Sign in to follow this  
Silicus

FENIX Hotfix out

6 hours ago, WestAir said:

Johnny, my first landing with this patch was a -754 ft/min slammer. Taxi'd what's left of it back to the gate to be torn down for spare parts, lol. My second landing bounced so high I thought about going around but decided the safest place for my Fenix bus was on the ground.

Think I also struck an engine nacelle on take-off out of JFK. So far I've been having a rough time hand flying this plane.

Super fun though.

Try use the retard call out only as a guide and keep the power on a little longer depending on the situation ofc, also make sure your elevator axis is quite linear with a touch of curve.. try these.

I’ve been told by a friend who is a 320 pilot irl that they do often keep the power on a little longer after the retard call out… trying to also avoid the floater. It’s just a technique which I think would also be easier to master irl because of feel and height perception.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Try use the retard call out only as a guide and keep the power on a little longer depending on the situation ofc, also make sure your elevator axis is quite linear with a touch of curve.. try these.

I’ve been told by a friend who is a 320 pilot irl that they do often keep the power on a little longer after the retard call out… trying to also avoid the floater. It’s just a technique which I think would also be easier to master irl because of feel and height perception.  

I'll be honest, I'm a storm chaser and both landings were in conditions beyond max certified crosswind components. Night, rain, gusts, and vis below mins. They were wild rides and the Fenix flew far better than my aeronautical decision making. 😂

• Like 4

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

15 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

Not sure what if anything the Fenix does currently to work around and/or lessen these issues

did a couple of flights in the Fenix by now with latest hotfix and while the 320 is flyable there are some issue with the AP not climbing anymore as expected (used to?) and done before, autothrust is not keeping up fast enough with winds and vertical speeds, resulting in floor protection and then AP disconnected in 3 cases after departure, LGSK, LDSP and LIEO. but what bothers me most is that in any of the landings (which themselves were just fine) the 320 was behaving - once on the rwy - like I landed on ice, veering heavily until it breakes out and slips sideways to a hold, me trying to avoid trees and bushes left and right. just happened with some strong winds at LIEO. never saw that before, did not change any controller settings. anyway, will give it another try. until then...

...this is what Dave recently posted over at their discord:

specifically on flare/touchdown there are a couple of bugs we're working towards fixing as we speak

https://discord.com/channels/736572376967282769/976922620668805140/1024258171021295676

Edited by DAD
typo
  • Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I was climbing out of Malaga last night and just around 700 feet my flight plan completely disappeared with only the destination airport in the MCDU. That must be a bug as I have never experienced such a thing before. Also the autopilot isn't following the vnav profile, altitude and speed restrictions etc.

5 hours ago, Ridvan Celik said:

The 'retard' callout during a manual landing is a reminder, but most pilots do it before or after depending on the energy state.

The same callout during an autoland is an instruction, and except in fringe cases must be observed.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 2reds2whites said:

The 'retard' callout during a manual landing is a reminder, but most pilots do it before or after depending on the energy state.

The same callout during an autoland is an instruction, and except in fringe cases must be observed.

Right, didn't know this! I'll admit I've seen a few forums where they argue about if its a command or a reminder, but never got my head around it. I just yank them back gently as I flare, pretty much as the retard call out starts singing. 

22 minutes ago, DAD said:

did a couple of flights in the Fenix by now with latest hotfix and while the 320 is flyable there are some issue with the AP not climbing anymore as expected (used to?) and done before, autothrust is not keeping up fast enough with winds and vertical speeds, resulting in floor protection and then AP disconnected in 3 cases after departure

This sounds similar to the issue I posted about in the other Fenix thread, I had the issue on the two flights I’ve managed so far.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

My thought's and i am not a RWP. Initial climb seems very sluggish now, whether this is realistic or not i don't know. First time i had also hit alpha Floor on a take off. Again the climb to the flight level i was given (35k) was slow compared to before. Again whether this is realistic, only a RW A320 Pilot will know.

Gusts i thought were very realistic,.

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

On 9/25/2022 at 10:59 PM, RichieFly said:

I might.

I just did a quick flight around MSP and it was great. The wind was 310 @ 21 with gusts. Now, that was fun. I'm really liking the SU10.

