Sign in to follow this  
mikelockwood

Bijan vs Accuseason

Well I found some spare cash down the back of the sofa so went ahead and purchased, the App does a job and I set up the Automation with ease. As for the Trees I went with Short Height which looks just fine to me here on the South Coast of England.
The vibrancy of the current Autumn colours is perhaps a bit ahead of where it is in reality, there's still a lot of green going on round these parts, but I'm not expecting the Mod to be 100% perfect of course and as such is does a very good job regardless.
As per the screenshot I did notice a few dark areas, at first I thought they were cloud shadows but briefly switching to Clear Skies they remained in place. A small eyesore for what is a very good looking scene to be fair.

FS2020_20221015_151855_NIS_70_10_R.jpg?w

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

6 hours ago, MarcG said:

My arm is slowly being twister here, whilst I find Bijans mod very good the Accuseasons pics and upcoming 'clear roads of snow' feature does look great. Initially (even before I bought Bijans) I thought I'd wait it out for Asobo to introduce seasons, but alas with their half-baked approach at releasing features & past history of ignorance I don't hold much hope that they'll be any good at release and improved upon thereafter, whereas Rex are clearly showing signs of wanting to continually improve their product. Just need to find £25 though, best look down the back of the couch!

Yeah - me to, the big one for me is the runways and the taxiways in winter, just hoping the version that deals with the snow is out before it starts snowing (in MSFS) lol

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

13 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

Yeah - me to, the big one for me is the runways and the taxiways in winter, just hoping the version that deals with the snow is out before it starts snowing (in MSFS) lol

G

Hi Gary,

The runways and roads “are” or “are not” covered with snow in winter? In which version?

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

22 hours ago, MikeT707 said:

Coming soon. 

That's the point right here. This app is being further developed. 

The other one: not so much. 

7 hours ago, MarcG said:

Just need to find £25 though

Too late to help you as i see you've already bought it, but for any other UK based potential purchasers I suggest picking it up at Just Flight where it's only £16.99

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Doering said:

Hi Gary,

The runways and roads “are” or “are not” covered with snow in winter? In which version?

If you look at previous posts Mike has posted screenshot of Accuseasons clearing roads, runways & taxiways, think he said it was in beta.

Not sure about Bijan's Seasons, although does say something about it in the details. 

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

3 hours ago, MarcG said:

Well I found some spare cash down the back of the sofa so went ahead and purchased, the App does a job and I set up the Automation with ease. As for the Trees I went with Short Height which looks just fine to me here on the South Coast of England.
The vibrancy of the current Autumn colours is perhaps a bit ahead of where it is in reality, there's still a lot of green going on round these parts, but I'm not expecting the Mod to be 100% perfect of course and as such is does a very good job regardless.
As per the screenshot I did notice a few dark areas, at first I thought they were cloud shadows but briefly switching to Clear Skies they remained in place. A small eyesore for what is a very good looking scene to be fair.

Hi Marc. Great to hear you purchased the app and I sure hope you enjoy it. In terms of the colours being too far into the season or not far enough where one if flying, we accounted for that by having the Manual Dynamic Season Changes work somewhat like a Time Machine. 

Let me explain what I mean by that. If you go to the Automation page by clicking the blue Automation icon on the lower left, you will see a section titled, Manual Dynamic Season Changes. In that section click the dropdown to select a month and then you will be presented with the weeks contained in that month. With this month/week selection functionality, you can move forward or backwards any number of weeks to calibrate your visuals. So for instance, if the colors in AccuSeason seem to far into the season, just click on a week, maybe one or two weeks in the past and you will see autumn coloring from earlier in the season.  Hope that makes sense. 

In regards to the dark areas, I am afraid that is just the imagery we get from the Bing maps source. Wish there was something we could do about that but we get the imagery that we get, which in most cases is pretty good. As good as the Bing imagery is, I would suspect that Microsoft/Asobo might be able to do more advanced image processing in the future to make things look even better, but I am really pleased with the fact that we get such good quality image content from Microsoft/Asobo. Thanks for your comments Marc.

• Like 2

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

1 hour ago, Gazzareth said:
2 hours ago, Doering said:

Hi Gary,

If you look at previous posts Mike has posted screenshot of Accuseasons clearing roads, runways & taxiways, think he said it was in beta.

