Sign in to follow this  
SquadronLeader

Fenix A320 Ground Services

I have just been watching a 'cold and dark' start up tutorial on youtube - and on the external view, I could see luggage being loaded and a fuel truck refuelling the A320. Is this something which can be activated within The Fenix (as you can with the PMDG 737) or is it an external programme?

George Westwell

Yup, all from within the Fenix app on the EBC

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

When commanded from the EFB, the Fenix system will "load" the airplane with passengers, cargo and fuel, but there is no visual representation at this time. Any vehicles you are seeing in the video are generated elsewhere -- most likely the MSFS built-in services.

Thanks guys.

I know you can load the cargo, passengers and fuel via the Fenix EFB, and I guess I was not clear in that what I saw on the tutorial was a visual representation of baggage being loaded and the fuel cart in position, and that is what I am trying to be able to do. PMDG simulate both, and having seen it on the video with actual bags going up the loader - like you use to get in GSX for P3D/FSX - I was curious as to whether I was missing a trick or it was a third party programme.

George Westwell

Maybe you need to be at a gate with cars available?  If your at a gate with no support equipment, the EFB will send the command to the sim, but will not trigger the non existent vehicles. 

• Like 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

26 minutes ago, Alcides Segovia said:

Maybe you need to be at a gate with cars available?  If your at a gate with no support equipment, the EFB will send the command to the sim, but will not trigger the non existent vehicles. 

I believe this is the case. I've experienced both all of the ground support vehicles and just the GPU and stairs. At least the stairs never failled 🙂

Anyway it makes no difference if one is in a hurry and opts for "instant" load, instead of short or realistic.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hi,

If you want to have 3D vehicles ( baggage cart, catering truck, fuel loader) during loading, you will have to call them and over using ATC window or another plugin. 

That is a pity you can not have them to appear automatically while loading through the EFB, or even manually.

We need GSX !!!

Pierre

56 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Several people from Fenix already have the GSX Beta.

You've made not just my day, but at least a whole week! 💓

1 hour ago, virtuali said:

GSX Beta

Sounds promising. Can we expect it to be available before the winter or maybe even by the autumn (pssst...I've just moved to your neck of the woods in Ticino...you can trust me, I won't tell 😂)?

1 hour ago, steve310002 said:

Can we expect it to be available before the winter or maybe even by the autumn

We are fairly confident (barring unexpected issues) it should be out this month.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, SquadronLeader said:

I have just been watching a 'cold and dark' start up tutorial on youtube - and on the external view, I could see luggage being loaded and a fuel truck refuelling the A320. Is this something which can be activated within The Fenix (as you can with the PMDG 737) or is it an external programme?

It's part of the standard sim.  It needs to be an aircraft that needs such services, but, as long as you go to the specific gate that the ATC Ground Services tells you to, then when you arrive at the gate, the ATC menu will have the Ground Services listed as an option.

For the baggage, make sure your cargo doors are open.  Also for the catering truck it will usually need one of the appropriate doos to be open.

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

5 hours ago, virtuali said:

We are fairly confident (barring unexpected issues) it should be out this month.

Fantastic news! 

Hi !

How do you set the ground services with GSX PRO ?

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

I really like the way PMDG has its own ground services coming with the aircraft and can be operated via FMS (I hope we will be able to operate them through EFB when it's released). I also have my custom skins for the PMDG ground equipments. I don't need GSX for PMDG. 

If Fenix also had its own ground services that could be operated via EFB, that would be perfect.

• Like 1

Murat Okay

Turkish Virtual Airlines

Senior Captain

www.turkishvirtual.com