Sign in to follow this  
vbazillio

[Freeware] El Cajon Gillespie Field, CA (KSEE)

I'm just being curious here. Why is it that someone from France would spend a lot of time building a beautiful MSFS airport in California and give it away for free?  What is the motivation?  There seems to be a lot fewer MSFS airports available in France now compared to other countries.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

11 minutes ago, bofhlusr said:

I'm just being curious here. Why is it that someone from France would spend a lot of time building a beautiful MSFS airport in California and give it away for free?  What is the motivation?  There seems to be a lot fewer MSFS airports available in France now compared to other countries.

Because he's flown real world in SoCal and France.

• Like 4

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

4 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

There's currently 71 small French airfields over at simvol all for MSFS.  Actually I wish there were more central USA airports for MSFS...

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

4 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Because he's flown real world in SoCal and France.

True. 15 years ago bring me for the first time in US to fly and it was a eye-opener 😉 I fly in US as much as I can despite leaving in France (one example of flight trip departing from SD). Regarding, airport scenery in France, the community is quite active and small airfields, which are numerous, are being develop piece after piece and I took my little part with Toussus-Le-Noble one of my club home-base, Cosne-sur-Loire my first where my dad live and Le Touquet who's famous for Parisien french pilots. All available for free at flightsim.to

I spent time on these as a give back to the community who gave me already so much!

Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/uploads

3 hours ago, HughesMDflyer4 said:

Great work on the airport! Have you tried it with the SU10 beta?

I installed the SU10 Beta, just after building and publicly releasing version 1.0. I didn't want to build something with a Beta framework. And as you, I immediately notice that my Gillespie 1.0 missed a exclusion polygon. Some default buildings appeared in SU10 Beta which were invisible in SU9. I just sent a PM with 1.0.1 which is OK on my SU10 Beta. I'm also need some quick SU9 tester(s) for this 1.0.1 to validate that build on SU10 Beta still work on SU9. Just replace the whole v1.0 by a new 1.0.1  that I'll share. Anyone?

• Like 1

Vincent B.

On 7/23/2022 at 12:22 AM, sd_flyer said:

Will dig out what I can!

It seems I have started OceanSide Municipal Airport KOKB 🙂 I got it for the big white one ! See below:

K5uZE56.jpeg

... but I don't have the 3 small lines of the yellow one

iSSJRpn.jpeg

... And I would love to have a texture for this one:

TqqoRDo.png

Vincent B.

1 hour ago, vbazillio said:

It seems I have started OceanSide Municipal Airport KOKB 🙂 I got it for the big white one ! See below:

K5uZE56.jpeg

... but I don't have the 3 small lines of the yellow one

iSSJRpn.jpeg

... And I would love to have a texture for this one:

TqqoRDo.png

If my memory serves correct it one of noise sensitive area signs. Will try to find out more

http://www.oceansidemunicipalairport.com/assets/OKB_Traffic_Pattern_2012.pdf

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

What can I say but a big THANK YOU for giving San Diego so much love!  I am lucky to have so much of my home town covered so well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Thank you vbazillio, love seeing airports in my native/birth city, oh and Oceano too!

Darryl

• Upvote 1

x8LWE15.jpeg

Version 1.0.1 is available, thank you all for your feedback!

• Bug fix (extra objects, wrong light pole at SAA…)
  • Fix Helipad Transient and Circle Air
  • Exclusion of autogenerated buildings within the airport area
  • Correction of missing building at Safari Aviation
  • Minor improvements: enhancement of Gillespie cafe
  • Remove of unexpected and useless out-of-the field objects
  • Compatibility SU10 Beta b

suV9Qki.jpeg

• Like 1

Vincent B.

Vincent, your airfields are top notch.  I fly them all the time.  Can't thank you enough!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

--- Jim  ---

The airport itself is a masterpiece. Unfortunately, some trees and rocks in close distance look really bad (because of photogrammetry?). Sitting at Parking #10 looking North, it is very strong visible and kills the atmosphere of this beautiful airport. Is it possible from developers side to exclude PG around the airport, I don't want to turn of PG in general.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).