Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

SU10 beta 528MB update today

8 minutes ago, JRBarrett said:

The update consisted of one file in “fs-base-genericairports”. The main FS executable did not change, nor any other files containing executable code. On my system, performance is exactly the same post-update as before the update.

Exactly. This update did not break anything at all. In fact, for me the sim has never been running any better than with SU10. No broken planes and more performance options should you wish to try them.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Sigh…

Typical MSFS update… breaks more than it fixes!

Hope then can sort all these issues out before official SU 10 release and the “mandatory” update that follows.

Are you part of the beta?

• Upvote 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

1 hour ago, Kilo60 said:

Sigh…

Hope then can sort all these issues out before official SU 10 release and the “mandatory” update that follows.

Sigh...

Typical beta testing... If you don't like to test, then just revert back to SU9

Hope that people can understand what does "beta" testing mean.

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 4

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 hour ago, Kilo60 said:

Sigh…

That is not my experience at all.  Not many issues. 
Sometimes it just resets some settings after an update, and you need to tweak them in again.  It was worth if for me just for DLSS alone.

Meanwhile, here are the 200+ fixes and improvements. Logic and facts win again...  😝

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sim-update-10-beta-release-notes-1-27-9-0/528823

• Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

The HDR issue started day one of the SU10 beta and was reported in the official forums. It is not new to this small update. I am very happy with the sim and the beta and I know that this will be fixed. The HDR on my TV is not that much better than SDR. YMMV.

Alienware Aurora R13, i9 12900K, Z690, 3080ti, 64GB DDR5, 2TB NVMe

I like hdr. But it really causes screenshot issues 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

4 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I like hdr. But it really causes screenshot issues 

The windows/xbox gamebar saves screenshots as sdr and hdr. Think geforce experience  does the same.

Alienware Aurora R13, i9 12900K, Z690, 3080ti, 64GB DDR5, 2TB NVMe

I'll usually jump in with both feet on the betas. Nothing ventured...I've never seen a beta-related bug not get fixed so it's not that big of a deal. 

• Like 1

Brian MacMillan

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz-16GB /GTX 1070-8GB/MSI B250M Bazooka  

I'm liking SU10. No problems shutting down and I had turned off HDR a couple of weeks ago as a test. I didn't notice much of a difference but my monitor is not a top of the line model. I  bought it for work, not play, but then I found that i liked the 1440x3440 resolution for MSFS. Should spent the extra $200... 

Obviously I haven't been able to test everything but so far I haven't found any negatives in the beta.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Don't know why but the stutters I had after installing this small update suddenly disappeared and I'm now having the same performance as before. Only things I did was alt+enter to change to window mode and then again to full screen and disabling low power mode that I had enabled before. I guess none of those could fix the stutters but who knows.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I've had zero performance loss since the update the other day, I did however have a decent flight in the King Air for the first time, which was nice!

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Seems like they've finally fixed the CTD's on load that happened at specific locations. I was able to start from KRNT 5 times in a row now without a CTD. I mean it took 2 years of development for them to fix it but still. At this rate the same might be relatively bug free within the current decade.

Edited by JimmiG

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Hi,

I'm receiving a new update for the SU10. Anyone else?

Greetings

Edited by John Fields

11 minutes ago, John Fields said:

Hi,

I'm receiving a new update for the SU10. Anyone else?

Greetings

Just checked- nothing for me. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Just now, St Mawgan said:

Just checked- nothing for me. 

It's 105,69 GiB big... 

I'm surprised because I didn't expect this.

Regards