Sign in to follow this  
DAD

SU10 beta coming July 8, 2022

Well, that’s tomorrow. Count me in. Didn’t expect it that fast/early having expected a summer vacation blackout period:

Great news: the Sim Update 10 Beta is almost ready! We are finalizing beta release notes, prepping the forums, and readying the test build for a target release of tomorrow, July 8th, at 8am PT (1500Z). 

Edit source: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/blog-july-7th-2022-development-update/528775, leaving the dev update in total to @ChaoticBeauty

Edited by DAD
  • Like 7

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

3 minutes ago, DAD said:

Count me in

Like you've got a choice. 😉

• Like 4

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Of all the updates so far this has me the most excited.  Not sure I’ll participate due to the potential for breaking stuff, but hope it goes well and they listen to the feedback received.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

2 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Like you've got a choice. 😉

You do for the beta as you have to join explicitly. Luckily I had no zero nada nil issues with any other beta before so I count on my luck and will join for sure

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Does anyone know where I can find a list of all the expected upcoming changes in SU10?

1 minute ago, Bdub22 said:

Does anyone know where I can find a list of all the expected upcoming changes in SU10?

List taken from the latest Q&A transcript on the official forums:

• Multi-screen, for instance.
  • We talked about DLSS.
  • We are working mostly on DirectX 12 so we can have performance we have under DirectX 11. At the moment, I think we are off by 20%.
  • We are working on WASM.
  • We are working on a new cloud logic that will bring more resolution near to the ground.
  • We are doing some improvements on bush trips.
  • We are doing something important for accessibility:
    • So we are doing some modification of the UI on the menus so people can use the main menu with the keypad, which is super important from an accessibility point of view.
    • We are also improving the screen reader for accessibility, too.
  • We have added some key bindings:
    • Some people were asking to be able to remove just by pressing one key the [taxi] ribbon
    • and the [multiplayer] nameplates, the sticker with the names
  • We are working with Working Title to bring some VFR Map improvements and some improvements on the [G1000] NXi.

The Feedback Snapshot also mentions improvements to the cloud layer system and weather menu, and FSR 2.0 is also a possibility.

• Like 9

Good, hopefully starting the beta earlier will allow MS & Asobo to fix the reported issues before release this time.

14 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

List taken from the latest Q&A transcript on the official forums:

• Multi-screen, for instance.
  • We talked about DLSS.
  • We are working mostly on DirectX 12 so we can have performance we have under DirectX 11. At the moment, I think we are off by 20%.
  • We are working on WASM.
  • We are working on a new cloud logic that will bring more resolution near to the ground.
  • We are doing some improvements on bush trips.
  • We are doing something important for accessibility:
    • So we are doing some modification of the UI on the menus so people can use the main menu with the keypad, which is super important from an accessibility point of view.
    • We are also improving the screen reader for accessibility, too.
  • We have added some key bindings:
    • Some people were asking to be able to remove just by pressing one key the [taxi] ribbon
    • and the [multiplayer] nameplates, the sticker with the names
  • We are working with Working Title to bring some VFR Map improvements and some improvements on the [G1000] NXi.

The Feedback Snapshot also mentions improvements to the cloud layer system and weather menu, and FSR 2.0 is also a possibility.

Not too much of interest there for me, anyway. Hoping nothing gets broken. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

DLSS should interest everyone...well, anyone with an nividia 2xxx or newer series gpu.

This assumes they'll implement DLSS in SU10, which, it's not clear to me if they're actually going to include that or not.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, Mace said:

DLSS should interest everyone...well, anyone with an nividia 2xxx or newer series gpu.

This assumes they'll implement DLSS in SU10, which, it's not clear to me if they're actually going to include that or not.

The Feedback snapshot says it's coming with SU10. We'll find out tomorrow for sure.

Edited by Tuskin38

2 hours ago, DAD said:

You do for the beta as you have to join explicitly. Luckily I had no zero nada nil issues with any other beta before so I count on my luck and will join for sure

Ah, the beta. My mistake. I thought we all were on the beta, like it or not. 🙂

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

DLSS, DX12, unencrypted premium aircraft, improved clouds, better VFR map, and a toggle for taxi ribbon? I might allow myself some excitement for this one.

• Like 7

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

You’ve been able to turn off the taxi ribben since launch. Or does this mean adding it somewhere outside of the assistance menu?