I don't know if it's DX12 with DLSS, but I can now see the PAPI lights and the rotating beacon. Happy camper.

Uploaded. However, searching "Fenix A320", even with some time limits, yields so many videos, it is no surprise mine or yours has no visitors. Currently, I got 38. Does not matter. I do that for fun like most simmers.

Paul Schmidt

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

22 hours ago, regis9 said:

This sounds similar to the issue I posted about in the other Fenix thread, I had the issue on the two flights I’ve managed so far.

and must be something on their side, the CRJ behaves nice on touchdown and just trying the PMDG into KORL, will see in few minutes

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

6 minutes ago, DAD said:

and must be something on their side, the CRJ behaves nice on touchdown and just trying the PMDG into KORL, will see in few minutes

@DAD, if possible please try out autolands with x-wind, ideally gusting and within published limits for the type, in the PMDG 737-700 or any model and report how nicely it autolands and keeps rw centerline after touching down.

Yet another interesting reference is, OFC, the other Airbus - FBW A32N. I remember having experienced really smooth and uneventful autolands in the FBW under heavy but within operational limits crosswinds.

IMHO it's not only about the core physics model, or even the way wind gusts and the model of turbulence are implemented, bbut also a problem with the Fenix A320.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Hands down (all summed up) Best sim ever!!!

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

in the PMDG 737-700

no cross wind, actually quite some head wind when I just landed it at KORL RWY07, ground handling was perfect though AP didn't bring it down in time, overflew the threshold and had to bring it down manually even though I was nicely established on the ILS (BTW autoland could not be enabled, either I forgot something - ILS and CRS dialed on both sides- or it cannot be done with these 33kts headwinds?)

Screenshot-469.png

will try the very same route KEYW-KORL now in the Fenix

EDIT same in the Fenix pretty flawless, ILS established and even did not overshoot the threshold like the PMDG before. ground handling was really good, no veering of the rwy but ok, we had no x-winds.

Screenshot-473.png

Edited by DAD
  • Like 1

Phil Leaven

Lots of questions, a sneak preview at the (WIP!) changelog for the next update, due anytime in the next few days, might help provide some answers.

[SYSTEM]

- Fixed incorrect air/ground mix factor causing irrecoverable nose down elevator after a bounced landing

- Removed alpha-buffer pseudo-prot, causing issues with flare authority in certain conditions

[FM]

- Changed suspension geometry and setup to reduce bouncing, absorbing more energy on touchdown and subsequently sitting lower on the ground

- Added lift dumping to spoilers so the aircraft is more stable after touchdown in a crosswind

- Changed aircraft's crosswind and weathervaning characteristics 

- Adjusted wheel grip to prevent weight on wheels sideslip and/or unintended ice skating

Edited by Aamir
made my timeline less specific so people wouldn't yell if I missed it :D
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 4

Aamir Thacker

1 minute ago, Aamir said:

Lots of questions, a sneak preview at the (WIP!) changelog for the next update, due anytime in the next couple of days, might help provide some answers.

[SYSTEM]

- Fixed incorrect air/ground mix factor causing irrecoverable nose down elevator after a bounced landing

- Removed alpha-buffer pseudo-prot, causing issues with flare authority in certain conditions

[FM]

- Changed suspension geometry and setup to reduce bouncing, absorbing more energy on touchdown and subsequently sitting lower on the ground

- Added lift dumping to spoilers so the aircraft is more stable after touchdown in a crosswind

- Adjusted wheel grip to prevent weight on wheels sideslip and/or unintended ice skating

exellent, Amir, quite extensive list of exactly all the challenges I currently face with the Fenix

Phil Leaven

8 minutes ago, Aamir said:

Lots of questions, a sneak preview at the (WIP!) changelog for the next update, due anytime in the next few days, might help provide some answers.

[SYSTEM]

[FM]

Your communication here and at discord, incl. that of your team members, is excellent @Aamir. Even while I'm not able to test atm I can completely follow the status of the release and the product it's most important issues and solutions. 

Please keep it this way. I think lots of people like this. 

Marcus 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png