose said:

EDIT: Blimey, censoring the word "F4nb0y"  now are we Avsim?  You do know it's not always a negative term right?  Unbelievable.

Deleted. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

3 hours ago, The Moose said:

As long as one of the options is "Both" 😉

So you think that it's a pick em. Got it! 😀

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I was so disappointed with Rex Global Airport Textures, I went with Bijan's for seasons and holding out for another developer for weather rather than getting Rex Weatherforce. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Darth_Vapor666 said:

I was so disappointed with Rex Global Airport Textures

Why? Maybe you didn't install the addon correctly? There is an active REX discord community to assist. 

That said, I tend to stay away from products from developers, who seem solely responsible for developing, distributing, and maintaining the addon - what happens to the product when the developer can't attend to it due to illness, family issues, etc.?

This is why I stick with REX - there are more people behind each product than simply the developer.

Initially it was installed incorrectly for about a month during which I grew increasingly frustrated with the perceived lack of difference. I was new to MSFS and while there were clues that the airports didnt look any different from default, the installation process had gone smoothly with nothing to indicate an incorrect installation. After taking several screenshots comparing textures with and without Rex, I realised there was no difference.

Unfortunately even after correctly installing, I found it to be quite underwhelming. The default airport textures are already good enough for add-ons such as this to be of little value. Obviously this is a matter of personal preference and perhaps my expectations were too high. But the fact that there are just two presets also makes it a bit mehhh.