Sign in to follow this  
jimcarrel

Flysimware's Cessna 414 2.8.0 update

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

So I was on SU10 beta. Then because of some CTD's I went back to SU9. And now I can't figure out why the PMS50 displays are blank even though I've got avionics on. Any suggestions?

Do you have the correct model loaded?  In other words, there is a C414 for the PMS, and a C414 for the TDS GTNXi, and a C414 for the 530 etc.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

2 minutes ago, Mace said:

Do you have the correct model loaded?  In other words, there is a C414 for the PMS, and a C414 for the TDS GTNXi, and a C414 for the 530 etc.

I'm not really sure what you mean. Isn't there just one GTN50 to download?

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Just now, Cpt_Piett said:

I'm not really sure what you mean. Isn't there just one GTN50 to download?

No.  I mean from the aircraft selection screen in MSFS...there are different models to load, one for the PMS unit, one for the TDS unit, one for the straight GNS530.

Rhett

1 minute ago, Mace said:

No.  I mean from the aircraft selection screen in MSFS...there are different models to load, one for the PMS unit, one for the TDS unit, one for the straight GNS530.

I see what you mean. Thanks! 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

Just now, Cpt_Piett said:

I see what you mean. Thanks! 

That is good.  It looks like YOU are in command now, Admiral Piett

• Upvote 1

Rhett

5 minutes ago, Mace said:

That is good.  It looks like YOU are in command now, Admiral Piett

Lol 😂 I am. I mean.. I was. Until that incident at Endor. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

New update is out, didn't want to start a new thread. 

V 3.3.1 Hotfix

NEW FEATURES:

1. New Light is now integrated into the Flysimware's C414AW Chancellor. This updates and improves all exterior lighting.

NOTE: New Light is now integrated into the Flysimware's C414AW Chancellor. This updates and improves all exterior lighting. Important that if you already have the - z-Newlight-settinglight-C414A folder in your sims community folder you need to remove this folder to prevent conflict as it's now already included by default. Feel free to keep using the New Light addon for other aircraft which will require these folders..... z-Newlight-effects-Light(essential) or z-Newlight-effects-Flare(optinal) and the folder for the aircraft.

UPDATES:

1. Unfortunately we renamed our product manufacture name from Cessna flysimware. This means all 3rd party addons that use our folder structure name will have to be updated so it can link correctly to the aircraft file location.

• Like 1

3.3.1, works a treat, installed yesterday.

Be nice to receive emails.

Regards Brian 

BJ from Oz

On 7/28/2022 at 8:04 PM, Cpt_Piett said:

After seeing Into the Blue Simulations review I'm tempted to get this. Instead of the Milviz 310R. 

I just love the 414.

• Like 1

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, af1134 said:

I just love the 414.

I agree, it’s excellent. For some reason I never caught the C310 bug.

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I agree, it’s excellent. For some reason I never caught the C310 bug.

I have both and I enjoy both, but I have to say I spend a lot more time in the 414. I really am not sure what it is about this aircraft but just feels to me like I am actually flying when I am in it, the landings in particular.

• Like 1

Dan Scott

Same here, love the 414. It just does everything right and is such a joy to fly.

The BAe146 is the same way, a real joy to fly.

Those two are the only planes I fly as of now.

Also, VR is just spectacular with both these planes. 

Both developers got it right imho. 

Can't wait for my next flight...😁

• Like 1

Many 414 updates this week, I can barely keep track of the changes. Not complaining though 🙂

• 22nd Oct 3.3.1
  • 25th Oct 3.3.2
  • 26th Oct 3.3.3 hotfix (NOTE: No hurry to get this copy if you do not use the interactive checklist as this got fixed for this hotfix. There should be no more updates for a while so enjoy the product.)

V 3.3.3 Hotfix

UPDATES:

1. Do to all the folder changes we forgot to update the interactive checklist back to the original folder name structure. Sorry for all the recent hotfixes but we are dealing with outside forces and we have to remove trademark names. 

V 3.3.2 Hotfix

NEW FEATURES:

1. The tablet checklist page now has clickable spots for each checklist stage starting after the walkaround stages that opens to a new page showing you a static checklist for that particular stage. Click anywhere on the page to return to the checklist main page or use the menu tabs below.

UPDATES:

1. New Light got updated. We removed the flare effect from all the lights except the strobes. This looks good when it flashes. So now it was just as before except we have improved light quality from New Light and the only flare effect is the strobes now. 

2. The renaming of the folder structure was put back to the original name and so all 3rd party addons will continue to work without updating. This was put back because we can't change our package name and only the title name. 

I seem to spend more of my time updating everything rather than flying!😄 It's a ritual every time I fire up my PC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

I seem to spend more of my time updating everything rather than flying!😄 It's a ritual every time I fire up my PC.

Same. The more payware and hardware addons I have the more time I spend updating them (I have a LOT, probably too many, lol).

Example: I spent probably about an hour today updating to the latest 414 version, then downloading some freeware liveries that got updated due to the recent 414 changes. Then a lot of time updating a Honolulu scenery package - the zip file is 11GB 😅

• Like 1