Sign in to follow this  
Biology

X-Plane 12 Trailer: Citation X

On 8/2/2022 at 6:27 PM, ryanbatc said:

Overall looks pretty decent.  Hope the FMS works at least for basic LNAV/VNAV.  I don't need everything functioning but basic operations should work.  I'll definitely be buying XP12.

The avionics would be my main concern for this plane. If LR really includes an excellent Proline package, it would really be fantastic. The exterior visuals are very secondary for me. Toto’s 650 really raised the bar for this class of jet. It’s hard to know what to expect with a free default aircraft but grateful for the effort. Looking forward to XP12 for sure.

• Like 1

The video was well done and the plane seems like a good one to get more XP11 users to upgrade.

The sim visuals are lacking for me, but I sincerely hope that it flies well and that XP12 customers enjoy it.

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 8/2/2022 at 2:10 PM, Fizzelle said:

The front wheels look to be floating above the ground as it taxis to its parking spot

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/270188-the-citation-x-in-x-plane-12-–-official-trailer/&do=findComment&comment=2387585

• Upvote 2

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

On 8/2/2022 at 11:27 PM, ryanbatc said:

Overall looks pretty decent.  Hope the FMS works at least for basic LNAV/VNAV.  I don't need everything functioning but basic operations should work.  I'll definitely be buying XP12.

Yes, can't wait to buy it!

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Gawd...you gotta love MSFS, JUST for what 'kick in the pants'... (and I feel because of it...) we are going to be getting with XP12!!!!

"SOLD, baby, SOLD!".....

• Like 1

Like most here I have been looking forward to XP12 since the first announcement. I Love 11.5 and have returned to it after some bling time in MSFS.

Coming back to XP11 the one thing that drives me nuts are the jaggy shadows esp in the cockpit and I'd hoped that XP12 would have left those behind but after watching the Citation X trailer above all sensational EXCEPT the jaggy shadows are still there at 1:07 😞 

I will still buy it  - but the absence of a fix means when I want to fly I will have to make a choice between MSFS with a sensational world and clouds but very ordinary flight dynamics or XP12 finally with great weather, water, realistic flight dynamics but the dreaded jaggies I have been trying to leave behind for years.

Win 10 Pro 64bit - CPU Intel i7 9700K 5.1GHz - Cooler Noctua NH-D15 - MoBo Asus Z390 Aorus Master - RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 2800 15-15-15-35 - GPU Asus Cerberus GTX 1070Ti - A8Gb - Drives 3 x 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro M2 NvMe

2 hours ago, PBest said:

Coming back to XP11 the one thing that drives me nuts are the jaggy shadows esp in the cockpit

If I recall correctly, they can be easily fixed by changing a dataref (for example with a simple Lua script). The hi-res shadows could be more performance intensive than the default ones, so probably a good GPU is advisable.

Google for the fix.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

4 minutes ago, Murmur said:

If I recall correctly, they can be easily fixed by changing a dataref (for example with a simple Lua script). The hi-res shadows could be more performance intensive than the default ones, so probably a good GPU is advisable.

Google for the fix.

If it's so easy to fix with a simple script and has no disadvantages, why wouldn't Laminar just fix it?

I noticed that too in the video but I initially thought it might be because of an old alpha version. Reading this really makes me wonder if they actually DID NOT improve their shadows, that would be very ouch.

• Like 2

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

1 hour ago, rka said:

If it's so easy to fix with a simple script and has no disadvantages, why wouldn't Laminar just fix it?

I don't know. Any flight sim that I ever remember has had many simple fixes or tweaks that, by choice or chance, didn't make it to the released product.

Anyway the disadvantage should probably be more GPU power needed for the same performance.

• Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

7 hours ago, PBest said:

Coming back to XP11 the one thing that drives me nuts are the jaggy shadows esp in the cockpit

I have tried this and it works remarkably well.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, rka said:

2 possible reasons I can think of.

It has potential consequences that would increase support calls if it was default.

or

no one asked them to make it default.

Edited by mSparks
  • Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer

Or it's left alone because they know people just love to tinker and "get one over" the programmers!

On 8/12/2022 at 11:37 AM, rka said:

"OMG guys y are my framerates so bad pls help!!!!!!"

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

1 hour ago, Bjoern said:

"OMG guys y are my framerates so bad pls help!!!!!!"

That makes no sense considering all the other options that will tank your FPS. With that argument, they shouldn't have any options at all... that is the whole point of options. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

On 8/15/2022 at 8:40 PM, Sethos said:

That makes no sense considering all the other options that will tank your FPS. With that argument, they shouldn't have any options at all... that is the whole point of options. 

You know that, I know that, most X-Plane users know that. Yet there's always some poodlebrains who just fail to count 1 and 1 together and come a-crying to the forums about it time after time.

Edited by Bjoern
  • Like 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days