Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

New Small Update SU-10 Beta

2 hours ago, rka said:

Like in LRs case, the boss says he doesn't care about nor do anything except flight model himself.

By now, that's the only thing they can do: find their product a niche.

Because you can acquire aviation knowledge and improve the flight model and aircraft realism but you cannot have PG and texture streaming without Bing and Azure infrastructures.

You can improve the graphics as much as you want with local assets and textures (as they did apparently with XP12) but you could never compete with MSFS graphics realism on a global scale, and those who prioritize graphics will choose MSFS anyway.

Edited by MrFuzzy
  • Like 8

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

4720136-Seneca-the-Younger-Quote-If-you-

"non scholae, sed vitae discimus" also Seneca,

the original developer of the famous Piper aircraft.

in other words: learn from others. This type of learning is called social learning, and it has to do with the people around you. That is, you learn from and about others by watching and interacting with them. For example, seeing someone else's mistakes may teach you to avoid falling into the same trap.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

On 8/23/2022 at 9:53 AM, mrueedi said:

This is not true at all. Show a single screenshot of an airport without a building.

The rest of your post just showes that you must talk about something else than MSFS...

Try Santa Ynez, California (KIZA).   Or Abilene, Texas (KABI).   No airport buildings at all at KIZA and almost all hangars at KABI are missing.   I can give you hundreds more examples if you need them.   This scenery engine flaw alone is impossible to miss unless you're specifically NOT looking for it, and this applies to almost everyone contributing to this thread.   See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil as far as the mainstream fanbase is concerned, whether it be flight physics or scenery.  If this weren't true, Microsoft would've never gotten back into flight simulation in a situation where the majority of their customer base held them accountable for anything.  

You can tell the fanbase ANYTHING though and they'll eagerly rally behind you.   Just throw out some pseudo-technical drabble and pretend you're actually making fixes, then as the fanbase screams in approval, get back to making everything compatible with Xbox.   

Edited by hobart escin

13 hours ago, hobart escin said:

Try Santa Ynez, California (KIZA).   Or Abilene, Texas (KABI).   No airport buildings at all at KIZA and almost all hangars at KABI are missing.

You said half of all airports would have no buildings at all due to an algorithm flaw with the Blackshark AI interpreter. This is clearly totally wrong so even if you have a list with hundred such cases, the other 34900 airports or so have buildings. KABI does have have buildings, so it proves my point not yours. The AI interpreter is so good, that in MSFS even the most remote and tiniest airstripes have buildings. For example the little Crawford airfield near KIZA, ICAO 0CA3, does have buildings (despite being closed):

spacer.png

And not to forget: within 2 or 3 hours everbody can add the buildings as he likes to any airport using the only existing WYSIWYG scenery editor, which is inbuilt into any flightsim. To ease the pain for you, I did this today in very short time, have a look here:

KIZA - Santa Ynez Airport » Microsoft Flight Simulator

KIZA after touching it briefly with the scenery editor:

y4mpHKaseBCWOhKPgMM_Gtu0JhsG2yCyuFTjTqbp

• Like 11

I agree with mrueedi, I landed at 357* different airports and even many grass strips have buildings. Never landed at a proper airport without buildings.

*I know the exact number because "World traveler" is the last achievement left and I'm keeping track🙂

Despite the very low number of posts and their spirit, I want to give Hobart the benefit of the doubt and suggest him to reset all his settings pages to default and try to connect to different servers, this issue is very odd.

Edited by MrFuzzy
  • Like 5

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

And it's also the airport surroundings, the vegetation, the sounds... Everything is different once you're on the ground and I've not had a similar experience in any other sim. Even the tiniest dirt strip usually have something interesting, so suddenly a lot of these default airports are worth visiting. Heck, you could even land just about anywhere and it would feel special 🙂

• Like 5

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

37 minutes ago, mrueedi said:

You said half of all airports would have no buildings at all due to an algorithm flaw with the Blackshark AI interpreter. This is clearly totally wrong so even if you have a list with hundred such cases, the other 34900 airports or so have buildings. KABI does have have buildings, so it proves my point not yours. The AI interpreter is so good, that in MSFS even the most remote and tiniest airstripes have buildings. For example the little Crawford airfield near KIZA, ICAO 0CA3, does have buildings (despite being closed):

spacer.png

And not to forget: within 2 or 3 hours everbody can add the buildings as he likes to any airport using the only existing WYSIWYG scenery editor, which is inbuilt into any flightsim. To ease the pain for you, I did this today in very short time, have a look here:

KIZA - Santa Ynez Airport » Microsoft Flight Simulator

KIZA after touching it briefly with the scenery editor:

y4mpHKaseBCWOhKPgMM_Gtu0JhsG2yCyuFTjTqbp

I don't know how to interface with your logic here (he says pounding his head against the wall).   There are NO general aviation hangars at all in the default MSFS2020 KABI scenery, only maintenance hangars on the east side of the airport.   The FBO is a blank ramp.   Instead of acknowledging KIZA has no buildings or hangars whatsoever, as if this were one-off fluke in the sim, you quickly edit a new scenery for the area to prove I'm wrong, lol.  

So, wonderfully, your ultimate solution is to land someplace and break out the scenery editor if it's blank, and then continue to pretend there's not a problem with the A.I. airport building generator built-into the sim.  I mean, Lordy, even FSX managed to get this part right at  least. 

3 hours ago, hobart escin said:

I don't know how to interface with your logic here (he says pounding his head against the wall).   There are NO general aviation hangars at all in the default MSFS2020 KABI scenery, only maintenance hangars on the east side of the airport.   The FBO is a blank ramp.   Instead of acknowledging KIZA has no buildings or hangars whatsoever, as if this were one-off fluke in the sim, you quickly edit a new scenery for the area to prove I'm wrong, lol.  

So, wonderfully, your ultimate solution is to land someplace and break out the scenery editor if it's blank, and then continue to pretend there's not a problem with the A.I. airport building generator built-into the sim.  I mean, Lordy, even FSX managed to get this part right at  least. 

For a few small airports that aren't perfect? Uh... Yeah... Unless you can point me to another simulator that can do this...

Oh wait. It's horrible. MSFS put an extra lake in where there should have been a field. I'll just bin it now.

Or this...

I will purchase any other sim that you can show me that can do this the minute you send me the link. Otherwise, I think you're just in here with some kind of vendetta. Did Jorg or Sebastion steal your girlfriend? Sleep with your wife? Kick your dog? What is it?

• Like 7

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

hobart escin said:

"I mean, Lordy, even FSX managed to get this part right at  least."

that's why most simmers still keep FSX and haven't switched to MSFS.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 3

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Just a quick video showing the performance in latest SU10. Sorry, no fps counter. Just wanted to show how fluid and smooth the sim can be. I have no idea how the quality will be (used Xbox game bar 30fps highest quality) but my MSFS graphics settings are: 4K HDR 3840x2160 G-Sync all settings ultra

EDIT: Oh well. The point was to show how little stutters occur whilst panning around. But then the recording itself introduced stutters. I guess you just have to take my word for it then. I can hear Mr. Heisenberg laughing from his grave. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

13 minutes ago, turbomax said:

That's the reason to cling on to that old hector? Oh boy, at that point you are probably just being a contrarian that doesn't want to move on, not because you have any arguments or love of flight simming. 

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

9 minutes ago, turbomax said:

Hey... I didn't say what your quote says I said. Please edit.

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

16 minutes ago, turbomax said:

I don't know how to interface with your logic here (he says pounding his head against the wall). 

GcePYNE.gif

Edited by Cpt_Piett

There are NO general aviation hangars

Which is not what you were talking about. 

KIZA indeed had no buildings. It is the only airport I have ever seen in MSFS that was like this. Therefore I fixed it for you. For free. So one of 38000. Makes still 18999 for you to find that your initial statement would be correct. Your FSX comparison is ludicrous.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Even acknowledging the occasional (its pretty rare - KIZA is actually a bit of a fluke) airfield that has no buildings.. the base default scenery for the sim blows away anything available in the competition.  You can go anywhere on the planet and find a pretty decent representation of the area without putting anything special in your addon folder.  No planet-wide AI solution to building creation is going to get everything 100% correct, but Blackshark's attempt is much better than what we've had before.  If you look at the comparison videos above, there are trees and shrubs in the correct places .. an unmodded side by side with real photography speaks for itself on what they've achieved.

More importantly, the community that has grown up around MSFS is astounding.  I've been simming since FlightSim II and have spent years in XP, FSX, P3D and DCS, and have never seen the prolific nature of freeware mods as we see now in MSFS.  You can easily spend weeks grabbing user created mods all over the planet, the majority of which are better than the payware I was happy to buy for FSX.  Someone who lives in an area or is an expert in other ways will always have more to bring to the table than the AI, so this marriage of freeware mods with a solid AI base makes logical sense.  That doesnt imply that the AI process is inheirently flawed.  Its a much better starting place than having NOTHING until someone comes in and adds a mod afterall.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1