Sign in to follow this  
SuperKaro2014

FS Birds update

I have a few of the South Oaks FS Birds packages and noticed a large update to them yesterday in the Marketplace.

My first experience after the update is that there are now a lot more birds... even a bit too many. They seem to be everywhere! But then again I have never flown a plane myself in real life so can’t really judge.

I also noticed that a lot of the birds zipping by had this shimmering ghost trail after them, which makes them look like something out of Stranger Things.

Has anyone else noticed changes due to the update?

The pigeons are a lot faster now 🙂

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

10 minutes ago, SuperKaro2014 said:

I have a few of the South Oaks FS Birds packages and noticed a large update to them yesterday in the Marketplace.

My first experience after the update is that there are now a lot more birds... even a bit too many. They seem to be everywhere! But then again I have never flown a plane myself in real life so can’t really judge.

I also noticed that a lot of the birds zipping by had this shimmering ghost trail after them, which makes them look like something out of Stranger Things.

Has anyone else noticed changes due to the update?

This could just be me, but my main CPU thread takes a real hammering when using the UK birds set, going from ~23msec to ~30msec when locked at 32fps. So decided to stop using it.

Maybe this update has improved this...

1 hour ago, SuperKaro2014 said:

even a bit too many

Like, Alfred Hitchcock too many? 😂

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SuperKaro2014 said:

100% and they are flocking, mate! 😂

I'll bring my umbrella then so 😁

actually iff i recall right, there werent that many birds at all. More that they had a serious attitude problem. (and yes it is a slow day here)    🙂

I sent them a personal review and said I was very dissatisfied with the animation quality in particular.  They said they are working on this.  Does this update seem to be different from the original release in this regard?

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

😎thats nice  😊 like all i mean is what part of the animation is not so good .

i have not got this so cannot comment on the original release.

but it is good that they are working on this, but did you not look at it before you bought it, iff you did not buy it then disregard.

Edited by icewater5

1 hour ago, icewater5 said:

😎thats nice  😊 like all i mean is what part of the animation is not so good .

i have not got this so cannot comment on the original release.

but it is good that they are working on this, but did you not look at it before you bought it, iff you did not buy it then disregard.

Not very realistic, lacking in variety, birds that sit in a group pecking on the tarmac and you can roll right over them and their they sit.  I did look at their screenshots but really didn't get a feel for it until I bought it.  I really like the idea but I don't believe it matches the quality of the rest of MSFS.  I wouldn't buy another region until they improve the models and animations.  

• Like 2

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

The animations and variety are better since the update. I did have realistic expectations when I bought it so was not disappointed as a result. The trick is not to go looking for birds but to forget they are there. Then when you notice some gulls circling beneath you one day it does add something to the overall experience and make you smile. 

Edited by St Mawgan
  • Like 4

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

8 hours ago, St Mawgan said:

The trick is not to go looking for birds but to forget they are there. Then when you notice some gulls circling beneath you one day it does add something to the overall experience and make you smile. 

Yes, it's unfortunate you really shouldn't look directly at them because it speaks to their quality or lack thereof, but I agree as long as you don't focus on them they do add some value.  Gulls to me are the best looking of the animations.

Noel

Did they model the bird t&^d.  If I can't risk the chance of a poop on the windshield, I'm out!  

LouP 🙂

Edited by LouP
  • Like 1