Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sim Update 10 beta is out!

38 minutes ago, Seth2021 said:

Avez-vous essayé DX12 ? la première différence principale est la procédure de manutention au sol / taxi / décollage qui est beaucoup plus fluide maintenant sans un seul micro-bégaiement, etc. lors du panoramique, du zoom, etc. Il en va de même lorsque vous atterrissez / arrivez et que vous taxez à l'aéroport de destination.

Je viens de voir votre spec : Vous avez un CPU Beast (5800x3d) avec GTX1080 ? Ce qui signifie que vous serez limité en vram sur DX12 + votre cpu est beaucoup plus fort que votre gpu

I tried DX12 and it's smooth but I had the same thing with SU9 and SU10 DX11.I don't see any difference!

The only noticeable difference is that the fps are much higher on DX11 than DX12 in my case.The GTX1080 the fault no doubt.But even with the GTX 1080 I am impressed by the monstrous work the 5800x3D can do!!! Wow!!!!!!!!!! I really don't need a monstrous graphics card. It saves me from being stupid.

Since I got the 5800x3D I don't have the slightest stutter! whether it's with the SU9 and now with the SU10 DX11 or DX12 with Simple Traffic,FENIX all the settings in Ultra except the clouds in 1440p.Even LOD400!

That's it the SU10!!? A small VFR Map improvement and DSSL option and a feeling of being smoother.That's what makes you so happy?

I tried the 5800x3D for a long time with the SU9 and it was smooth as silk too. Whether at airports or elsewhere.

The only positive thing I can say about the SU10 is that I haven't encountered any bugs but I've never had a bug with SU9 either.

-I expect from ASOBO a huge work on the representation of clouds and live weather

-A better representation of the colors of our earth

-Higher resolution 

-Better representation of photogrammetry cities.

For me, these are the essential points that should have been worked on for this beta version. It's been a long time since the performance in MSFS2020 has been good, nor have we talked about it for years!

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

2 minutes ago, filou said:

I tried DX12 and it's smooth but I had the same thing with SU9 and SU10 DX11.I don't see any difference!

The only noticeable difference is that the fps are much higher on DX11 than DX12 in my case.The GTX1080 the fault no doubt.But even with the GTX 1080 I am impressed by the monstrous work the 5800x3D can do!!! Wow!!!!!!!!!! I really don't need a monstrous graphics card. It saves me from being stupid.

Since I got the 5800x3D I don't have the slightest stutter! whether it's with the SU9 and now with the SU10 DX11 or DX12 with Simple Traffic,FENIX all the settings in Ultra except the clouds in 1440p.Even LOD400!

That's it the SU10!!? A small VFR Map improvement and DSSL option and a feeling of being smoother.That's what makes you so happy?

I tried the 5800x3D for a long time with the SU9 and it was smooth as silk too. Whether at airports or elsewhere.

The only positive thing I can say about the SU10 is that I haven't encountered any bugs but I've never had a bug with SU9 either.

-I expect from ASOBO a huge work on the representation of clouds and live weather

-Higher resolution 

For me, these are the essential points that should have been worked on for this beta version. It's been a long time since the performance in MSFS2020 has been good, nor have we talked about it for years!

I am sorry i don't agree. I had 1080ti, and when i changed to 3090 i saw a huge difference. Also how is possible to have everything on ultra with silk/smooth results on every airport with LOD400? Make that in EGLL or KFJK and you will see that your vram is going to be hammered even on DX11.

in any case if you are happy with DX11 and your performance, everything is good

• Like 4

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

7 minutes ago, filou said:

-Higher resolution 

Point 3: You will achieve a higher resolution by investing in a new GPU; they can't increase resolution for your PC in software, as it's determined by the hardware you use.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, cyril972 said:

what is exactly the issue with AIG, is it causing CTD for everyone?

Apparently AIG is using some legacy FSX assets that SU10 can't handle.

6 minutes ago, JacquesBrel said:

in this case legacy FSX is superior to what we have in MSFS.  Hopefully a total redo of the MSFS traffic system is still planned.  

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

4 minutes ago, JacquesBrel said:

It's unfortunate that there isn't some sort of utility/app that could convert these old model types up to MSFS spec.

Mark

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

1 minute ago, Gate99 said:

It's unfortunate that there isn't some sort of utility/app that could convert these old model types up to MSFS spec.

MSFS does this automatically, but it seems like maybe SU10 broke something.

Do these CTD's also happen in SU10 when using AIG for model matching on VATSIM?  Many times I will fly with that on but the actual AI (Via Traffic Controller) not on. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

As a blind user of FS, I'd like SU 10 to finally be accessible to we who need to use a screen reader to interact with our computer.

Here's hoping that FS 2020 will be as accessible as it's predecessor Flight simulator version ten, better known by as FSX.

Why does the visually impaired/blind user always is left out and or not thought of for our input when building something new?

I had sat in on a few conference calls with the fs 2020 team and was assured that they're working on accessibility features.

But it's like don't call us, we'll call you and don't hold your breathe while you wait for we the team to get back to you.

So, here's hoping that FS 2020 will finally have accessibility features in su 10, which is the latest upgrade for fs 2020.

When I fire up the sim, all I hear is music.

So, that at least tells me that the sim was launched.

But via my screen reader and or via the built in screen reader that the team plugged into the sim, I can't see anything.

I can't even perform a upgrade.

So, many thanks for listening to my letter, and here's hoping that the team will see this letter.

Very Thankfully Yours, 

Ron Kolesar

kolesar16417@roadrunner.com

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, JacquesBrel said:

MSFS does this automatically, but it seems like maybe SU10 broke something.

Ah ok, thanks

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

7 minutes ago, Blind Pilot said:

So, many thanks for listening to my letter, and here's hoping that the team will see this letter.

Very Thankfully Yours, 

Ron Kolesar

kolesar16417@roadrunner.com

Hi Ron, sorry to read your experience with the team. Do you mind if I copy/paste your message over at the official Microsoft forum which the Microsoft team reads? Might help that your message reaches them

Edited by DAD
  • Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

23 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Point 3: You will achieve a higher resolution by investing in a new GPU; they can't increase resolution for your PC in software, as it's determined by the hardware you use.

I am talking about the resolution of our planet earth. Higher settings than ULtra, what exactly is there?

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

9 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Do these CTD's also happen in SU10 when using AIG for model matching on VATSIM?  Many times I will fly with that on but the actual AI (Via Traffic Controller) not on. 

Yes from what i've read.

Mark

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, filou said:

I am talking about the resolution of our planet earth. Higher settings than ULtra, what exactly is there?

In that regards, and therefore the same with landscape colour and to an extent photogrammetry, you seem to be asking for better satellite imagery... Microsoft and Asobo have the best satellite imagery available to them at this time. It has limitations that are beyond their control.

Edited by March Hare

32 minutes ago, Seth2021 said:

I am sorry i don't agree. I had 1080ti, and when i changed to 3090 i saw a huge difference. Also how is possible to have everything on ultra with silk/smooth results on every airport with LOD400? Make that in EGLL or KFJK and you will see that your vram is going to be hammered even on DX11.

in any case if you are happy with DX11 and your performance, everything is good

You have the RTX3090 but not the 5800x3D.

Of course there is a difference and it is at least the minimum that we ask between a GTX 1080Ti and an RTX 3090.

But from a general and non-specific point of view I can go everywhere without too much trouble even with LOD400.

"in any case if you are happy with DX11 and your performance, everything is good"

I have never had a performance issue with MSFS 2020 Except with my I7 4790k and in some inappropriate contexts.