Sign in to follow this  
St Mawgan

Famous Flyer 3

20 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

I've got a basic one but ideally I'd like to get that off white almost cream look for the fuselage.  We'll see.

Thank you Ryan!!  It’s gorgeous and VERY 1970s and I think I know the cream you speak of it’s very nice.

I've got an addition to my favorite red and blue livery but am having issues with some gauges not being displayed when I hide the dynamic tail number.  If anyone has any ideas on how to do this let me know!

I have added a panel.cfg and used the lines:

[VPainting11]
size_mm    = 1900, 620
texture    = RegistrationNumber_e2
location = exterior
painting00=CustomRegistration/CustomRegistration.html?font_style=l4&font_color=0x040404&font_scale=1, 0, 0, 0, 0

This perfectly hides the dynamic reg but also kills off the gauges in the cockpit - also I tried using double spaces between quotes in the ATC ID line in aircraft.cfg but then the entire plane won't even load in the sim... it's weird!  I'm trying to hide the dynamic reg and include my custom hand done one instead.

52297261911_775fd280bb_k.jpgrealtailnum by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

52297286678_c0358e5820_k.jpgpanel by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Edited by ryanbatc
  • Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

35 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

🤣 Well I find that this one is not the easiest to land. I managed to bring the speed down to around 75kts before touchdown, and it turned out quite good. 

Am I really that good? I find it very satisfying to land. Nice flare and doesn't squirrel all over the runway. The mains touching down make odd 'gravelly' sounds. Would prefer a 'chirp'. 😉

• Like 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Entering anything into the 530 is a challange going back to FSX. 

I can see how it would be much simpler in an RL unit.

sp

24 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Am I really that good? I find it very satisfying to land. Nice flare and doesn't squirrel all over the runway. The mains touching down make odd 'gravelly' sounds. Would prefer a 'chirp'. 😉

You are good.  As long as you don't get slow or put it into a steep bank with poor coordination it's great.  I actually got it into a steep spiral last night....  And no parachute to pull...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Well my first landing in the V35B was way better than the first landing in the C310R. In the latter case the plane pretty much fell onto the runway..

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Just now, Cpt_Piett said:

In the latter case the plane pretty much fell onto the runway

There was much rending of raiments and tearing of hair over that. Despite protestations of it being 'realistic', it was fixed and while it still needs a bit of thought, it will behave itself. In fact a very enjoyable plane. 👍

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

35 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Entering anything into the 530 is a challange going back to FSX. 

I can see how it would be much simpler in an RL unit.

sp

It's possible to enter a flight plan, but it's tricky to activate an approach. A USR waypoint will be created, and so far I haven't been able to go directly to the approach. So let's wait for the 530 update later this autumn. I'm sure it'll be great! Meanwhile it's always possible to go back to FSX, lol 😂 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

Just now, Ron Attwood said:

In fact a very enjoyable plane. 👍

That I can agree on 100% 😁 I'm thinking it's probably even better than the 414, which up until now I've regarded as the best payware GA (just got the 310 today).

Noticed a fuel tank discrepancy. In sim it’s only 22 gallons per side, the placard shows 37 useable per side. Caught me off guard using in FSE with the fsuipc client.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

3 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

I love the lack of “squirreling” all over the runway too (was never sure of the verb for it, but you nailed it...Just Flight (other than Warrior) and other Carenados seem subject to it..where you land nice and straight and smooth and slow and the plane begins veering wildly from side to side.

THIS Carenado doesn’t have that quality..I’m in love!

And I hope you, Mr. Atwood, are inspired to give us some swell real-world repaints for this beauty.

6 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

This caught my eye... I have been coming in at 80 kts (or more) and wondering why the nose wheel would not stay on the ground.. 🤫

Bert - I got my PPL endorsement on this lady back in 1974 - and flew her quite a bit - and she didnt like landing the nosewheel too soon  - and would sometimes bounce the nose back - and 60 to 70 knots was my norm eventually

She reminded me of my own PA-32 - very heavy on the controls - landed like a brick

Notice how high in the nose  she sits on the ground - and no load on the strut - almost at stall position on the ground

• Like 2

• Like 4

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

On 8/18/2022 at 2:22 PM, ryanbatc said:

you can tell it's not their very best work though (but I don't expect the same quality as their regular models like the upcoming PC12)

I wanted to quote myself here to explain a few things.  I don't want to steer people away - in fact the more I fly this the more it is becoming one of my favorites.  I like how it handles, I like the stall horn when I touchdown (it sounds like the BE24 I fly irl!).  The perf numbers seem to be basically spot on!  I don't know if they have a third party from Carenado doing the flight model or if they are just getting the knack of things here in this sim - but the flight model is excellent imo.  I've even gotten into a steep spiral.  

About the textures....strangely enough it's not the cabin or exterior that I first noticed.  It is the clarity of the gauges.  It's just not the greatest.  Flysimware has set the latest standard for highest quality general aviation cockpit gauges.  FSW and Carenado are neck and neck for cabin texturing though.

Even as I write all of this - we're talking about a 15 USD addon.  Seriously go buy this addon now if you enjoy GA, and even if you don't.  It's good.  It has character!  And again, WT's working their magic on the GNS530 - it'll be similar to what we had from RXP in P3D/FSX.

This is as close to a 1:1 as I could get between the two.  I know Carenado's texture res is higher than P3D of course, but the gauges seem to have come out of P3D with an upscale.  FSW has done it better.  Everything is a touch sharper.  I look forward to the PC12 from Carenado to see if they can edge out FSW (or maybe A2A will reign again - I've seen their PA24 cockpit previews - ooooofda!)

52296922697_100b458953_k.jpgBE35PanelHiRes by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

52297914608_b9f96e1ed4_k.jpgC414PanelHires by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |