Sign in to follow this  
FilbertFlies

PREVIEW: GSX for MSFS

Good morning all! I've just uploaded my pre-release review video thingy about GSX. I say "review video thingy" cos it's a bit of a mish mash to be honest - part introduction to what GSX is, part 'how to' video, and part review. Anyway, it's 40 minutes of (I hope) useful insight into the product. Let me know what you think. 🙂

Cheers,
Alexis

• Like 14

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

Not watching 1 video. I want to find out for myself. Hurry Umberto. Please release it... lol 

tpewpb-6.png

Thank you very much for this great video, Alexis.
As always, unbiased and very informative.
And your nice British accent and humor make it even more enjoyable to watch.
👍

GSX looks fantastic in MSFS despite the few small issues. It's incredibly complicated software and I'm sure it will improve over time.

• Like 5

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Thanks for this Vid - great job done here !

What a amazing Addon, can't wait, sutch beautiful details for Animation and everything else, just stunning what the Dev's

worked out with this..😍

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.22H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Great video and thanks for sharing. As everyone else here I am looking forward the release of GSX.

just one question, either for you or for Umberto: on the Fenix you start  the progressive refuelling via the Fenix EFB load page clicking the Load Aircraft button. However in the Fenix this button triggers also the passengers boarding and cargo load.. how do you handle this ? Board passengers and load cargo via GSX first and then refuel using GSX triggered by aircraft EFB button ? If so, does GSX knows the right payload for the flight ?

thanks

ezio

Edited by Eziocin

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Are the FBW A320, HD 787 and Salty B748 all configured within GSX (I have seen the B 787 used in one video but cannot remember having seen the others), are refueling and doors operational or not? Thank you to please clarify.

Edited by Bernard Ducret

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

My questions regarding GSX revolve around how it will work with PMDGs 737. Will we need to save the 737 in a 'clean' state, without stairs or baggage buggies so that the GSX ones can take those spaces?

How dos GSX work with airports that have lots of gate-side static objects already? Do the moving GSX vehicles just move through the scenery or can we configure paths to go around the static objects? 

Hoping modders will release downloadable airport specific updates in a similar way to RAAS files, to save us all having to make the same adjustments

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Eziocin said:

Great video and thanks for sharing. As everyone else here I am looking forward the release of GSX.

just one question, either for you or for Umberto: on the Fenix you start  the progressive refuelling via the Fenix EFB load page clicking the Load Aircraft button. However in the Fenix this button triggers also the passengers boarding and cargo load.. how do you handle this ? Board passengers and load cargo via GSX first and then refuel using GSX triggered by aircraft EFB button ? If so, does GSX knows the right payload for the flight ?

thanks

ezio

Interested to hear about this too! I suppose you could let GSX do its thing and then use the Fenix INSTANT load option to actually load things properly, but that would be a bit odd and a waste of what GSX could do. BTW I did read in another topic that the dev of GSX send a pre-release copy to Fenix hoping they would work together on getting things working right. Let's hope that works out well.

39 minutes ago, Eziocin said:

thanks

ezio

This needs proper integration by the Fenix devs. Until then I'd say when the GSX fuel truck arrives, just hit "load aircraft" and don't mind that the passengers also come (you won't see them anyway). Then later just board with GSX, which will only be visual of course. That's what I had to do on P3D with the PMDG aircraft: Load the pax in the FMC right after start for the actual weight and then board via GSX later for the visuals. PMDG would not let GSX change W&B, that's why I'm saying a proper integration (like with FSL) is necessary for GSX to have more an actual effect on the aircraft fuel and/or load.

What's with this passenger models? They are the same ones that are used in almost every single airport addon that has animated passengers in the terminals. It would be nice to see new models to be a bit less repetitive. They are a well traveled bunch, that's for sure.

I am watching the video right now, great vid, very interesting, but just as with previous video's I have seen I am beginning to wonder if the GSX-people aren't a bit too big...? They often don't really fit the doors and it also seems they make the plane look rather small. Things seem to be out of proportion somehow. Am I the only one noticing this? I don't suppose GSX comes with a scale setting that enables you to scale everything down with a slider...? 😉

28 minutes ago, chickster25 said:

My questions regarding GSX revolve around how it will work with PMDGs 737. Will we need to save the 737 in a 'clean' state, without stairs or baggage buggies so that the GSX ones can take those spaces?

There's custom code specific with PMDG in GSX, which will automatically send away all PMDG vehicles and will wait for them to disappear before starting its service. It's doing this by sending standard command to the FMC, so it's completely safe and doesn't require any hacks, since in the end it's the airplane itself that is sending away the vehicles, just as if you clicked the options yourself.

This, if the vehicles are there when you call GSX.

If you save your Panel State with the vehicles already gone, call it something like "GSX", and recall it before start, you won't have to wait about 30 seconds each time, which is the time the PMDG vehicles take to clear the aircraft. I think it's possible to make a certain panel state to be the default.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

What's with this passenger models? They are the same ones that are used in almost every single airport addon that has animated passengers in the terminals. It would be nice to see new models to be a bit less repetitive. They are a well traveled bunch, that's for sure.

For me not necessary.

5 hours ago, virtuali said:

not sure what happened to you with the Fenix parking brakes, but assure you they work, there several videos out there with the Fenix showing that.

Umberto,

Filbert was using the FBW A32N in that small sequence, not the Fenix.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitor: 32” ASUS PG32UCDM 240hz 4K | Additional Hardware: HP Reverb G2, TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models