Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

JusFlight P3D development halted for 747C and A300B4-200

https://www.justflight.com/articles/p3d-development-halted-for-our-747-classic-and-a300b4200

It’s with a great deal of regret that we have taken the tough decision not to proceed with any further development of both the 747 Classic and A300B4-200 for Prepar3D.

We appreciate that this will be disappointing for those of you who are still flying in P3D and have been looking forward to a study-level airliner, but the drastically reduced number of P3D users since the release of Microsoft Flight Simulator sadly makes further development of the 747 and A300 for P3D an unviable proposition for us.

We are, however, working to release both aircraft for Microsoft Flight Simulator, taking full advantage of all the latest features offered by this new platform. We'll bring you some firmer details about a development schedule in due course.

We thank you all for your patience and understanding and our sincere apologies to all of you who were looking forward to flying these airliners in P3D.

Pitty, but an org must go where it can use their limited resources to earn where they best can.

In all honestly I wasn't even aware they were in development of such aircraft.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Frustrating given how far along in development both projects were. Particularly the A300 which was at the video preview stage almost 2 years ago now.

I guess there's still the TFDI MD11 and FSLabs Concorde to look forward to. But I am very disappointed considering how much I've wanted a proper 747 Classic in P3D for years.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

Bummer... I was following their development since an FSX version wasn't yet ruled out. Guess I'll have to reinstall FS9 just for the RFP 747.

Edited by Luis Hernandez
  • Like 2

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I think this change was decided long time ago but communicated only now to be back in communication.

Justflight may hope users change to FS2020 to have a decent A300 or 747 classic. So that does not work for me. I still could buy several planes for P3D5, which I yet don't have. I have lots of aircraft and sometimes need to remember them to take them out of the hangar to fly them. There are freeware A300 and 747. Yes, not as good, as these two could have been, but certainly flyable and enjoyable. I still have the old Simcheck A300 and maybe do a merge with a working freeware cockpit. 

• Upvote 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

1 hour ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Bummer... I was following their development since an FSX version wasn't yet ruled out. Guess I'll have to reinstall FS9 just for the RFP 747.

I had lots of fun with the RFP bird back in the day.  After years of waiting on the JF 742 to appear, I went with the Felis 747-200 and the iniBuilds A300 in XPlane. 

They're both nicely done.  It's clear that we'll never see a complete fleet on any one platform.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

As a ultra die hard P3D user, even I have seen the writing on the wall and have completely uninstalled P3D and this weekend start the MSFS install process. The tidal wave is just too great to ignore any longer. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

14 minutes ago, B777ER said:

As a ultra die hard P3D user, even I have seen the writing on the wall and have completely uninstalled P3D and this weekend start the MSFS install process. The tidal wave is just too great to ignore any longer. 

I have full working installations of P3Dv5 and v4, FSX, X-Plane 11, and MSFS.  With all of them available to me, I find myself flying P3D probably 60% of the time, XP11 30% of the time, MSFS 5% of the time, and I tinker with the XP12 demo and do the occasional PMDG MD-11 flight in FSX the other 5% of the time.  I haven't uninstalled and walked away from any of them, tidal wave notwithstanding. 

As Mr Spock will say one day on a future stardate: "you may come to find that having is not nearly as pleasing as wanting"

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

My big hopes lay with the potential P3Dv6 release. Other than that, I feel myself now like I'm in 2013/2014 still using FS2004, while people around me are switching over FSX to P3D. I have a feeling (and hope) that MSFS is a new incarnation of FSX that we have to patiently live through in anticipation of something real big to come.

Yes, I do have MSFS that I occasionally use for casual VFR flying.

Disappointing, but not surprising, really. 

I find that these days, I'm flying a limited number of aircraft anyway: FSLabs Airbuses, PMDG 737s, iFly Advanced 737s, Aerosoft CRJs, and Majestic Q400. I'm really trying to fly these aircraft well.

Although I have MSFS, I currently don't have it installed, so P3D v5.3 is the only sim on my desktop. Even with the limited aircraft above, I tend to spend the great majority of my time flying the FSLabs Airbuses and the 73x ... so no loss for me, really, if JustFlight stopped development on their P3D aircraft.

• Like 1

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

I am in a similar position with RD Presets EHRD Rotterdam. They created v1 for P3D and X-Plane, and then v2 for MSFS and X-Plane, with a P3D version "just around the corner". Sadly, they decided to relegate the P3D version to the back burner, and I really do not see them ever releasing it now. A great pity, as it was the one airport that I was looking forward to the most.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Perhaps the reason sales of P3D add ons has diminished is not just because of MSFS but the fact that the number of new add ons being released was drying up anyway. All there was to choose from was a lot of product that had been around along time and only updated along with new P3D version updates. Most users already had the products that they wanted.
The P3D platform is ideal for the likes of a 747 classic. I cant see a 13 year old Xbox MSFS user having the patience for something like this.

It is a shame that LM wont "come clean" and release a development roadmap.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Cheers

Steve Hall

9 minutes ago, cowpatz said:

It is a shame that LM wont "come clean" and release a development roadmap.

I would agree on an emotional level, but they most likely would never do so as P3D business model is totally different. Hence, we just have to wait patiently.

38 minutes ago, cowpatz said:

It is a shame that LM wont "come clean" and release a development roadmap

I’m 65 and have been flying IRL, doing IRL Air Traffic Control and flying simulators since my early 30s. I have every version of P3d since v 2.0 but I no longer fly in P3d because MSFS 2020 has demonstrated a desire to push the boundaries while LM and P3d have decided to sit and watch the world pass them by.  MSFS clearly dominates the hobby and market. 

-B

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

I would agree on an emotional level, but they most likely would never do so as P3D business model is totally different. Hence, we just have to wait patiently.

That last sentence says it all really. I would suggest that even if they were to release a version 6 that they would have to ensure backwards compatibility, otherwise there would be very few add ons available for users.This in turn would limit it's development. In the meantime I guess we just have to survive on the scraps that fall off the dining table.

Cheers

Steve Hall