Sign in to follow this  
Alpine Scenery

Summer Sale seems weak

16 hours ago, micstatic said:

Some huge issues with that approach.  Though they may not bother you.  

1.  Files encrypted.  On its own this isn't bad.  But this means they are blocked from other utilities that may need them.  For basic users probably fine.  But can easily be problematic.  

3.  I prefer to be able to manage my addons with addon linker.  This may be possible.  But I don't see a way.  

Hi Dave,

this is how I do this. There may be better ways but this works for me. My addons folders have two main branches - "Addons" is the stuff I select to use when in the sim, and "Addons - official" is for stuff that I've taken out of the sim for various reasons but still want occasional access to.

So, when I bought EGLL from the MS Store recently (and I got it from there because it was on sale and I knew v2 was coming), this was my approach.

itByhnz.jpg

UwBRMQP.jpg

Note that the physical files live in the "addons - official" folder not the "addons" folder. This is to allow updates to the product as described at the end of this post.

VPhDMxk.jpg

Couple of points. The encryption is not an issue for me because I use Directory Opus as my file manager. the MS file explorer, or whatever it's called these days, won't let you mess with encrypted files but any half decent file manager should. I can copy or move encrypted files and folders, and set encryption off/on, without any problems with this. The last time I used an MS file explorer was probably WFW 3.11. And setting up the symlinks is a doddle as I use a right-click addon, can't remember what it is but Google will find it for you.

The "bought from store" folder in the last pic above is a great way to keep track of what I've bought there. I use an addon linker preset to turn everything else off and set this on whenever there's a sim update, and that guarantees I have what looks to the sim like a vanilla system, and so removes any possibility for conflicts and also lets me check all my store bought products for updates at the same time as the sim update.

Hope this helps.

• Like 3

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Got a bunch of airports during this sale. The fact that you can see, in a map, all airports that are on sale, excluding the ones you already own, is a very cool feature.

Personally, I could not be happier with the Marketplace. Will probably never buy an airport outside the MP again.

• Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

The MP is a great place to buy add-ons especially since most of the time they are less expensive that everywhere else.

Edited by CFIJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

most of the time they are less expensive that everywhere else.

Anything originally priced in GBP (e.g. the Just Flight stuff and DCD) can work out much more expensive on the MP as MS require a USD price.

Generally I'll only buy scenery from the MP due to the encrypted files/lengthy patch times, and little of that...but I do have a bunch of Microsoft points that I need to use up (if I can work out how!)

Edited by keithb77

The bigger problem with marketplace is lack of customization. But dd kdca from marketplace and you can’t turn off static ai. Not the case with orbx version. That’s a big deal to me 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Just downloaded the Bucker BU-131 Jungman.

hqdefault.jpg

I always liked the look of this one but I already had the Stearman , WACO and Staggering so it seemed a bit frivolous to buy yet another biplane.

However at 50% off it was "why not?" .  Glad I bit the bullet and got it. Fun little thing that looks good with a very forgiving flight model, relatively easy to land for a taildragger and good manners on the ground.

Marketplace prices are 15%-20% higher then Simmarket for example so unless the sale is 30% off or more I don't find it attractive enough.

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

On 7/17/2022 at 11:50 AM, Kopteeni said:

Thanks for the heads up, just purchased this! I've been waiting for ages for the price to drop for this product. It seems 20€ has become my limit for MSFS airport. Patience paid off woohoo.

Have you tried and managed to remove the static aircraft? Is there a way around this when having the market place version?

1 hour ago, 737_800 said:

Have you tried and managed to remove the static aircraft? Is there a way around this when having the market place version?

I don't mind them too much and haven't tried to do any modding. To my understanding it's not possible to modify the market place products.

Marketplace is more convenient but I believe it slows the loading of the game as you get more and more stuff, unless you do what Andy1252 shows above I suppose...
Even though true, I still generally prefer the marketplace.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

14 hours ago, 737_800 said:

I think they only way is buying the non marketplace version. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I always price check between marketplace, Simmarket, ORBX and in some cases the devs own site.  It used to be that prices were quite consistent but now that doesn’t seem to be the case anymore, pays to look around.  In my experience ORBX seems to be the worst offender on some items with a fairly large price difference to others.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

What would happen if I delete the airport in the content manager? Can I reinstall it or is it gone? This is a rather stupid question, but just to make sure, before deleting a purchache.