Sign in to follow this  
flyingpauls

SU10 and Graphics rash

I had the 'your graphics driver' issue once a month ago in the beta. Reboot MSFS and the issue never came back in 100s of flights. The curing of the issue may or may not have been linked to the fact that I deleted the community folder mod that puts LilNavMap on the overhead bar, instead of a separate screen. That LilNavMap mod had stopped working long several sim updates before this anyway, so it was no loss to  remove it.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

28 minutes ago, jrw4 said:

Do you have any idea how it fails? I had no problem with it, except for the blurry glass screens using DLSS.

With PMDG? If I power up the plane PFD and MFD remain blank, I can only see FMC. I'm using DLSS on quality settings

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 minutes ago, hobart escin said:

LOL @all_of_you for thinking this update was going to work out.   🤣

Thanks.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

4 hours ago, Dankovic said:

Nope.... Beta forum is full of topics about this problem. It was not resolved during multiple builds... Not even acknowledged by devs.

Must've slipped through the cracks somehow.  Probably will get fixed immediately and never happen again.   Probably.  

(was going to start new thread, but thought I'd glom on here)

I got it running and VFR map working (thanks for the tip about community folder conflicts). However, I'm getting horrible FPS of 9. Yeah. 9

As you can see by my signature, I'm not running a lightweight system. And previous to this update, I averaged about 40 fps.

What can I do here? If I look at the FPS monitor it says I'm GPU limited. What a joke.

Does anyone have a clue I can buy?

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

1 minute ago, RichieFly said:

(was going to start new thread, but thought I'd glom on here)

I got it running and VFR map working (thanks for the tip about community folder conflicts). However, I'm getting horrible FPS of 9. Yeah. 9

As you can see by my signature, I'm not running a lightweight system. And previous to this update, I averaged about 40 fps.

What can I do here? If I look at the FPS monitor it says I'm GPU limited. What a joke.

Does anyone have a clue I can buy?

just a shot in the dark but maybe delete your shader cache? And I assume you did reboot your PC at least once after you installed SU10? also, DX11 or DX12 in case it matters

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

2 minutes ago, DAD said:

just a shot in the dark but maybe delete your shader cache? And I assume you did reboot your PC at least once after you installed SU10? also, DX11 or DX12 in case it matters

Yeah. Did that. And rebooted. I'll keep testing, but I'll admit I'm dismayed at all the issues I'm having.

And, I'm getting 9 FPS at the menu. Not even with an aircraft loaded. FMR

Edited by RichieFly

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

1 minute ago, RichieFly said:

admit I'm dismayed at all the issues I'm having.

fully understood. see me specs below in my sign, I'm far from 4k but limit my fps to 35 and MSFS is silky smooth w/ my 3060, so something must be wrong on your end

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

40 minutes ago, DAD said:

fully understood. see me specs below in my sign, I'm far from 4k but limit my fps to 35 and MSFS is silky smooth w/ my 3060, so something must be wrong on your end

Sorry 'bout polluting the thread...

I reinstalled the driver with 'clean install' selected and that did the trick. All better now. Too many changes in a single day I suppose. I also added and configured my new Stream Deck. Too many moving parts, but it's all gravy now.

• Like 1

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

I'm using DLSS on quality settings

Interesting. All I had with DLSS on the 737 was the blurries, so I just use TAA. Seems to work fine. I purchased a new system a few weeks ago and had, of course, to reinstall MSFS, etc. I decided never again to tweak the sim, NVIDIA control panel, and the like. Too many variables and too little knowledge on the part of those who recommend them. To me, at least, it all seems like snake oil.

Maybe the tweaking made sense in FSX (HIGHMEMFIX=1 will be engraved on many a tombstone) for which only two updates were published in a decade, but for MSFS, these regular updates make tweaking potentially problematic. 

Just one guy's opinion. YMMV.

• Upvote 1

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

The very first time I launched this version, I got that GPU message and a crash. Haven't seen one since.

I hope it works out that way for you guys.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

13 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

You should probably use DX 11 (I am guessing you are on the Game Ready Driver).

I AM using DX11!

Paul Schmidt

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Now did a complete flight without issues from LFST to EDDN in the updated Fenix. EDDN was the airport where the CTD happened before.

I think it is a problem with the data initialization. Maybe turning off the data cache helps?

Paul Schmidt

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

14 minutes ago, flyingpauls said:

Now did a complete flight without issues from LFST to EDDN in the updated Fenix. EDDN was the airport where the CTD happened before.

I think it is a problem with the data initialization. Maybe turning off the data cache helps?

Are you using add-ons? If you get issues like yours where it CTDs, you want to test MSFS without any add-ons. This means an empty Community folder, as well as removing MSFS marketplace add-ons as well. If you get the option to run MSFS in safe-mode, you can also run it in safe-mode as add-ons are supposed to be disabled in safe-mode.

Add-ons are the #1 cause of MSFS CTDing.  Even though the message you got doesn't appear to be related to add-ons, it could still be related to an add-on. Once you verify that MSFS runs without any problems without any of your add-ons, you can gradually add add-ons back, until you encounter a CTD again.  Then you can isolate and figure out which add-on is causing the CTD.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I got this CTD at the end of a series of flights yesterday. The sim stopped responding and an error message appeared. I was using DX12 and very high settings (perhaps too high). I never had the CTD while in the beta - but many reported it. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”