Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Nvidia Driver

What version Driver is recommended for SU10 and DX12?  I thought I read there was a new one but in my Nvidia Experience, the latest one is from August. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

517.40 studio driver not game ready , that one is not out yet

• Like 2

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

516.94 with DX12 and DLSS is working nicely for me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

despite this statement from NVIDA I am still holding back and determined to wait for the game ready driver

Whether you are playing the hottest new games or working with the latest creative applications, NVIDIA drivers are custom tailored to provide the best possible experience.  If you are a gamer who prioritizes day of launch support for the latest games, patches, and DLCs, choose Game Ready Drivers.  If you are a content creator who prioritizes reliability for creative workflows including video editing, animation, photography, graphic design, and livestreaming, choose Studio Drivers.  Do a little bit of both?  No worries, either can support running the best games and creative apps.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/drivers/#:~:text=If you are a gamer,and livestreaming%2C choose Studio Drivers 

• Like 4

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

35 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

516.94 with DX12 and DLSS is working nicely for me.

fenix is has unsharp displays for me. I need to zoom it extremely to get it sharp. Hope the new driver will fix it.

2 hours ago, 737_800 said:

fenix is has unsharp displays for me. I need to zoom it extremely to get it sharp. Hope the new driver will fix it.

No it won’t as the driver cannot distinguish between glass display and the rest. MS said they would try to mark the displays to exclude them from the DLSS magic but that is still on their to do list

Edited by DAD
  • Like 3

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Leave it to Nvidia to showcase MSFS for the new 4000 series but not release a driver on the same day for a game they showcased

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

9 minutes ago, styckx said:

Leave it to Nvidia to showcase MSFS for the new 4000 series but not release a driver on the same day for a game they showcased

Well, the 4000 series cards are not out until October.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 737_800 said:

Are you saying that all of them are fuzzy? On mine, only the altitude tape, and the numbers in a window ( like HDG, ALT, Nav radios, Com radios, etc.) get blurry when they are changing. The other 97% of the displays and gauges look great all the time. 

• Like 3

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

8 hours ago, prowler5150 said:

Based on their intended purposes, I wonder if the release of a driver version as a Studio driver before Game Ready was actually intentional.

For what reason then do you think?  I just think they do what they have to in whatever order they want.  It doesn't really matter much. 
I have used studio drivers on and off for years and they are fine.  Nobody would notice any difference if they were installed on their system I would bet, even in MSFS. 

There is a lot of BS talked about the studio drivers.  They may actually be better, and the 'bloat' thing is highly exaggerated. 
I would advise anybody to install them without a worry.  They really are not a problem, and are working great for me in SU10.  :biggrin:

• Like 6

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

12 hours ago, DAD said:

No it won’t as the driver cannot distinguish between glass display and the rest. MS said they would try to mark the displays to exclude them from the DLSS magic but that is still on their to do list

Also the buttons are unsharp I have the feeling. They knew it and release it nonetheless, even the update was postponed to avoid half-complete releases? What's the point in postponing an update release to make it better useable when it is not better useable?

https://ibb.co/R0d4D9V

Maybe I missed it but when will nvidia release the game ready driver? Will it happen the next days or weeks? Otherwise i am going to download the studio thing..

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

For what reason then do you think?  I just think they do what they have to in whatever order they want.  It doesn't really matter much. 
I have used studio drivers on and off for years and they are fine.  Nobody would notice any difference if they were installed on their system I would bet, even in MSFS. 

There is a lot of BS talked about the studio drivers.  They may actually be better, and the 'bloat' thing is highly exaggerated. 
I would advise anybody to install them without a worry.  They really are not a problem, and are working great for me in SU10.  :biggrin:

If we install the current studio drivers now and the game ready drivers come out a little later, we can still install the game ready drivers without a problem, right?

• Like 1

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

10 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

Also the buttons are unsharp I have the feeling. They knew it and release it nonetheless, even the update was postponed to avoid half-complete releases? What's the point in postponing an update release to make it better useable when it is not better useable?

https://ibb.co/R0d4D9V

Maybe I missed it but when will nvidia release the game ready driver? Will it happen the next days or weeks? Otherwise i am going to download the studio thing..

There is something wrong on your side. My buttons and labels never get blurry like that. I have clearly readable buttons and labels in all AA modes and in both DXs.

• Like 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

1 hour ago, ricka47 said:

If we install the current studio drivers now and the game ready drivers come out a little later, we can still install the game ready drivers without a problem, right?

That's right Rick.  You can over-write the studio driver with the game ready driver later, or do a clean install using something like DDU - but not really necessary, as they will simply install over the top.

I would say install the studio drivers and just leave them.  You will see no difference with the game ready ones if they come out, as it is the same fix, and they run at the same performance level.  The studio drivers are just more stable for professional graphics artists to use etc. but they are 99.9% the same.

The only reason to replace the studio drivers afterwards is if Nvidia do another update relating to MSFS sometime in the future.
You will notice no difference using the studio drivers, and the 'bloatware' thing is a bit of a myth.

@737_800  If the game ready drivers don't appear imminent, just download the studio ones - they are perfectly fine. 
I will say though that your issue looks more like a setup / configuration problem, but a new driver install might reset it for you, you never know.

• Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.