Hi Gazzareth and Doering. Correct, the snow-cleared roads, runways, and taxiways is in beta at the moment. Here are a few more pics of the Philadelphia area. 

cMRhefH.jpg

t6AWIZD.jpg

egSgz9s.jpg

HFIInDt.jpg

• Like 11

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

20 minutes ago, MikeT707 said:

Hi Marc. Great to hear you purchased the app and I sure hope you enjoy it. In terms of the colours being too far into the season or not far enough where one if flying, we accounted for that by having the Manual Dynamic Season Changes work somewhat like a Time Machine. 

Let me explain what I mean by that. If you go to the Automation page by clicking the blue Automation icon on the lower left, you will see a section titled, Manual Dynamic Season Changes. In that section click the dropdown to select a month and then you will be presented with the weeks contained in that month. With this month/week selection functionality, you can move forward or backwards any number of weeks to calibrate your visuals. So for instance, if the colors in AccuSeason seem to far into the season, just click on a week, maybe one or two weeks in the past and you will see autumn coloring from earlier in the season.  Hope that makes sense. 

In regards to the dark areas, I am afraid that is just the imagery we get from the Bing maps source. Wish there was something we could do about that but we get the imagery that we get, which in most cases is pretty good. As good as the Bing imagery is, I would suspect that Microsoft/Asobo might be able to do more advanced image processing in the future to make things look even better, but I am really pleased with the fact that we get such good quality image content from Microsoft/Asobo. Thanks for your comments Marc.

aahh yeah I see thanks, I'll take a look at them thanks for the pointer 🙂

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Mike, can you give us an overview on how the terrain masks and snow cleared roads work or are those trade secrets?

I'm especially interested if those features can cause a performance impact and if they can affect addon compatibility.

@MikeT707 That last shot showing the highway interchange is especially impressive! Like the first snowfall of the season. One question. Does the intensity of the white snow (thickness of snow on the ground) change depending on weather conditions (storm) or can the ground snow layer be given a precipitation value in the weather settings? 

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

6 hours ago, MarcG said:

As per the screenshot I did notice a few dark areas, at first I thought they were cloud shadows but briefly switching to Clear Skies they remained in place.

Are those srak area still there when not using REX?  I figured REX was only changing some colors so would be surprised if it was caused by the addon but maybe it is.  I am personally using the manual option instead of automatic since like you, I am find the Automatic to be much more colorful than I currently see in the areas I fly.  This changes every year of course based on weather but it's nice to have that option to set your own week..  I am using a late September setting right now.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

14 minutes ago, Doering said:

@MikeT707 That last shot showing the highway interchange is especially impressive! Like the first snowfall of the season. One question. Does the intensity of the white snow (thickness of snow on the ground) change depending on weather conditions (storm) or can the ground snow layer be given a precipitation value in the weather settings? 

Hi Doering. If I understand your question correctly, the thickness of the snow can be adjusted via a control in the MSFS Weather modal called Snow Depth or if you are on Live Weather, I believe snow depth is captured in the METAR, which is data used to depict weather in MSFS. In either case, snow in MSFS can look like you have a dusting of snow or it can look like there is a bunch of snow on the ground and rooftops. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Bijan Studios — Today at 4:44 PM

I spoke earlier today with Trev. Thank you Trev for your support.. To everyone else.... as mentioned before, my hands are tight until Asobo give me a solid answer so I can keep updating the season mod

https://discord.com/channels/889527263366877185/889527266537791511/1030944312109846608

https://discord.gg/ntvjgtgU

Edited by Waldo Pepper

27 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

Are those srak area still there when not using REX?  I figured REX was only changing some colors so would be surprised if it was caused by the addon but maybe it is.  I am personally using the manual option instead of automatic since like you, I am find the Automatic to be much more colorful than I currently see in the areas I fly.  This changes every year of course based on weather but it's nice to have that option to set your own week..  I am using a late September setting right now.

Hi Eric. The dark areas on the terrain in Marc's images show up whether or not REX is applied as this is specific to the Bing source imagery that is brought in into the sim. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations