Sign in to follow this  
Baber20

New update out for SU10 Beta

The latest BETA today costs me between 10 and 12 FPS, much higher VRAM and brings stutters with DX12.

More users start reporting this.

Using a i9 10900k

RTX3090

Varjo Aero

No XR Tookit

Windows 11 fresh install 2 days ago

Fresh install MSFS 2 days ago (everything!)

The sim is in VR barely usable this way.

Reported this of course and now hoping to see some feedback and solutions.

10 cores are having verty high spikes!

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, Baber20 said:

HDR still doesn't work.

HDR does work, alt and enter the screen, then drag the window around for a second and then alt and enter back to full screen. Voila, HDR now active. I have to do this each time. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

It's amazing the progress that is being made with MSFS.  I feel a few years ago, flight simulation was in the dark ages.  A few years ago, the tech for slight simulation was so outdated, and the progress was moving inch by inch, every year, with barely any progress at all.

Then MSFS comes out, and progress in flight simulation leaps out the window.  Progress in flight simulation isn't being measured in inches now, it's being measured in miles.

Well, it wouldn't be a Abrams post without hyperbolic cheerleading, but you do realize we're getting super-excited about a beta version of DX12 in MSFS, something which your "Dark Ages" sims had or matched a long time ago? (P3D DX12, X-Plane Vulcan). Yes, both of those sims did progress solidly over the years. No, it wasn't actually a "dark ages" for those of us who were actually using flight simulators during that time.

MSFS has been out for 2 years now, and progress for most of that period has been S-L-O-W, despite what you claim ("2 steps forward, 1 step back"). And there's plenty of basic features that are still missing and which shouldn't be. MSFS still lacks some things that 2006's FSX had.

I'm enjoying the SU10 Beta, but I think we can enjoy the very nice graphics without grossly exaggerating the failings of other sims that many of us spent hundreds of hours flying.

I will say that I'm impressed with the SU10 Beta and it's updates, which makes me wonder if the Asobo team is finally hitting its stride.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

13 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

DX12 in MSFS, something which your "Dark Ages" sims had or matched a long time ago? (P3D DX12, X-Plane Vulcan).

DX12 is not automatic and not the same DX12 in other sims, It is a library, with lots of options for the developers to choose from. you could in theory re-compile FSX against the DX12 API and it would still look the same "Dark Ages" as with DX 9, unless the developers implement all those fantastic graphic engine capabilities that only MSFS provides. proof: P3Dv5, compiled using DX12, and still looks like "Dark Ages".

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 7

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

How’s the blurry screens with DX12, are they fixed?

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 minute ago, omarsmak30 said:

How’s the blurry screens with DX12, are they fixed?

No. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

So I tried the PMDG 737 at KJFK on the ground at Gate F7 on both DX11 and DX12 Beta with DLSS Balanced and I get 0 difference in FPS

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Where there also content (world) Updates today? Maybe I have missed them ...and that causes my issues. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

19 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

So I tried the PMDG 737 at KJFK on the ground at Gate F7 on both DX11 and DX12 Beta with DLSS Balanced and I get 0 difference in FPS

And?

• Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

51 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

The latest BETA today costs me between 10 and 12 FPS, much higher VRAM and brings stutters with DX12.

Be aware that new shaders are being built. I suggest fly around and restart the game.

• Like 3

Roi Ben

5 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Be aware that new shaders are being built. I suggest fly around and restart the game.

I did a dx shader clean up

Flew about 30 min.

This included two sim starts

This was at non demanding area (LIRN)

And the performance loss is heavier at ground level interestingly

I'm the air it's 6 fps average less

Stutters are present (when cpu spikes)

No AIGAIM used

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Does the download take a while to start it's been over 10 minutes and it won't start downloading.  It says 0.0% downloaded.

Smoothest flight yet in this beta!, PMDG 737 KLAS -KDEN Both payware- RTX 2080 Super, i10900 CPU- Mostly High settings few Ultra- Clouds. RS set to 100. Vsync @ 50% of Monitor-so around 70 FPS. DX-11. No stutters or GPU spikes at all. From start to finish smooth as glass.

• Like 2

UPS123.png

3 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

Does the download take a while to start it's been over 10 minutes and it won't start downloading.  It says 0.0% downloaded.

Not for me, it started immediately. Steam version.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White