Sign in to follow this  
Silicus

FENIX Hotfix out

Last few flights in Fenix have been good for me now. No strange behaviours on approach or rollout. Great frame rates. 

MSFS does have a habit though of going bad every few flights, but never sure how much scenery, weather or world location influences this.

22H2 Update plus 517.48 and DX11, TAA.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

24 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Your communication here and at discord, incl. that of your team members, is excellent @Aamir. [...]

Please keep it this way. I think lots of people like this.

Agreed. It's really appreciated.

36 minutes ago, Aamir said:

Lots of questions, a sneak preview at the (WIP!) changelog for the next update, due anytime in the next few days, might help provide some answers.

[...]

Thanks @Aamir for responding to feedback! Post-hotfix, I've found the A320 a lot less controllable upon landing. These changes should help.

Without wanting to sound contradictory, there still needs to be the ability to bounce a landing at higher rates of decent - the old MSFS FM logic of 'touch down, stay down' was noticeable and felt very wrong. Additionally, there still needs to be an allowance for the effects of x-wind and gusts on the airframe. This video nicely shows that squirrelly landings are real, so I'd like a bit more authority to keep your A320 on the runway, yet still have to work to achieve it.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

46 minutes ago, Aamir said:

- Adjusted wheel grip to prevent weight on wheels sideslip and/or unintended ice skating

Thanks Aamir! That sounds like the new SU10 flight model tuning parameters for static ground friction and/or wheel stickiness are being used?

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, F737MAX said:

Thanks @Aamir for responding to feedback! Post-hotfix, I've found the A320 a lot less controllable upon landing. These changes should help.

Without wanting to sound contradictory, there still needs to be the ability to bounce a landing at higher rates of decent - the old MSFS FM logic of 'touch down, stay down' was noticeable and felt very wrong. Additionally, there still needs to be an allowance for the effects of x-wind and gusts on the airframe. This video nicely shows that squirrelly landings are real, so I'd like a bit more authority to keep your A320 on the runway, yet still have to work to achieve it.

But when you hear the altitude countdown,,,,  50----------40----------30--------20--------10---------  , with over 1 second   between callouts,     and then bounce with a landing rate of 300 fpm,  there is something not right. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, F737MAX said:

Don't worry, given sufficient and appropriate abuse, you'll find yourself headed skywards again.

2 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

Thanks Aamir! That sounds like the new SU10 flight model tuning parameters for static ground friction and/or wheel stickiness are being used?

Yessir.

• Like 6

Aamir Thacker

58 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

But when you hear the altitude countdown,,,,  50----------40----------30--------20--------10---------  , with over 1 second   between callouts,     and then bounce with a landing rate of 300 fpm,  there is something not right. 

That's why I said:

2 hours ago, F737MAX said:

Post-hotfix, I've found the A320 a lot less controllable upon landing. These changes should help.

Hopefully, the Fenix team find the right balance between:

1. an approach with too high a R.O.D. giving a bounced landing, and,
  2. an approach in the normal R.O.D. range, leading to a landing rate that both makes their A320 stick to the runway *and* doesn't look like we've crashed it.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

A rather futile request, but one that would do me a great favor.
Aamir, would it be possible to add an option to minimize the FenixSim A320 app to sytem tray on startup?
I have a large TV screen and the app window overflows the sides when I launch it so I always have to move it around before I can continue using MSFS, which is quite annoying.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

54 minutes ago, Aamir said:

Yessir.

Nice!, Hopefully this goes some way in fixing the ground handling/physics issues in SU9 and prior especially with the slipperiness in winds.. looking forward to testing this out in the Fenix and also hopefully more aircraft as they start to make use of these new FM tuning parameters.

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Hi Aamir, 

what happens to the contrails, are they coming back ?

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

16 hours ago, David Roch said:

A rather futile request, but one that would do me a great favor.
Aamir, would it be possible to add an option to minimize the FenixSim A320 app to sytem tray on startup?
I have a large TV screen and the app window overflows the sides when I launch it so I always have to move it around before I can continue using MSFS, which is quite annoying.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Hm, in response to this I just checked the behaviour of the app on my PC - it did exactly this, it minimised itself. The caveat is that I used the "auto-launch", so I just let it do it's thing.

• Like 1

Aamir Thacker

Thanks for your answer, Aamir. Unfortunately, the auto-launch doesn't work for me, despite the correct entry in exe.xml.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

1 hour ago, David Roch said:

Thanks for your answer, Aamir. Unfortunately, the auto-launch doesn't work for me, despite the correct entry in exe.xml.

The exe xml issues are widely spreaded. MSFS unfortunately doesn't start the exes for unknown reasons.

That's a huge issue for all addons which are using this method. I think it's a msfs issue.

M.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

New Update

[SYSTEM]

- Adjusted custom low speed friction model to be slightly more fluid

- Fixed incorrect air/ground mix factor causing irrecoverable nose down elevator after a bounced landing

- Removed alpha-buffer pseudo-prot, causing issues with flare authority in certain conditions

[FM]

- Adjusted spoiler efficacy

- Improved suspension geometry and setup to reduce bouncing, absorbing more energy on touchdown and subsequently sitting lower on the ground

- Added lift dumping to spoilers so the aircraft is more stable after touchdown in a crosswind

- Improved aircraft's crosswind and weathervaning characteristics 

- Adjusted lateral tyre friction to prevent weight on wheels sideslip and/or unintended ice skating

//

Thanks everyone for your kind patience and cooperation when working toward debugging some of these issues. From the team and myself - your valuable input was a gamechanger, but more importantly the way most of you jumped on board, rolled your sleeves up and helped us figure out what was wrong made me proud of the community around Fenix.

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 2

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

9 hours ago, David Roch said:

David, did you try running fs as admin?

Just had my first flight with 1.0.4.134 build. Ground handling feels way easier now. The plane didn't feel so fiddly on takeoff and landing roll, great! I also enjoy the flare feel a lot in the new version. The only strange issue is that on initial climb the plane started slowing down a lot after thrust climb. The speed dropped all the way to 180kts when the autopilot finally disconnected. The AP tried to maintain something like 15 degrees. I had to lower the nose to 10 degrees to get back my speed. 

Overall, this plane is headed to a great direction.

Edited by Kopteeni