Sign in to follow this  
tjrush

Bijan's Seasons

Just now, Fiorentoni said:

hat's not a role playing game, he's being paid in real life dollars by his customers

...and?     He's made a product and it's working.  If he never did another thing with it then it's not an issue.  It's not like he's left his customers high and dry with a broken mod.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Just now, The Moose said:

...and?     He's made a product and it's working.  If he never did another thing with it then it's not an issue.  It's not like he's left his customers high and dry with a broken mod.

And that's not what I said either. It's a good product, that is as of now still working very well. Though we'll see how that goes in the future.
It was more about the attitude of the forum member I responded, too, who seems to think that people that sell digital stuff are somehow diverse from people that sell real life stuff.

4 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

It was more about the attitude of the forum member I responded, too, who seems to think that people that sell digital stuff are somehow diverse from people that sell real life stuff.

Nowhere in his post did he indicate anything of the sort.

Just now, The Moose said:

Nowhere in his post did he indicate anything of the sort.

That's open to interpretation, but I'll happily settle this right here if I misunderstood.

3 hours ago, Sethos said:

He posted this in his Discord on the 17th

Tc0mQSR.png

If I search for BijonStudio on Discord, I get nothing.  Does anyone have a link or invite to his Discord server?

Tom

Before his family issues he used to be extremely attentive and active in the thread over at the official forums. To the point that others were worried that he might get burnt out going in that pace. Let’s hope that he’s okay and that he’ll be able to resume the project soon. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

And that's not what I said either. It's a good product, that is as of now still working very well. Though we'll see how that goes in the future.

You need to drop this now please, at no point did I say anything of the sort. You're the one who came into this thread with an attitude.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

How does this compare with the Rex seasons program?

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

9 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I am using Rex, it does what it supposed to do for less money I believe and they didn’t make AVSIM posts every so often accusing people of stealing their code.  

• Like 4

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

23 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I think one of the big selling points of REX AccuSeasons is the weekly season updates. I’ve been using REX for the last few months, and I’m quite happy with it. I think both are great. There was a post here on AVSIM (I think) with a detailed comparison, but I can’t seem to find it. But there’s this thread:

And this:

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

3 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

It's a risk everyone takes when working with one-person-devs, so I'm good with it.

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

That's not a role playing game, he's being paid in real life dollars by his customers. Also there might be a middle way between ignoring his family and not updating his product for months, have you thought of this?

You swung pretty dramatically between two positions in quite a short space of time there.

• Like 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

3 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

He's not modding, he's selling a product.

Same thing. he's modifying files to make his product.

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

Bijans has more "hand crafted" areas (Bamboo forests, Valley of flowers in India, etc) which are great, but obviously pointless if you never fly in those specific places. 6 week changeover of vegetation sets. Loved using it while i did and Bijan was probably the most active dev I've ever seen in regards to interaction with the community and adding updates.  Seemed like a top bloke and I wish him well. Sounds like he's had a terrible year.

I picked up REX a couple of weeks ago when I realised how much cheaper it was at Just Flight (for us Brits) and must admit I prefer it.   Using the smaller trees  with irregular canopies options it looks more natural to my eyes.  The automated weekly vegetation sets is a great feature and I get a few more FPS with REX (only 2-3 but every little counts!)   It's mostly the slightly more irregular sizes/shapes in dense areas of trees that make it look more natural. Colours seem great.   Very happy with it and I'll be sticking with it unless Bijan makes a comeback and comes up with new features to tempt me back.

• Like 4

I bought Bijan's Seasons but always saw it as a placeholder and ultimately crude and dated, albeit effective.  I hope Asobo tackles it from an "organic" way for lack of a better word, that has vegetation change through the seasons according to their latitude, elevation, time of year etc thru the use of programmable shaders.  Replacement textures while effective do not offer the potential of something like programmable shaders--so is my fantasy.  It would be very complex to do and while doing it they could add a multitude more tree species, shrub species, etc, but in the end could be fabulous. 

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

5 hours ago, micstatic said:

Prefer Rex for the Automation, features and above all the support.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders