Sign in to follow this  
Virtual-Chris

What AI Traffic Solution?

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Simple Traffic is excellent at what it does, it is absolute plug n play, you'll never need to do a thing other than when AS updates it (which now I think is on it's 2nd or 3rd) you'll run their easy installer and it's done.  It has become very good at putting the right airlines in the right terminals--in large part.  I don't stare at the models anyway so if a nose is pointier than it ought to be it's out of my consciousness as I'm focused on piloting my own airlines using A Pilot's Life v2 which scores your piloting abilities on multiple criteria.  I use Simple Traffic alone w/ Real Time Online traffic in-sim and it works wonderfully.   MSFS ATC calls the Simple Traffic models by their correct liveries as well.  All in all, it's an excellent "simple" but highly effective solution and I highly recommend it.  If you like to fiddle around and configure everything and then grapple w/ issues w/ Sim Updates go ahead and dive in to AIG.

So... you are saying it's a good visual addon if you don't look too long/too much at it? I hope you are more demanding in your romantic life! 😄

Edited by Fiorentoni

14 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Thoughts?

I use AIG with MSFS Real-time online traffic. Works like a charm. This is from KMDW Chicago Midway.

g9Hk92z.jpg

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

26 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

This is from KMDW Chicago Midway

Just imagine if those SWA 737's were enormous A330's like you'd see with ST.  💩🙄  Immersion killer.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

3 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Just imagine if those SWA 737's were enormous A330's like you'd see with ST.  💩🙄  Immersion killer.

Geez whiz immersion all killed 🤣

spacer.png

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

2 minutes ago, Noel said:

immersion all killed

Yep. Real planes beat those low quality generics any day of any week.

That Pegasus in the back right, lmao, you'd never see that in KSEA.

Edited by Tuskin38

4 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Yep. Real planes beat those low quality generics any day of any week.

That's right, in a beauty pageant.  I'm focused on flying, I don't taxi around looking at the fine details of other aircraft I'm way too busy to care.  I understand it can have greater fidelity but truly I don't really care because for starters I don't fully appreciate all of what to expect at the many airports I find myself in worldwide.  I expect this is the case for most users.  

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

yeah,

the AIG word not allowed - always vociferous,

enjoy the AI that you actually have personally deployed,

call me simple if you like - & at the moment Simple Traffic does it for me as well as many others,

any objections?

Well, ST is a great little addon that you don't have to fuss with, but it can get some things very, very weirdly wrong lol. I don't mean in terms of aircraft type, I mean in the sense of seeing a SWA 737 in Cape Town. That boy got really lost.

Lately I use AIG - which is also not perfect, but it's fine for now.

Intel Core i7 8700k clocked to 4.6GHz, GTX1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSFS installed on NVMe drive, Windows 11, Dell 27" 60Hz Monitor + Dell 24" 60Hz Monitor. Resolution 1920x1080. Game Mode on, GPU scheduling enabled (Win11). MSFS settings: High-End for airlines, Ultra for GA.

11 hours ago, Noel said:

That's right, in a beauty pageant.  I'm focused on flying, I don't taxi around looking at the fine details of other aircraft I'm way too busy to care.

Then why have AI on at all?

17 hours ago, Noel said:

Geez whiz immersion all killed

When you know the difference of who's supposed to be at the airport and in what type it makes a HUGE difference. NONE of the AI in that screen should be in Seattle, except Lufthansa and Emirates but neither of them in A380s. It's really more comical than anything. Why use detailed addon airports in that case as well if details aren't important?

10 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

call me simple if you like - & at the moment Simple Traffic does it for me as well as many others,

Come on, you have never been anything near simple with your AI. I'm used to you saying that if you don't have all prepositioning or charters flights and near 100% accuracy of the fleet that it's word not allowed. This is a complete 180, with a  few MSFS AI 360's at the holding points thrown in. lol 😉

• Upvote 2

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

FSLTL won't take long anymore. That's all I can and will say about it....

LFMN-FSLTL-3.jpg

Screenshot_549.png

unknown.png

• Like 3

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

14 minutes ago, MaVe64 said:

You guys got permission to use those models and liveries yet?

42 minutes ago, MaVe64 said:

There’s definitely an opportunity for a product that has the setup of Simple Traffic with the accuracy of AIG… Unfortunately, the longer they take, the more invested folks like me get in AIG, the less opportunity there is. After I spend several days getting AIG setup, it’s unlikely I’m going to spend money on another solution no matter how easy it is. 

• Like 1

For those of you bickering about Simple Traffic vs AIG… you need to consider that different people have different priorities… Not everyone is going to share your priorities. 

I think I could see myself using either Simple Traffic or AIG and being happy with the trade-offs involved with either. 

Ultimately, it’s a shame that a company with the resources and clout that MS has, cannot or would not get a license for the majority of liveries and put a dozen different models (with low polygon counts) in the game for AI traffic. What’s the point of having real-time AI traffic with two or three models and zero liveries? Shame on you Microsoft!

14 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Ultimately, it’s a shame that a company with the resources and clout that MS has, cannot or would not get a license for the majority of liveries and put a dozen different models (with low polygon counts) in the game for AI traffic. What’s the point of having real-time AI traffic with two or three models and zero liveries? Shame on you Microsoft!

Jorg says they have several licensed AI ready models, but the trouble is getting permission from the various airlines to use their liveries. It isn't as easy as throwing money at the airline.

Edited by Tuskin38